Please explain pool hopping.

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
I am sure it is just what it means, but are you able to use the facilities (locker rooms, showers etc.) while pool hopping? We will be at DxL and my girls want to go to PO for the pool. Are we only allowed to pool hop at DVC resorts? I would be humiliated if we got kicked out of a pool if we were not guests at that resort! Thanks

Rosemary
Off-site every year since 1985
PO '96, '97, '99
Coronado '00
WL '94, '00
CB '98
VB '97, '98, '00
DL '01
BWV '01

If you are a DVC member staying on points, you can swim at any pool on WDW property. Animal Kingdom Lodge may be an exception. If there are serious crowds, pool hopping for DVC members may be suspended...that has only happened once or twice during holiday periods at the big pool over at the Swan or Dolphin or whatever that pool is in front of.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

I believe you can only pool hop while staying on points at a DVC resort.

Dean

But regardless, DxL and PO are "sister" resorts, and guests of one resort have always been able to swim at the other.

Aren't they combining the resorts into one anyway?

Dean

As of last week, the pool at PO was closed for renovation. It didn't look like a major thing, so it shouldn't be closed for too long. But you might want to check it out.

You can pool hop while staying at any resort as long as you are staying with DVC points and your resort ID card says "DVC Member" on it. We have always been able to use the showers, etc. at any pool we've "hopped" to. The pool at YC/BC is sometimes closed to hopping around Eastertime, but that's about it. Have fun!
:)

Pool hopping will not be allowed at the new AK lodge due to the limited access there. Only registered guests and guests with a confirmed dinner priority seating will be allowed on the property. In order to reserve dinner you have to give them a credit card deposit which will be charged a fee for no shows that don't cancel.

I was given this information by member services and also Disney resort management.

Thanks all for the information. What's this? PO and DxL combining into one? How would that work? What would they call it? Port Dixie?

Rosemary
Off-site every year since 1985
PO '96, '97, '99
Coronado '00
WL '94, '00
CB '98
VB '97, '98, '00
DL '01
BWV '01

rbuzzotta,

As has been stated here, pool HOPPING is allowed for DVC members. If you are caught walking between the pools, you will be forced to sell your DVC membership and join the Marriott Vacation Club!!

As I posted on the AOL board, I believe that we are seeing the beginning of the end of pool hopping. First stormalong bay when it is crowded now AKL. I just think all of them are next.

The overall name of the resort will be Port Orleans, with the former Port Orleans called the French Quarter and the former Dixie Landings called the Riverside.

The Port Orleans marina will be closing (date unknown). As of August 5th, Bonfamille's (the sit down restaurant at Port Orleans) is closed.

The merger will be effective April 2001. JMHO, but I think Disney decided that the word "Dixie" is not "PC".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter