Please explain banking points with different UYs and Resorts

gharter

DIS Veteran
We are looking at purchasing a second contract at a different resort. I know keeping the UY the same is ideal and easiest.
I've looked through the group and found threads about how different resorts and UY look in the dashboard, but couldn't find anything about banking and using banked points from different UYs.
Can they be combined after they have been banked, can I transfer banked points from one resort to the other?
I assume they have to be banked separately due to different UYs, but how does it work for the next year when I want to use the banked points.
Thanks for any help clearing this up.

Can't transfer banked points, unfortunately. But, you can bank transferred points.

Also, the banked points if you've transferred them prior to banking will retain their home resort UY, advantage, and subsequent expiry dates.

If you are hoping to use Resort B pts at Resort A at 11 months out, there is no way to do that. You cannot defeat the home resort advantage.

Also be aware that while you can bank transferred pts, you cannot borrow transferred pts.

Having 2 UYs basically means that you will have to manage the pts as though you are 2 different owners.

Thanks for the replys.
Your answers were what i thought, but could never find it specifically spelled out.
Although, from what I've read, if you have points at 2 different resorts, the UY doesn't matter as much other than being easier to keep track of by having the same UY.

We are looking at purchasing a second contract at a different resort. I know keeping the UY the same is ideal and easiest.
I've looked through the group and found threads about how different resorts and UY look in the dashboard, but couldn't find anything about banking and using banked points from different UYs.
Can they be combined after they have been banked, can I transfer banked points from one resort to the other?
I assume they have to be banked separately due to different UYs, but how does it work for the next year when I want to use the banked points.
Thanks for any help clearing this up.
It's really no different than if you had an account and managed a friend or family members account. They function independently as if different people. Can't use the points together without transferring or linking reservations. That said, one can transfer the points though currently I don't believe you can see or use the transferred points online in this situation. There are some advantages, mainly if one has specific trips, resorts and times of year the advantage of a well placed UY might be worth it. Having separate masters (which could be the same resort and UY or different for either/both) gives you additional wait list slots. The other time when I'd consider it is when one has a bad UY for their situation already. That said, DVC has historically been more lenient with multiple masters of a single owner including transferring of banked/borrowed points though usually when one specifically needs to like to combine points for a single resort or using for cash exchange options like a cruise.

It's really no different than if you had an account and managed a friend or family members account. They function independently as if different people. Can't use the points together without transferring or linking reservations. That said, one can transfer the points though currently I don't believe you can see or use the transferred points online in this situation. There are some advantages, mainly if one has specific trips, resorts and times of year the advantage of a well placed UY might be worth it. Having separate masters (which could be the same resort and UY or different for either/both) gives you additional wait list slots. The other time when I'd consider it is when one has a bad UY for their situation already. That said, DVC has historically been more lenient with multiple masters of a single owner including transferring of banked/borrowed points though usually when one specifically needs to like to combine points for a single resort or using for cash exchange options like a cruise.
Thanks for the information. More to ponder.

Thanks for the information. More to ponder.
My suggestion is to ONLY do it if you have a reason to. One of the ones I mentioned above or possibly for a resort where it's difficult to find what one wants otherwise are about the only legitimate reasons that come to mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter