Please - don't yell

natanya

Earning My Ears
We have the DDP for 4 days for 5 adults. My ds, however, is 10, a very picky and light eater and will probably always eat from the childrens menu. We are possibly extending our stay by 4 days (off property so we can't add DDP days). My question is this:
Can my DS just order from the childs menu at the following restaurants we have ADR's for and we pay OOP and save his 4 TS meals for another night for the 4 of us that actually eat adult size portions? We have ADR's at Le Cellier, Ohana's (dinner), Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner) and Goofy's Cape May Breakfast.
If we could save his 4 and book an ADR at Whispering Canyon and just pay OOP for him from the childs menu.
Let me know what you think. And be kind.

On our last three visits, my 11 y.o. son (almost 12) always ate off the child's menu. There was never a question about it and he doesn't look young for his age.

We didn't have DDP, we had DDE. So I'm not sure if that makes a difference. :sunny:

What you are suggesting is fine. You paid for adult credits for your son. It doesn't matter who uses them.

The ethical police only attack the people who make posts about using their under-10 credits for adult meals.

There have been a (VERY) few posts from people who were charged extra when guests too old to qualify for child meals, the menu says they're for guests 3-9, ordered child meals. In some cases they were given larger portions.

The vast majority of older children and even adults who ordered child meals were charged the child rate. Some restaurants price their children's menu without the same allowance toward profit and fixed costs that are included in adult meals. Those restaurants may not be willing to extend the same policy to older children and adults. You wouldn't expect a restaurant that allowed young children to eat for free or for $1 to extend that pricing to older children.

natanya said:
We are possibly extending our stay by 4 days (off property so we can't add DDP days).

Not sure if you meant to try to use your extra TS meals on the days after you've moved off-property. Your dining-plan is only good to 11:59pm of your checkout day, so be sure to use all of your TS/CS credits by then.

ngtotd_dtrt said:
Not sure if you meant to try to use your extra TS meals on the days after you've moved off-property. Your dining-plan is only good to 11:59pm of your checkout day, so be sure to use all of your TS/CS credits by then.
Good point and thanks for reminding me. We are planning to do RFC one day we are staying on property, we could move this to a day we are off property since it is OOP anyway.

I DON'T SEE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU'RE DOING. IF YOU TELL THEM THE SITUATION AND THEY LET HIM HAVE A KID'S MEAL, WHY SHOULD ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT!!!!!

Oh ooops. You said don't yell. Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter