Please, don't shoot, just asking!

s call CRO and have the park ticket added to my resort, pay for them and BAM, there we have it. One ticket for each person,

:rolleyes: Yes but if you purchase them online,or at the disney store they aren't on your room key. My point was that not ALL tickets are on your room key...don't be so defensive jeez. :badpc:

I don't know about EMH however. When I participated in it our room key was our ticket, but I don't think they would ask to see the OP's 4 y/o's room key. Most resorts only print keys for the adults and oldest child, if your key isn't also a ticket.

disneyfreakjackie said:
GOOD!! I'm glad they're checking EVERYONE'S room key!!! :cool1: That way the "off-siters" can't get in on EMH and crowd our parks!!! (Sorry if you're an "Off-siter"!!!) :guilty:

I totally agree with you on that one! :cool1:

The thought of 7 people, crammed into a value room, using one tiny bathroom - doesn't sound like a great vacation to me...

About the fire code - if you're unconcious, or dead, how would they know to look for your unregistered children? Maybe they'd miss the littlest one, not listed, who was curled up sideways at the foot of the bed in a very smoky room? I guess that image is worth saving a few bucks, right? Or having seven people trying to get out of one door, tripping over seven people's luggage, beds on the floor, etc... :rolleyes: Hopefully, the parents would let the kids out first, as the room burst into flames.

We spoke to people in line for Test Track who had 6 in their room at ASMusic - and their kids were 6, 10, 12, and 16. They didn't understand how this was a problem at all. I asked them about the early entry (we did early entry and I held all the room keys in my hand while each kid did their own ticket so we probably could have been a room key short without them noticing) and evening EMH, but they hadn't done either. I guess if you're not planning to take advantage of these perks, no one would ever notice or care.

However, when we did late EMH at EPCOT, they did check my photo ID (drivers license) against my room card, and even asked DS12 to produce photo ID (he didn't have any but they still gave him the wristband). So I think it would be a problem then to be one short. I know people are suggesting to go to two issue points, and concede when my son lost his wristband (it was WAY too loose), they gave him another without even checking for a card. However, I think by summer too many people will be beating the system this way and they will start scanning the cards like FP's and only allow you to scan them once. The first time we used FP's in 2000, we could use anything - expired tickets, room keys (without tickets), etc., so were able to get 3 FP's at once. But they solved that quickly and now they can even tell if your ticket is activated for that day, that park, etc. So I don't think it will be long before the EMH's follow.

This concerns me too, because we also have a family of 5. Stayed at all-stars when one was under 3, then switched to Dixie Landings. This time got away with Coronado because we went with a convention and booked DS with friends in the room next door. Although he actually slept in our room, and yes, if there was a fire/hurricane, they would have been looking for him in the wrong room. But I too doubt they'll be digging through a fire with a checklist of occupants, just looking for anyone!

I hesitate to make a trip back because my youngest will be 10 this summer - I think that means we no longer can stay at POR. I really don't like the All-Stars/Pop (2 rooms), but like the mention of the 3 year old above, can't understand why we can't use the trundle if my 10 year old is 4 feet tall and easily fits?! But I know his card would then say CHILD on it like it did this time, but then he would have an adult pass and maybe that would be a problem too?! Yes, I could always lie and say he was 9! (Just kidding - really!)

I don't really have any suggestions - the main reason we stay on site is for the EMH hours, and if we can't do that with a family of 5 without spending a fortune, we probably won't come back. Sad but true!

marciemi said:
However, I think by summer too many people will be beating the system this way and they will start scanning the cards like FP's and only allow you to scan them once. The first time we used FP's in 2000, we could use anything - expired tickets, room keys (without tickets), etc., so were able to get 3 FP's at once. But they solved that quickly and now they can even tell if your ticket is activated for that day, that park, etc. So I don't think it will be long before the EMH's follow.

!

ITA!
I think if Disney is that worried about all of this, they WILL figured out a way to resolve the problem! So me worrying about what others are doing, is just a waste of my time. I think the people behind Disney are pretty darn smart!

One thing though. If you have a PS for a breakfast BEFORE the park is open, they are NOT checking this at all. They open the gates at 8am and everyone there is let it. When we were just there, we had a 8:05. We got to CP and my daughter freaked, so we had to leave. We had a good half hour to wait before they opened the sections to the rides/attractions. There were tons of people at the ropes already! There is NO way they had breakfast already and were done and out there. We had the first PS and didn't even eat!

What happens on EMH mornings when the park is opening at the same time as the restaurants? There are people that can go to the breakfast, that aren't staying on site. But they get it anyway right? They could easily make a PS, but then just not go to it and go to the attractions like the resort guests. Right?

Okay, if I am dead or unconscious because of a fire and my unregistered child is in my room, huddled on the floor surrounded by smoke, you really think they're not going to check the room? Won't they at least be looking for me? Or my husband? Or the registered kids we have? And how do we know it will be only the unregistered kid on the floor? Yes, I'm sure it could happen, but ti doesn't seem likely to me as I am sure that the firemen will not be searching each room with a list from the front desk. They will be searching each and every room checking for people anywhere. I mean, what if my kid ran out of our burning room but got separated from me and panicked and ran into another room (maybe thinking I went there, thinking it was safer, who knows why). If they went with a checklist my kid would never be found if that room was listed as unoccupied. So I doubt they would rely solely on a list. When I lived in a huge apartment building in Baltimore, someone lit trash on fire in the hallway on the 10th floor. When the fire was finally put out the firemen and building managers were talking to everyone before they let us back in. The firemen reassured everyone that their pets were all safe and the building manager said "No one has pets cause they're not allowed in the buidling." The firemen smiled and said "oh". We all had pets (I had a cat and a bunny, but took them out with me when I fled) and the firemen found them despite the fact that there were none registered with the building. And they didn't carry any list then either, just broke the locks and searched each apt. So my guess would be that Disney would react the same in a fire, just check every room regardless, and firemen are pretty skilled, enough to know kids might be hiding in a room so I'm sure they check all over.

Not to mention all the groups Disney hosts each and every day. There is NO way that each room has all the right people in it all the time. People probably sleep in the wrong rooms all the time, especially with teen groups or with large family reunion groups. And yeah, they aren't going to, in a MAJOR fire emergancy, go around with a checklist of who is in what room and try to figure out if this is John, or that is Bill or this is Peggy!

I can see if there really was a bad bad fire that killed/burned a lot of people, that they might need to know who exactly was in the room.

I believe the "fire safety lists" are more to do with insurance.. Heaven forbid something happen and a child died in the fire. If you tried to sue Disney for liablity, and the child wasn't on the list, I believe there would be some legal hassle there since its your word against their database.

There would not be any hassle in suing if you were not a registered guest. It also would not be your word against Disney's as the body would be identified by family or medical/dental records, so there would be proof. Just think of how many 'unregistered' guests there are at say the Poly at any given time with people eating at Ohana's, Kona, the Luau, etc. If you were eating there and died there would be no 'record' of you on Disney's part (since you may not have had a PS or have given everyone's names if you did) but you could be IDed and proven to have been there.

I agree that it's really probably about Disney wanting more money, after all, 3 seems to be their magical number. I mean where else do you go where they have room capacity based on age? When I stay at a Hilton it doesn't say 4 people and 1 in a crib. If you're under 3 in Disney you eat free (at buffets) get into parks free, and 'don't count' at your resort. I also am not against this, since it's their business and if they want to charge at a certain age so be it, but I just don't think it's really all about fire lists. Yes, I understand that fire codes restrict how many people can stay in a given room/building/hotel/etc., but I haven't ever seen fire codes that list a capacity, but then add that if some kids are in cribs the capacity can be higher.

MemoryMakers2669 said:
Yeah, this fire code stuff makes no sense at all. A child age 3 years and one day is a fire hazard, but two days prior they aren't????? If they can be under three and within fire code, surely they can be over that age. Maybe we have a firefighter among us and they can explain how this works....realistically!

Or is it really that Disney just wants to make more money? This is what I think is the real reason, which I am fine with actually!

Not a firefighter, but a firefighter's daughter. Here is how I understand it. You are right, it is not a fire code thing by room, but by resort building. That is how quickly can the maximum number of people per floor evac that floor if they were all there at the same time (i.e. middle of the night ).

I personally would not try to go over the room maximum, just too many issues, both safety related and embarresment if you are 'found out' Plus it's against Disney's rules.

:rolleyes: This alone was my sentiment. :badpc:

And I was not being defensive, that is not what you said...

MRS KREAMER: "Only if you purchase it at the resort. Trust me I used to work at All Star Sports, I used to sell park tickets."

Don't want somebody getting bad information just becaue somebody else so matter-of-factishly made the point of saying, "I used to work for Disney, so believe me, I know."

Geesh - right back atcha! pirate:

bytheblood said:
:rolleyes: This alone was my sentiment. :badpc:

And I was not being defensive, that is not what you said...

MRS KREAMER: "Only if you purchase it at the resort. Trust me I used to work at All Star Sports, I used to sell park tickets."

Don't want somebody getting bad information just becaue somebody else so matter-of-factishly made the point of saying, "I used to work for Disney, so believe me, I know."

Geesh - right back atcha! pirate:

before that I wrote:
"If you don't buy a pkg, then no your tics are not on your room key. If you purchase you tics ahead of time, online or at the disneystore, they aren't on your room key. They are only on your room key if you purchase them at the resort or you purchase them in the myw pkg!"

You took one part of what I said and turned it around. I understand that if you request them to be on your room key over the phone and if you book a pkg, then yes the ticket is on your key. I was simply stating that not ALL tickets are keys. Give it up...you aren't proving anything...it is just a message board! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

when your home burns down, do you think that the firemen know how many people are in your home to look for? no, they break down the door and search your home.

The city does not keep a list of people staying in your home everyday of every given hour, the fireman just go in and look and hope that everyone comes out safely. That is there job. No list from the front desk would help them, fires are to quick and that would be considerably slow to check off names... and kind of silly considering at any given time, relatives visit each others rooms .... guests from other hotels, eating establishments and so on.

Yes there is a max. amount of people that can fit per building for safety reasons and one person breaking the rules would not be such a bad thing. However if everyone in your building decided to pick the exact same week to stay that you were and they all decided to break the rules and God forbid something did happen, there could be some safety issues.

I do not believe it has to do with Disney wanting more money.... I mean have you ever been in a small restaurant and there was a sign posted that said max. 200 (or some other #) by order of the fire chief. Every building has these codes and if Disney did not advertise that it was against the rules then they would be breaking the law and they would be accountable. That would not make much business sense for them.

Just my opinion.....

As stated the fire codes have to evacuation process. Just as they do in a movie theater or restaurant, there is a safe number that can get out of the rooms down the halls, and out the stairs.

If there are 40 rooms to a hall and each room goes over the capacity then yes it causes a problem.

Of course everyone thinks, well only I will do it and one more person won't hurt. Of course that is never the case.

Truely at any given time everyone can justify some bending of the guidelines or rules if they want to. My feelings are rules and guidelines are there for a reason, so I abide by them.

The firefighters will not be looking for people to rescue. They don't have enough staff or time to do that. They will be sifting through the ashes and finding bodies and matching them to the guest list to see who died in the fire. Fires move extremely quickly and people can be killed by smoke much more quickly than they will by flames. And, yes, they expect you to be carrying the little ones under the age of three, so they don't need additional evacuation space to get you and the baby out of the fire. It's only one set of feet fleeing down the corridor and stairs.

The day I got married, there was another wedding party in the evening at the same church (we got married early in the afternoon). They lost several members of their wedding party and family because of a hotel fire the night before. This was a large, well known hotel in West Houston. A fire can happen when you least expect it. Someone on the DVC board just mentioned that there was a fire recently at the new Bonnet Creek Resort (on the edge of Disney property near CBR).

I totally understand all of that, but when you see those posted occupancy signs in restaurants, movie theaters, etc., they have a maximum occupancy, let's say 150 people. They don't say 150 people plus 50 kids under age 3. That 150 includes 2 year olds as well as 18 year olds. That's why I don't understand Disney and the 3 year old rule. I gues it could be about carrying them out in a fire, but then why do other hotels, such as a Hilton, only state 4 per room (or 5 or whatever the limit might be)? I have never been to another hotel outside of Disney where they say the room occupancy is 4, but you can also have a child under age 3.

MrsKreamer said:
before that I wrote:
"If you don't buy a pkg, then no your tics are not on your room key. If you purchase you tics ahead of time, online or at the disneystore, they aren't on your room key. They are only on your room key if you purchase them at the resort or you purchase them in the myw pkg!"

You took one part of what I said and turned it around. I understand that if you request them to be on your room key over the phone and if you book a pkg, then yes the ticket is on your key. I was simply stating that not ALL tickets are keys. Give it up...you aren't proving anything...it is just a message board! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

W pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter