• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please dont label me crazy but...

I got an outfit for MVMCP, bt it's one outfit. No need to change. I will bring a back up in case of an accident (which has never happened).

I would be careful about making the trip more about posing and taking pictures, then the actual time in Disney.

Do what you want, but I'd be furious if my kid had to pee with busy rest rooms, and you were using a stall or family room to change clothes.

We are going to the world in December and I have collected several outfits for my daughter to wear in Disney. We will be there for 7 days and I have over 25 outfits. Anyone else go crazy over there kids clothes? We will be having multiple outfit changes throughout the parks.

To answer your question, no, I do not go crazy with my son's clothes. We brought one change of clothes into the parks every day in case DS spilled something, wanted to play in a splash area, etc. I have a boy, not a girl, but my answer would've been the same with a girl.

My daughter loves clothes. Changing is a non issue. She changed clothes a few times on our last trip and it was fine. She loves taking pictures in all her different outfits and posing. All her Disney clothes have been approved by her and she is excited to wear them. We have 5 character meals with matching dresses, then pants sets while not at character meals plus warmer clothes at night, BBB costume, Christmas outfits for MVMCP. It adds up.

I am sorry but I just had to respond to this. I too love to take photos and do make the kids matching outfits, costumes for character meals etc. However, we do not change 3 times a day at WDW. If that makes you happy then go crazy but I will offer you a different prespective. I know someone who had a mother like that when they were little. They too seemed like your dd. However, as an adult they have said that they hated every moment of it and just wanted to be like other kids and not have to have the most elaborate everything so the picture looked good. That mom's intentions were good I have no doubt but their child really didn't enjoy it as much as the mom thought. It was mainly to please the mom. Just something to think about. YMMV.

ETA- I do bring special clothing for WDW and I looooovvveeee taking photos too!

That just sounds miserable.

I can understand changing to a different outfit if you've gone back to the resort for a nap or swim, but 3 changes in the parks? Sorry, that's demented.

Do what you must. Enjoy this stage of your daughter's life while you can, because before you know it, your child will develop a mind of her own and will refuse to play "dolls." When she comes home as a teenager with the multiple piercings, goth hair, and grunge clothes, at least you'll have the old photos to cry over. :rolleyes1

Remember OP, you started this thread!

Don't worry. There are LOTS of us. You just have to know where to look! We have a Facebook Group, sent you a PM. Certainly there are easier ways to change than others and you can absolutely save yourself some grief by creative scheduling. You will see lots of kids decked out in customs and lots of kids in play clothes. To each their own.
You will find that three changes every day is a lot but when you think about it, most of us wear two outfits a day anyway to freshen up before dinner.

So at that point you are only talking about one change in the parks a day. Totally reasonable.

I love how me bring many clothes thread has turned into a my child will grow up and hate me and have piercings. If she chooses to have piercings then she can. Right now she is my daughter and I make somewhat the decisions for her until she is old enough to choose. Tell me I'm a bad mother but my child is healthy and happy. . I was raised the same way my daughter was and I turned out mighty fine. I haven't a piercing yet other than my ears. I was looking for easy ways to transport extra clothing into park not get motherly advice. I will answer my own question and just ziploc bag it into the parks and put it in the bottom of my stroller. Clothing changes it is. At least my photo pass will look awesome with my pictures of my child having a blast!

Why did you make this thread then? You obviously didn't want advice from anyone, just seeking approval.

Nobody needs three outfits a day. Even a young child isn't THAT messy. One change if they spill something down them, yes. But not three! At your daughter's age I would just be raring to explore the parks, not changing every couple of hours. You don't need special clothes to enjoy the magic and memories.

Let's face it! While eating all those messy snacks and meals kids clothes get messy! Don't forget the water rides and perhaps even meltdowns on the ground. I wish I brought a change of clothes for my 4 year old to the parks each day:) I say if she is a younger child then change away!!!:rotfl:

I think what you were asking, OP, is "is this normal?" You've got your answer!

Not everyone strives for "normal." If this is what you enjoy and you have examined your motives and your child's willingness, do what you honestly think is best for both of you.

However, I hope you're open to listening to your child if she starts to balk at 3 to 4 changes of clothes a day. You were brought up this way and obviously fashion and clothes are your passion. Your dd might end up the same, or she might not. Be careful to watch and listen.

Many of us try to impart our passions to our kids. The key is not to force them. The same advice people are trying to give you could be given to most of us, but about different things - sports, music, hobbies, etc. Fashion is just a more unusual one.

At first I thought you were just saying that you were really prepared with random extra clothes (which I completely understand). Then I read more from you and realized that you have 25 custom outfits for specific things. That's overkill.

I took like 30 outfits for DD when we were at WDW a couple of weeks, but it was a bunch of fun Disney shirts, one Cinderella dress, and leftover summer clothes. She didn't wear half of it and that was fine by me. I wanted it just in case we needed more clothes. I wasn't going to change her 3 times a day just so she could wear them all.

I love how me bring many clothes thread has turned into a my child will grow up and hate me and have piercings. If she chooses to have piercings then she can. Right now she is my daughter and I make somewhat the decisions for her until she is old enough to choose. Tell me I'm a bad mother but my child is healthy and happy. . I was raised the same way my daughter was and I turned out mighty fine. I haven't a piercing yet other than my ears. I was looking for easy ways to transport extra clothing into park not get motherly advice. I will answer my own question and just ziploc bag it into the parks and put it in the bottom of my stroller. Clothing changes it is. At least my photo pass will look awesome with my pictures of my child having a blast!

My daughter did not have a bunch of custom outfits but I did buy her costumes in every park to wear at WdW. Guess what? She does have piercings and even tattoos. You know what else, she's creative, smart, beautiful, and tons of fun.
There are worse things kids can do. Some here might not want to speak too
soon. In my wildest dreams I never thought my daughter would be pierced and tattooed.

Yes, I do think that is a lot of clothes for 7 days at the parks and 25 custom outfits is a large amount. Honestly, if that was just her vacation wear, I think I'd have trouble fitting all of those outfits into my daughter's walk-in closet ;).

BUT, to those who think her daughter is unwilling or that the OP is forcing too much on her, I can speak to having a little girl who loves to dress up and put on different clothes and I think, if I allowed it, mine might change three times a day, even in Disney. I am a jeans, clogs, cute simple shirt kind of mom but my daughter LOVES clothes and fashion and has had her own ideas about what she wants to wear since she was 2.5 and went on an almost 2 year pants strike. We didn't bring multiple outfits per day to Disney but we did bring 5 princess dresses for a 7 day trip. For my daughter, dress up clothes are her "toys" of preference. She doesn't have an abundance of trendy toys but has a rack of Disney, custom, and generic "princess" and "fairy" clothes and has a Christmas list that consists almost entirely of dress-up requests. So, if your daughter enjoys dressing up and you want to indulge that passion (and three-year-olds are extremely passionate and sometimes obsessive creatures) then I hope you have a wonderful trip together and get loads of amazing pictures and memories from your time in Disney.

This is my 3 year olds 3rd trip to Disney. We are going for 7 days so we will have plenty of time to catch and see everything. I'm a single mom so I don't answer to anyone. (One of the perks of being single:) Pictures last a lifetime and I would love to have adorable pictures of my daughter to look back on years from now.

If you don't have to "answer to anyone" then why post it here and then get annoyed when people give you truthful answers?

I'm also going to agree with the PP here who said that your DD is a child and not a doll. There is no reason to change clothes that many times just to "make memories" and have good pictures on your Photopass card.

That is just plain ridiculous. Sorry, but you brought up crazy. It is a ton of crap to carry around, worry about in a stroller, a time waster. Tattoos and piercings aside, lol, why spend a week changing clothes. That isn't the point of vacation unless you are trying out for a reality tv program. Single dad has to be Thalia g high heaven that he doesn't have to play Sherpa!

I didn't change multiple outfits per day with my DD, but we had one morning in MK with multiple costumes. DD and DS dressed as Tink and Peter Pan first and met Fairies, then Peter. We then changed out and DD had a tank and mermaid skirt that she wore for Aladdin and Jasmine then Ariel and Eric. After these, they both changed into pirate gear and they did PL. They love costumes and wear many around the house so this was fun for them. It was a crazy morning going from character to character but soooo worth it to get it all out of the way.

So, if your daughter enjoys dressing up and you want to indulge that passion (and three-year-olds are extremely passionate and sometimes obsessive creatures) then I hope you have a wonderful trip together and get loads of amazing pictures and memories from your time in Disney.

Thank you and thanks to all the PM's from people that do the same. I got many ideas.
Im not angry because I started this thread and had negativity, Im aggrivated that some felt the need to psychologically evaluate my child.

Single dad has to be Thalia g high heaven that he doesn't have to play Sherpa!
I really appriciate your feedback here with her father considering he isnt and has never been in her life. He is dead. I think you should consider that sometimes when you make an assumption well....

This is my 3 year olds 3rd trip to Disney. We are going for 7 days so we will have plenty of time to catch and see everything. I'm a single mom so I don't answer to anyone. (One of the perks of being single:) Pictures last a lifetime and I would love to have adorable pictures of my daughter to look back on years from now.

So when your DD looks back at the pictures years from now and sees herself in so many different outfits she will think how awesome it was that she spent a whole month in DisneyWorld :rotfl:

OP, if you don't want to have to lug around all that stuff just get yourself one of these and bring it with you to the parks. Its got wheels :thumbsup2

31U9laELPWL._SL500_.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter