Please Delete this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry that you are having to deal with this and hope that I did not add to your frustration. It is hard when a one-size fits all mentality is used.
Well it's not a one size fits all solution. If it were, everyone with any type of disability would have the same accommodation. Here, someone with purely a physical disability is given one solution. Someone with a vision issue has another. Someone who has cognitive issues and can't wait in line a third. Etc. how is that one size fits all?

all I can say is that I know some one with an amputation who went to disney wheo said she wish she walked more prior to her trip ( she said she had some problems with her leg that she only learned when she walked a good bit on it and if she had done that before her trip she would have know, I can not remember all the detail so I do not want to up set you so I will not go into it)

but as others have said disney dose accommodate disability and we can if we chose use what disney gives us to accommodate out disability or not. so people have to pay for it with cash ( like renting a wheel chair and I have heard off site is cheeper) some pay with it in the fact that they can not be in the park all day people with medical problems, small children who have to nape, or a number of other things. Disney dose not say well you can not be in the park all day so your ticket will get X amount off since you have to go back to your hotel room.

if disney gave out wheel chair for free then every one under the sun would be in one and then the people that rely needed it would not have one just like if disney gave evey one with a mobility problem a wheel chair then the Fast pass line would be so long people who needed it ( like no other accommodation would work for them) would not be alble to enjoy the park.

I know you do not want to use a wheel chair but at disney that maybe what you need

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this and hope that I did not add to your frustration. It is hard when a one-size fits all mentality is used.

No you did not! You are the only one who seems to actually understand. Until these other people have to walk a mile in my shoes they will never know. It's very easy to say what they think should happen until it happens to them first hand. Just an FYI a prosthetic leg IS considered a mobility device already, so please know your facts before you speak because it makes you look uneducated.

Well it's not a one size fits all solution. If it were, everyone with any type of disability would have the same accommodation. Here, someone with purely a physical disability is given one solution. Someone with a vision issue has another. Someone who has cognitive issues and can't wait in line a third. Etc. how is that one size fits all?
Not all physical pain is best resolved with a wheelchair, ecv, rollator. Those are the only things repeated here for people with sometimes varying needs. Usually with a "you don't like it, too bad, call your representative" thrown in.

Like the OP I should step away from the unhelpful replies here.

all I can say is that I know some one with an amputation who went to disney wheo said she wish she walked more prior to her trip ( she said she had some problems with her leg that she only learned when she walked a good bit on it and if she had done that before her trip she would have know, I can not remember all the detail so I do not want to up set you so I will not go into it)

but as others have said disney dose accommodate disability and we can if we chose use what disney gives us to accommodate out disability or not. so people have to pay for it with cash ( like renting a wheel chair and I have heard off site is cheeper) some pay with it in the fact that they can not be in the park all day people with medical problems, small children who have to nape, or a number of other things. Disney dose not say well you can not be in the park all day so your ticket will get X amount off since you have to go back to your hotel room.

if disney gave out wheel chair for free then every one under the sun would be in one and then the people that rely needed it would not have one just like if disney gave evey one with a mobility problem a wheel chair then the Fast pass line would be so long people who needed it ( like no other accommodation would work for them) would not be alble to enjoy the park.

I know you do not want to use a wheel chair but at disney that maybe what you need

Using a wheelchair and pushing a 21 month old in a stroller is virtually impossible. Once again, people making suggestions that seem to fit when they don't know the whole story. This is why I have asked to just have this thread deleted. It's making me extremely upset since some of you are so quick to say just get a wheelchair.

Not all physical pain is best resolved with a wheelchair, ecv, rollator. Those are the only things repeated here for people with sometimes varying needs. Usually with a "you don't like it, too bad, call your representative" thrown in.

Like the OP I should step away from the unhelpful replies here.
Right when my husband had issues he alternated between pushing the stroller (acting as a walker), an ecv and walking with a cane. He also took extra pain medication, spent time in the hot tub every day and we spent $$$ on several massages during the week. All things that we arranged and provided, not Disney. It was the same at Hershey park.

then do not get a wheel chair go to disney and go in to guess relation and tell them your disability they will ask you why you can not be in a que and be prepared for there response to you and no I will not say it again, but you need to think of why said response will not work for you but I can tell you form all the time ( and I do spend a lot of time in GS) that this is the accommodation they will give you. people here are just telling you what is the most likely to happen that why you can plane around it or at lest be prepared when you are there. Do I pretend to know what you are going though no just like i am sure you have no clue what it is like to have my disabilities nor would I every think you would understand or want you to have to understand. People here are trying to help you and since it is not what you want ( a DAS card) you are getting very upset.

Using a wheelchair and pushing a 21 month old in a stroller is virtually impossible. Once again, people making suggestions that seem to fit when they don't know the whole story. This is why I have asked to just have this thread deleted. It's making me extremely upset since some of you are so quick to say just get a wheelchair.
But you said you had a husband coming. So he can push. Also yoI don't have to stay in the wheelchair/ecv the whole time. You can park it and walk and then come back to it. People do it every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter