Please critique my Dining schedule.

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

I feel like I may have gone a little overboard with my dining plans. I guess I booked a lot because I never know when I will get to go back to WDW, so I didn't want to miss anything that I really wanted to try. Please let me know if this is too much, or if I have chosen horrible places to eat. I am with my DH and 3yo DD so if any of these restaurants you think would be horrible with a 3yo please let me know. Also, if there is a restaurant that I just must try that I forgot please let me know too.

(Oh, I am not on the dining plan) Any meals that I don't mention it is because I am not making plans for that meal, and will just get something that is around that sounds good, probably cs. I tried to make most of my ADR's in the beginning of our trip that way in case we want a day off or want to visit another park than planned we don't need to worry about any ADR's. Thanks in advance.

Here it goes:

2/23- French Quarter for breakfast, CS. (We are staying at POR, so we will just walk over) Wolfgang puck express for lunch at Downtown Disney, and O'hana's for dinner. (Ohana's is a must as we are celebrating our anniversary and this is where we had dinner the night of our wedding)

2/24-1900 Park Faire for breakfast. Leaving for Disney Cruise today.

2/27-Return from Cruise and eat at T-Rex cafe for lunch or dinner.

2/28-Chef Mickey's for Breakfast before heading to Magic Kingdom. Taking DD to Bibbity Bobbity Boutique right before dinner reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table.

3/1-No Reservations. Will be at Animal Kingdom on this day.

3/2-Epcot- Lunch at Akershus for lunch and Les Chefs de France for dinner.

3/3-Hollywood Studios-Lunch at Primetime cafe, and dinner at Sci-fi drive in.

3/4-Day off from parks. No reservations. (maybe go to Planet Hollywood since I have a voucher.)

3/5-Magic Kingdom-no reservations

3/6-Hollywood Studios-no reservations

3/7-Epcot- Lunch at Marakesh and dinner at Biergarten.

3/8-Animal Kingdom-no reservations.

Any suggestions??

On 2/23 Why are you planning to go to POFQ for breakfast? POR has the same stuff, why walk over to FQ? The beignets are the only different item, and they're disgusting.

On 3/1, I would suggest trying Yak and Yeti in AK. It's very good!

For 3/5 in MK, I would try to get in to The Crystal Palace. It's a fun meal with Winnie the Pooh.

I agree that it would be a little silly to go over to French Quarter when you are getting the same food at POR. I've stayed at both resorts in the past and it won't be worth your time and effort to do that. Otherwise I think your ADR's look great! It doesn't look like you have overbooked either, there's lots of room for flexibility. Having said that, I'm not a fan of Marakesh or Biergarten but that's just my personal preference.

Thanks for the replies. I am glad you told me the breakfasts are the same at FQ and POR. I thought I heard they were different and FQ was better, so that is why I was planning on walking over. I will stay at POR for breakfast now.

Yak and Yeti? Is that TS or CS? I will remember that when we are at Animal Kingdom.

I had heard good things about Crystal Palace as well, so I will keep that in mind.

Thanks so much!

I noticed that you didn't have anything planned the day you go to AK. We like catching a bus to WL and eating at Boma. The food is great and it's a short trip since you're already at AK.

We always grab food at the Flame Tree BBQ at AK. Early lunch and I always run and fastpass the river ride. while Dis Fam waits for food...

Yak and Yeti at AK is CS AND TS. They have both options. I also agree with Mouse's Shadow about one of your AK days going over to AKL and eating at Boma. It's really a unique place. Not for everyone but it's one I think everyone should try at least once to experience it. Everything is very sweet but sometimes leaves a spicy after taste.

3/2-Epcot- Lunch at Akershus for lunch and Les Chefs de France for dinner.

---This is a FANTASTIC day! Those are two of my favorite resturants!

3/5-Magic Kingdom-no reservations

---Look into Ohama's at the Poly. It's on the monorail line from MK and I hear fantastic things about it. We are going on our next trip. For CS, Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland has likely the best selection of any CS on the entire property.

3/6-Hollywood Studios-no reservations

---Good luck. The food at Studios is likely the worst of all four parks. I personally don't have an issue with the Commissary, but I seem to be the only person on the planet that is okay with it.

3/7-Epcot- Lunch at Marakesh and dinner at Biergarten.

---RUN FAR FAR AWAY FROM BIERGATEN! DON'T LOOK BACK! RUN! Honestly, possibly one of the worst meals I ever had down there. If you like Germany food... like REALLY like it, then you are fine. I personally am not a fan. I only went as a deal with my mother (she'd go with me to Normay if I went with her to Germany) and we both ended up hating her pick. Everything was very salty. Also, when the show is going on it gets VERY loud. We had two little girls about 3 and 5 at our table and the noise bothered them so much they kept their hands over their ears, refusing to eat, until it was over.

You have alot scheduled for 2/28. I might do one of those on your 3/5 MK day if you could change it. I know they are both hard to get so it might be too difficult to change.

I am not a fan of Biergarten either, been twice, it is VERY loud and you are seated with other people in case you didn't know that.

Mama Melrose is another option for DHS. We really like Sci-fi and 50's. Brown Derby is very expensive and I wouldn't think very child friendly.

The only place we have eaten at AK (it is our least favorite park) is Rainforest Cafe it was kinda like a Hard Rock Cafe to us. I think T-Rex is the same.

The only place we have eaten at AK (it is our least favorite park) is Rainforest Cafe it was kinda like a Hard Rock Cafe to us. I think T-Rex is the same.

T-Rex and Rainforest are pretty much the same place but with different themeing. One has a rainstorm every 12 minutes the other has a meteor shower every 12 minutes. The food isn't really much different.

Amber, I believe they are already going to O'Hana's (not Ohama) on their first night. :)

Totally missed that with all that stuff early in the schedule. In which case, I know it's CS, but the CS at Contemporay had some really good food when my friend and I ate there. There was this sandwich that was like fish was slaw on it. Didn't think it would be that good but really was an interesting thing to have. That's on the monorail line as well.

What times are you planning on eating ? Im guessing your 3 year old will want to go to bed quite early so will you really appreciate an early dinner after you've had a big lunch ? 1TS a day was plenty for us but if you want to do 2 I would think breakfast and dinner would be better,.

Personally I would rearrange your schedule. You are going on a cruise at the beginning of the week and everyone knows on a cruise you will eat a ton - the food is always amazing and there is a ton of it. After I do a cruise I am done eating big meals for a few days. I would put some of the "no reservation" days after the cruise.

I also personally think breakfast reservations are a waste. Early mornings are the best time to tour and hit rides with little to no lines. With a 3 year old I would totally take advantage fo morhign EMH's and cut out breakfast meals.

I like eating at Germany and so do my kids - they love to dance.

I think one sit dwn meal a day is better than multiples on days. With kids (I have 3 young ones) we enjoy morning park tourning, back for a nap, and a dinner sit down meal.

I am a newbie but I think I may have discovered a trick to eating good when at hollywood studios! I booked a dinner on the boardwalk (a short walk from hollywood studios on a lighted walkway or accessible by boat), there are a couple good restaurants there. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter