• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Critique My Dining Choices

ella's_mommy

Earning My Ears
We will be there for 10 nights, 8 on the dining plan with another family and then 3 oop with just our family. I get to plan this, which I love, but took input from everyone.

Crystal Palace- lunch or dinner
O'Hana- dinner
Boma- dinner
Cape May- dinner
Sci-Fi- lunch
Askershus- lunch or dinner
Garden Grill- dinner

CRT- dinner, oop
T-Rex- dinner, oop

CRT is oop because we are going when we won't have the dining plan. I still have 1 table service but haven't decided yet.

I think your choices look good. I would try to book your 'Ohana dinner first, since it will be the hardest one to get. Also, have a couple of backups on hand just in case. The rest should be pretty straightforward.

You've got all your TS buffets as dinners- what about doing a character breakfast? 'Ohana breakfast is awesome. We love Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh & Friends and it's a must-do on every trip. Since you're planning to pay OOP to eat with Cindy in the Castle, you might save some $$ by doing breakfast instead. Just a thought.

We haev done all of these so I will give you my opinion on each...

We will be there for 10 nights, 8 on the dining plan with another family and then 3 oop with just our family. I get to plan this, which I love, but took input from everyone.

Crystal Palace- lunch or dinner The character interaction here is great. Our kids always enjoy it. The food is ok. Nothing great but definitely worth going. Lunch & dinner menus are pretty much the same so pick which works best with your schedule
O'Hana- dinner We LOVE this one. We go every trip. The food is really good. I love the chicken wings & potstickers that come out first. Just make sure to save room for the bread pudding. I never cared much for it until I tried it at Ohana. Yummy!
Boma- dinner This is another one of my faves. I love the soup selection on this buffett. Plus they have alot of items that you won't get on the traditional buffetts.
Cape May- dinner We think this spot is fairly good. Not one of our 1st choices but definetly worth trying.
Sci-Fi- lunch Great atmosphere. Food is just ok. One plus is that you can order a milkshake for your beverage.
Askershus- lunch or dinner We've done dinner hereand the food is OK. But if you have any princesses in your group then this is a must. For only 1 TS credit you get your free picture with Belle and then get to see the others in the dining room. The Princesses rotate but we have seen Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Jasmine, and Ariel
Garden Grill- dinner Love this place. Food is good and you get to see Chip & Dale ;)

CRT- dinner, oop We have only done lunch here. The food was pretty good but it cost so much that we will probably never do it again. Keep in mind that there are no princesses in the dining room for dinner
T-Rex- dinner, oop We did this one on our last trip and thought it was fun. I just got the Nachos (which were huge) and they were very good. The atmosphere was fun. The kids loved it.

CRT is oop because we are going when we won't have the dining plan. I still have 1 table service but haven't decided yet.

CRT does have princesses for dinner now but if your already going to Akershus I wouldn't do CRT. I would go to 1900PF and get a little different thing with the stepsisters and Cindy. :confused3 I would also throw a good breakfast in there...Ohana's or Crystal Palace? Just a thought. I go back and forth all the time about what I should be doing.:scared1:

[/color]
we will be there for 10 nights, 8 on the dining plan with another family and then 3 oop with just our family. I get to plan this, which i love, but took input from everyone.

Crystal palace- lunch or dinner love breakfast here - our favorite, never done lunch, dinner was just ok, we will stick to breakfast only
o'hana- dinner a favorite of ours, love the polynesian theming, very good food!
boma- dinner we didn't really care for it - too many flavors of africa type foods for us, will not do again, however we love breakfast here
cape may- dinner never been for dinner
sci-fi- lunch very fun atmosphere, good sandwiches, a favorite of ours
askershus- lunch or dinner never been, only done breakfast here
garden grill- dinner probably one of our least favorite places ever - bland food, didn't care for atmosphere, characters were highlight, probably will never return

crt- dinner, oop just had dinner here for the 1st time a week ago - we had always done breakfast in the past, the dinner was very good - tenderloin was fantastic, good character interaction & of course awesome atmosphere eating in the castle
t-rex- dinner, oop very fun atmosphere, kind of pricey for sandwiches & such, chocolate extinction dessert is awesome

crt is oop because we are going when we won't have the dining plan. I still have 1 table service but haven't decided yet.

Thanks for everyones comments and suggestions! We ate at the Crystal Palace last time and loved it. The reason no breakfasts are planned is because we are definitely not morning people and grabbing something quick seems to be a better plan for us to get to the parks nice and early. May add one breakfast though, Tusker House looks fun.

Askershus- lunch or dinner.....they have weird food. My kids hated it and so did my DH. We now only go at Breakfast. Their breakfast food is much better.

For the life of me I don't get the appeal to Ohana. I thought the food was horrible! By far our worst meal of the week.

Crystal Palace- lunch or dinner
O'Hana- dinner
Boma- dinner
Cape May- dinner
Sci-Fi- lunch
Askershus- lunch or dinner
Garden Grill- dinner

CRT- dinner, oop
T-Rex- dinner, oop

Looks good but have you considered Le Celier maybe? a personal favorite of mine is the Habachi meal at Teppan Edo. Those are my personal favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter