Please critique my Animal Kingdom schedule :)

penguin29

Mouseketeer
Please feel free to make suggestions, I could use the help!

9:30 AM Tusker House

11-12 FAST PASS for kilimanjaro safaris

Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail

Festival of Lion King

Lunch at Flame Tree

Maharajah Jungle Trek

Finding Nemo

2:30 FAST PASS Kali River Rapids

Flights of Wonder

Triceratops Spin

Fossil Fun games

Boneyard

Many have said that K-Safari is better when ridden as early as possible as the wildlife is more "active" in cooler temps. Can't vouch for this though.

Also FWIW, I don't see Dinosaur on your list.

Thanks for your help!

We do not meet the height requirement for Dinosaur. Ages 4 and 7 and the 4 year old will JUST make 40 inches.

Thanks for your help!

We do not meet the height requirement for Dinosaur. Ages 4 and 7 and the 4 year old will JUST make 40 inches.

Oh OK. I hadn't thought of that.

We took our then 6yo daughter to AK 2 years ago and she loved It's Tough To Be a Bug. Also Tusker House is a great choice IMHO!

>>edit to add<<
Just peaked at DW website and Dinosaur is 40" or taller so 4yo might be good. Although I've seen some younger kids get frightened on it.

Dinosaur is down for refurbishment through the Fall, but I'm not sure when you are going. Also, if you get to the park a little earlier before your Tusker House reservation some characters will be out front to take pictures (not sure if they still come out or not but still worth a try since you have to be there anyway).

Tough To Be a Bug is also a fun show for the whole family if it's not down for refurbishment.

Will you be staying after dark? Tree of Life Awakenings is a must-see, from what I hear.

Expedition Everest with the 7-year old?

Please feel free to make suggestions, I could use the help!

9:30 AM Tusker House

11-12 FAST PASS for kilimanjaro safaris

Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail

Just curious, anyone know when (and why) the name changed from Pangani Forest?

Anyway, so far, so good, although for the rest of your day it is very important that you make it to the 1:00 FoLK show, so watch your time. You only mention two FP, do you have one more?

Festival of Lion King

Lunch at Flame Tree

Maharajah Jungle Trek

Finding Nemo

2:30 FAST PASS Kali River Rapids

so 1:00 - FoLK

1:45 - Lunch

2:30 - Kali

3:00 - Maharajah Jungle Trek

There is no 3:00 show, so 4:00 - Finding Nemo

Flights of Wonder

Triceratops Spin

Fossil Fun games

Boneyard

The problem is that by the time you are out of Nemo, it's 4:45. The final Flights of Wonder Show is 3:30. The only way to see that show is if you go at 2:30, then do your Kali FP after, followed by Maharajah (better yet, do that after the show) before the 4:00 Nemo.

If that's confusing, here is my recommendation for your day:

9:30 - Tusker House
11:00 - Kilimanjaro Safari
11:45 - Gorilla Falls Trail
12:40 - Enter queue for FoLK (or get FP)
1:45 - Lunch at Flame Tree
2:30 - Flights of Wonder
3:00 - Kali FP
3:40 - Head to Nemo queue

Then Triceratops Spin, Boneyard, Fossil Fun games, and Maharajah Jungle Trek

Wow, thank you so much, this was very helpful. We do have three FP total, so it sounds like I should use the third on FOLK.

I am totally going by your suggested schedule, we would have had a disaster of a day going by mine!

Thanks again - I will soon be posting my schedules for the other parks, I hope you are around to fix those for me!

Wow, thank you so much, this was very helpful. We do have three FP total, so it sounds like I should use the third on FOLK.

I am totally going by your suggested schedule, we would have had a disaster of a day going by mine!

Thanks again - I will soon be posting my schedules for the other parks, I hope you are around to fix those for me!

No problem! I LOVE that you want to see all three shows. The two musicals are by far the best shows in all the parks, and Flights of Wonder is a hidden gem. With limited show times, the rest of your day kind of has to revolve around them. I love Animal Kingdom, hope you have a wonderful time!

actually, this is what I have so far for EPCOT ...

(what time should I arrive at in order to do the first 3 before TT FP? We are doing rope drop at MK and at HS, so I'm hoping to avoid really early mornings with EPCOT and AK. Not hoping to start too late, but maybe we can skip the rope drop arrival time?)

Test Track

Innovations

Nemo

10:30-11:30 FAST PASS Turtle Talk

lunch at Sunshine Seasons

Living with the Land

1-2:00 FAST PASS Spaceship Earth

Grand Fiesta

2-3:00 FAST PASS Frozen Ever after

4:00 Reservations at at Teppan Edo

Figment

Will you be staying after dark? Tree of Life Awakenings is a must-see, from what I hear.

Expedition Everest with the 7-year old?

He's a bit of a cautious 7 year old, so I don't think so as far as Expedition Everest goes! We probably won't stay until dark, but we have PH, so maybe we could come back at night after a dinner reservation another night (for Tree of Life).

Thank you for your help!

actually, this is what I have so far for EPCOT ...

(what time should I arrive at in order to do the first 3 before TT FP? We are doing rope drop at MK and at HS, so I'm hoping to avoid really early mornings with EPCOT and AK. Not hoping to start too late, but maybe we can skip the rope drop arrival time?)

Test Track

Innovations

Nemo

10:30-11:30 FAST PASS Turtle Talk

lunch at Sunshine Seasons

Living with the Land

1-2:00 FAST PASS Spaceship Earth

Grand Fiesta

2-3:00 FAST PASS Frozen Ever after

4:00 Reservations at at Teppan Edo

Figment

I hate to tell you, but if you really want to ride Test Track first, and don't have the appropriate ages to do single rider there (or just don't want to), rope drop, or close to it, is your best bet. At least nowadays a huge part of the rope drop crowd heads to Frozen, so you have more "give" there than you would have before Frozen opened.

There isn't much left in Innoventions, so unless there is something that fascinates your family, that shouldn't take long. Turtle Talk does not need a FP at all, but I understand that Tier 2 FP are kind of throwaways, and there really isn't anything else that needs it any more. Cute show, though, well worth doing.

Sunshine Seasons -- great choice, my favorite! Something for everyone.

You may well be able to squeeze a Soarin' ride in there, too. With the third concourse and Frozen pulling a lot of the crowd, the waits have been way down compared to the past. It's my favorite ride, hope you can get on it!

The afternoon looks good, great job snagging a Frozen FP! I also really enjoy Teppan Edo.

So other than recommending an early arrival for Test Track, your plan looks great to me!

I hate to tell you, but if you really want to ride Test Track first, and don't have the appropriate ages to do single rider there (or just don't want to), rope drop, or close to it, is your best bet. At least nowadays a huge part of the rope drop crowd heads to Frozen, so you have more "give" there than you would have before Frozen opened.

There isn't much left in Innoventions, so unless there is something that fascinates your family, that shouldn't take long. Turtle Talk does not need a FP at all, but I understand that Tier 2 FP are kind of throwaways, and there really isn't anything else that needs it any more. Cute show, though, well worth doing.

Sunshine Seasons -- great choice, my favorite! Something for everyone.

You may well be able to squeeze a Soarin' ride in there, too. With the third concourse and Frozen pulling a lot of the crowd, the waits have been way down compared to the past. It's my favorite ride, hope you can get on it!

The afternoon looks good, great job snagging a Frozen FP! I also really enjoy Teppan Edo.

So other than recommending an early arrival for Test Track, your plan looks great to me!

I should have mentioned in my original AK post that I don't actually have any of the FP yet! I am about a week away from my 60 day window, so that is why I am trying to nail down the daily schedule! I want to book my FP for the best times within our schedule, so I hope that doesn't change anything to drastically. Would you move around any of the FP times for either EPCOT or AK? The only reservations in stone are the Tusker House at 9:30 on AK day, and then Teppan at 4:00 on EPCOT day. Thanks again! You are so helpful!

I should have mentioned in my original AK post that I don't actually have any of the FP yet! I am about a week away from my 60 day window, so that is why I am trying to nail down the daily schedule! I want to book my FP for the best times within our schedule, so I hope that doesn't change anything to drastically. Would you move around any of the FP times for either EPCOT or AK? The only reservations in stone are the Tusker House at 9:30 on AK day, and then Teppan at 4:00 on EPCOT day. Thanks again! You are so helpful!

Ah, that does complicate things. FP at AK is generally quite easy. Even if the times you want don't pop up at first, you can modify them to get them where you want.

Epcot is another story. Frozen is VERY difficult to get, even at 60 days, so if you can get it, you might have to get it at whatever time is offered. Be sure to do that FIRST! Then you can adjust your schedule around it.

These are all of the things we would like to do at Hollywood Studios - before I spend the next three days studying the map and what not, do you have a suggested schedule ? :) I can make a rough draft and go from there if that is easier. I told my husband all about "Sue" on disboards and how she saved the day (or the whole vacation).

The priorities are the Star Wars attractions (shocking, I know)

Jedi Training (sign up at rope drop?)
Star Wars Launch Bay
Muppet Vision 3D
Frozen Sing Along
Pixar Place
Beauty and the Beast
Disney Junior Live
Little Mermaid
Toy Story (will be trying for FP)
Lights Motors Action
Star Tours (will be trying for FP)
Indiana Jones
Great Movie Ride

So, the very first questions I have are: Where should I use my third fast pass? This day might end up being too much for us, especially with getting there at rope drop for Jedi training - if we had to drop a few things, what would you drop first?

Thanks Sue!

...I told my husband all about "Sue" on disboards and how she saved the day (or the whole vacation).

Aw, shucks...;)

I am a tour director for high school bands and choirs. My favorite part of the job is giving advice to the kids and parents that help to make their trips special!

As @suswa wrote, Lights, Motor, Action was a victim of progress, closing when they started working on Star Wars land.

Since you are not going for a couple months, it's hard to make exact plans with show times. Some of them are pretty consistent, but check MDE close to your visit to confirm. The shows with the most limited times are Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast, so make sure you know the times for those so you don't miss them.

It's also the smallest park, so although it is never ideal to backtrack a lot, it's not as vital that you avoid that here as at the other parks. Showtimes can cause you to have to put in a few extra steps during the day.

Rope drop is an absolute must for signing up for Jedi Training. I advise arriving about 30 minutes before opening. The child must be with the parent (while the other parent makes a Starbucks stop at the Trolley Car Cafe!), to answer a couple questions. They will offer you the next available show, but if you want something later in the day than that, you can request it.

For FP, great choices in Toy Story Midway Mania and Star Tours. Toy Story can be difficult to get day of, or sometimes even 30 days out, but you should be fine 60 days out. For the third, maybe Indiana Jones. It's a huge theater, but sometimes it can fill. You don't have any interest in Tower of Terror? That's usually my third.

Yay for being Star Wars fans! After you sign up for Jedi, head right to Launch Bay. It's so much fun! Watch the intro movie, it's very cool and a great way to get into "Star Wars mode". Hah. Bring some trinkets to trade with the Jawas, and do both the Chewbacca and Kylo Ren meet and greets. They've done a great job with Launch Bay! Watch for the Stormtroopers in the courtyard, they are fantastic. Don't miss the March of the First Order or Galaxy Far, Far Away shows if they are being offered. There is also another short Star Wars movie - Path of the Jedi, I think it's called - showing now in a little theater to the right of the restrooms across from Star Tours.

After Launch Bay, Disney Junior is right there, as is Little Mermaid. By the time you do all that, you might want some lunch. I'm not crazy about the QS offerings at DHS, but Backlot Express has some Star Wars -themed items (and two self-serve drink stations, which are great for refills!).

Frozen Sing-along is a guilty pleasure of mine, so funny and so much fun to watch the little girls react to the show. It's also a nice A/C, off your feet break. There are plenty of show times, and it's a huge theater, so you usually only have to arrive 10-15 minutes before showtime. You might even be able to fit this in before lunch.

When you know your Toy Story FP time, you can plan when to do that, Pixar Place (mostly meeting Buzz and Woody), and Muppetvision.

I guess I'm saying it's tough to come up with an order of attractions until you know your FP times and your Jedi Training time, but it's not a deal-breaker for DHS.

I think you can definitely do everything on your list, without feeling as if it was a death march! If you decide you can handle a night time show, it is a tough call between Fanatasmic and the Star Wars fireworks. Both are great shows, but you can't do both the way the timing is. As Star Wars fans, I'd choose that, especially since Fantasmic requires a substantial time investment as well as a LONG walk into and out of the amphitheater.

You'll have a great trip!

ok, great, now I am done with HS! haha, time to move on to our three days at MK!

Thanks Sue!

Is it normal that when I log on to the Disney website to check out the FP booking that it says I don't have tickets? We are still a week out from being able to book 60 days, but I was hoping to "practice" like I did with Dining reservations. Maybe it won't recognize that we can book FP until the actual 60 days comes around?

ok, great, now I am done with HS! haha, time to move on to our three days at MK!

Thanks Sue!

Is it normal that when I log on to the Disney website to check out the FP booking that it says I don't have tickets? We are still a week out from being able to book 60 days, but I was hoping to "practice" like I did with Dining reservations. Maybe it won't recognize that we can book FP until the actual 60 days comes around?

Yes system will not update until right on the dot. Should be fine though :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter