Please critique ADR's so far....

roxysmum123

DIS Veteran
Hi all

Here's what I've got so far. There will be 3 adults, an 11yearold and an 8yearold. All of us except for the 8yearold are pretty big "foodies" so good food is a major part of the trip for us. We will be there for 9 days more or less with park hoppers, so have plenty of time to explore the parks and are not too worried about taking an hour or two out of the day to sit down for a good meal. Here's what I have so far, with some additional notes in color:

Saturday – (Flight gets it at noon) Dinner Coral Reef My friend really wants to do this one for the atmosphere. I've been here before and actually had a very good experience so I'm not too worried.
Sunday – Breakfast Crystal Palace
Monday – Dinner Fultons Crab House (my friend and her husband), Dinner 50’s Prime Time (myself and 2 kids… yikes!)
Tuesday – Dinner Yak and Yeti Slightly concerned about this one. My friend is very allergic to maple (weird, I know), and I know a lot of the sauces here contain it. Is it worth the risk, or should we do something like Boma instead?
Wednesday – Breakfast 1900 Park Fare
Thursday – Lunch Chefs De France Again, my friends choice. Her 8yearold is in french immersion school and she really wants her to try out her French and hopefully get a bit of a confidence boost in being able to read the menu., Dinner Teppan Edo
Friday –Dinner Tutto Italia
Saturday – Dinner Artist Point
Sunday- (Flight departs at 5:30 PM) Add a breakfast or a lunch here?

Keep? Change? Swap?

Based on comments from another thread where I asked for some opinions, I'd like to try The Wave, Raglan Road, and Restaurant Marrakesh. Would you add these anywhere? Swap any of my current ADR's for any of these?

All sound wonderful to me! Except for maybe the Yak and Yetti, I liked it but wasn't as great as I expected. Definitely not great Asian food, not even as good as some of the take out Chinese places at home. Boma is much better! Do Boma! With that said the desert fried wantons were wonderful at the Y&Y, I would go back just for that!
"Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle."
Fried-Wontons-Dessert.jpg

And have you considered the SciFi Dine-In opposed to the Prime Time at the Studios? the 50 PT is good too but the kids may enjoy sitting in the cars and the movie screen... I think it's the most fun dinning experience in Disney.

IMO that's a lot of time at meals, but you said you don't think you will mind...

Saturday – Never been...
Sunday – Great location, generic buffet, the characters are fun! Keep!
Monday – 50's is fun! Keep! Never been to Fulton's...
Tuesday – Switch to Boma! The AKL is beautiful to explore and I think the food at Boma is much better.
Wednesday – Similar to Crystal Palace... The kids will like it, so keep!
Thursday – KEEP! I love Chefs!, Never been to Teppan Edo...
Friday –Yum... Keep!
Saturday – Never been to Artist Point...
Sunday- (Flight departs at 5:30 PM) Lunch might be cutting it close unless you got an early one.. Where are you staying? Are you going to a park this day?

Chinese places at home. Boma is much better! Do Boma! With that said the desert fried wantons were wonderful at the Y&Y, I would go back just for that!

And have you considered the SciFi Dine-In opposed to the Prime Time at the Studios? the 50 PT is good too but the kids may enjoy sitting in the cars and the movie screen... I think it's the most fun dinning experience in Disney.

I've been to YandY before and agree it's nothing out of this world, but those wonton desserts ARE fantastic which is kinda why I'd go back, lol. But Boma DOES have zebra domes.... ugh which wins out?!?!

Also, I asked the girls which of the two they'd like to do and they're hellbent on getting the pb and j milkshakes at the 50s prime time... do they do them at the sci fi?

IMO that's a lot of time at meals, but you said you don't think you will mind...

Sunday- (Flight departs at 5:30 PM) Lunch might be cutting it close unless you got an early one.. Where are you staying? Are you going to a park this day?

Yea I know it looks like a lot of time filling our guts, but I think it'll help break up the day. I've done Disney numerous times before and haven't found it an issue, but if we get 2 days in and it's too much I'll just cancel a few last minute. Not too concerned though, these kids can eat! lol

Boma got 2 votes, so I'm thinking I may have to switch. And you're right, lunch might be cutting it close our last day there, especially factoring in ME pickup times. Maybe we'll just plan on doing a park for the morning and counter service for the meals?

Thanks to both of you for your advice!

Boma got 2 votes, so I'm thinking I may have to switch. And you're right, lunch might be cutting it close our last day there, especially factoring in ME pickup times. Maybe we'll just plan on doing a park for the morning and counter service for the meals?

There are a lot good counter service locations depending on which park you go to.

I am currently in love with the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow in MK.

I've been to YandY before and agree it's nothing out of this world, but those wonton desserts ARE fantastic which is kinda why I'd go back, lol. But Boma DOES have zebra domes.... ugh which wins out?!?!

Also, I asked the girls which of the two they'd like to do and they're hellbent on getting the pb and j milkshakes at the 50s prime time... do they do them at the sci fi?

Yea I know it looks like a lot of time filling our guts, but I think it'll help break up the day. I've done Disney numerous times before and haven't found it an issue, but if we get 2 days in and it's too much I'll just cancel a few last minute. Not too concerned though, these kids can eat! lol

Oh yeah the deserts at Boma are INCREDIBLE!!!

I've never heard anyone say that doing one TS meal per night is spendig too much time eating... :confused3 That's the dining plan and it really is good to sit and rest for an hour or two, especially with kids. With my daughter we went back to the resort to rest mid-day even.

Saturday – Never been...
Sunday – Great location, generic buffet, the characters are fun! Keep!
Monday – 50's is fun! Keep! Never been to Fulton's...
Tuesday – Switch to Boma! The AKL is beautiful to explore and I think the food at Boma is much better.
Wednesday – Similar to Crystal Palace... The kids will like it, so keep!
Thursday – KEEP! I love Chefs!, Never been to Teppan Edo...
Friday –Yum... Keep!
Saturday – Never been to Artist Point...

I've never done 1900 PF for breakfast or Crystal palace, how is the character interaction at both?

I've never done 1900 PF for breakfast or Crystal palace, how is the character interaction at both?

Yak and yeti is our favorite. Crystal palace is much better than 1900 fare. When you ask for opinions on restaurants your going to get so many varying opinions on the same restaurant. Good luck

On the last day you could try Boma for Breakfast. Liked it much better for breakfast than dinner. Also, there is O'Hana for dinner. Really too much food to eat, and loved it.:love:

I would pick Via Napoli over Tutto any day of the week.

Most Disney restaurants are willing to work with the diners when it comes to food allergies so I would call Y&Y to see if they can come up with something for your friend. I loved this place so much that DH and I ate there twice on our summer trip.

Les Chefs de France is really nice for lunch. It's a lot less hectic at that time of day than it is during the dinner rush, even during the peak of lunch hours (at least, based on my experience). Your kids will probably get a kick out of Teppan Edo, my sister and I always liked watching the chef's tricks when we were younger.

I might steer your friend away from Fulton's, our last experience there was absolutely abysmal. Lousy service, lousy food. There aren't many places we "blacklist", but Fulton's is one of them. Never again.

Personally, I'd suggest Boma over Yak and Yeti even if you friend wasn't allergic to maple. Boma is fantastic. The desserts alone...yum!

I can comment on two of them, as I've not been to the others.

Yak & Yeti - Must miss! This is a Landry's restaurant, and they have a reputation for low quality. With that in mind, Yak & Yeti is meeting their meager corporate standards. Don't bother unless you prefer something below bland.

Artists Point - I went there for my Christmas dinner a few years ago when staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I have to say it was a very nice place, quiet, everything well prepared. Not inexpensive. At the end, I wasn't blown away. It was all good (and not inexpensive), but it wasn't more than that. By no means is this a bad meal or poor service. It's just not great in either category. Good, not great.

Sounds like a lot of people are saying Boma is the better AK/AKL area choice, so I'll try to switch there. I've been to both Boma and Y&Y, but just couldn't choose between the two for this trip. Thanks for the advice!

I would agree on Boma. I would also keep Tutto Italia. We love it.

We have only been to Chefs for dinner (and we love it) but lunch I am sure is good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter