Please confirm: Tarzan Rocks to close?

sanilacjack

DIS Veteran
Can anyone confirm Tarzan Rocks will be closing the end of Jan.?

I can't remember where I read it (allears, dis,???) but is said TR will close the end of Jan.

If so, anyone have the date. I'm firming up our tour plans and need to know if we need to fit it in the first half of our trip.

Many thanks is advance.

-KIm

True... Tarzan Rocks will be closing this month. I have not heard a set date from Disney, but here on the dis the speculation was January 21 would be the last showing, again that is just from other DIS members, not Disney. There is nothing yet in any of our Cast info that has a set date, but... It will be closing and they will be making accomodations to the theater in order to better serve Expedition Everest. The new show from what I have heard (total rumorville here) is being produced by the same people that did "Avenue Q" and should be very cool... If I hear a set date I will definetly post it as I am sure others will as soon as something definative comes about.

I hope Disney learned their lesson when this attraction area first opened. I remember the show based on the Jungle Book being there and it was just plain a lousy show. When Tarzan Rocks came along it was such a hugh improvement over the previous show that it worries me as to how good the replacement for Tarzan Rocks will be. Short of the stomach upsetting rides there are not a lot of shows and mild rides like the safari ride to entertain adults thus I hope they put in an adult friendly show which can be enjoyed by those of us over 50 years old.

they keep changing their mind on this one, but a Finding Nemo show seems to be the popular rumour. I really enjoyed tarzan rocks and will be sad I didn't get to see it one more time..oh well,

Claire xx

Finding Nemo does offer a lot of possibilities but I hope they do more with it than just a show. Animal Kingdom isn't a very under water park yet though I hope someday there will be more. This might be a nice start to that.

I understand that Tarzan will only be on hiatus while the theatre is enclosed, with AC and heat, ala the LK theatre...
pirate:

Peter Pirate said:
I understand that Tarzan will only be on hiatus while the theatre is enclosed, with AC and heat, ala the LK theatre...
pirate:

No, the offical word is that The show will be closing and a new show will be introduced to the theater when it reopens...

Here is the rehab info from Disney: Theater in the Wild will be closed for refurbishment beginning Sunday, January 22, 2006 through Late 2006. The attraction, Tarzan Rocks!, will officially close after its final performance on January 21.

Don't know what to read into this but I found this on the operational updates for Animal Kingdom. Tarzan™ Rocks!: Closed for Refurbishment [January 22, 2006 to January 31, 2006.

I've seen postings on several boards that seem to confirm the closing and replacement. One said that the noise from the show would detract from the effects on Expedition Everest, and that they were using the opportunity to freshen up the show (i.e. replace), enclose the theater, and reduce the local noise. Adding AC is a great idea because the Animal Kingdom is so hot during the warmer months that we avoid the place when we visit in the summer. It's just too much. If they had a few more ways to jump into AC somewhere, then we would be more likely to visit more frequently. I loved the change to the Lion King show. Imagine the effects that they could do in an enclosed theater too. :cool1:

I also recall reading that Tarzan rocks was moving to Hong Kong Disney. Sets costumes etc. were going to move and that they were going to offer the cast the chance to relocate to Hong Kong if they were interested.

I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour last week and our guide said that the show was closing for good. He said some new show would be going in and hinted at the Nemo show.

the first time we saw Tarzan Rocks it was July and it was HOT!!!!! We were so hot. We got drinks from one of the people who were walking around selling drinks. I remember the kids not really wanting to sit and watch the show becasue they were hot. When it finally started they loved it but I remember our backs were all sweaty etc. The second time we went to see Tarzan Rocks was in December and it was unseasonably cold. We were FREEZING!! We bought hot chocolate and drank it.....Funny, hot and cold. We loved the show no matter if we were sweating or freezing and we will be sorry to see it go!!!

I will be sad to see it go too. We saw it for the first time in September, and all really loved it. Tarzan Rocks and the Bird show were the only two shows my 6 year old didn't complain through.

The Tarzan show is gone. The theatre is going to be torn down and a new enclosed one will be built in it's place. The Tarzan show and some of it's cast have gone to Hong Kong.

The great lead singer from Tarzan Rocks, (Blond tall guy) was the host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire this past weekend, at MGM. He did not make it to Hong Kong.

I thought Tarzan Rocks was one of the most entertaining shows and we were sorry to hear its run was over. In light of that we were happy to have had the chance to meet "Billy" the lead singer who is a delightful entertainer wherever Disney has him working!

Hopefully any new show will fit the theme of DinoLand closer than Tarzan Rocks!. However, I am not sure what it would be based on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter