Please confirm or deny a rumor I heard!!

PrincessDreams2

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are heading down in 43 days!!!

Someone told us that there will be no more outdoor drinking kiosks in Epcot. They said they slushie booth in France is gone already. Please say this isn't true!!!! I don't believe it!

Thanks!

If this was true there would be a huge thread about it. Maybe whomever you heard it from was mistaken because the food and wine festival booths are gone (as its not food and wine time)

I am so glad to hear this. I knew it couldn't be right. I did search and didn't find any threads so I just figured I would ask just to be sure. My dad heard it from a friend of his who was just there and claims the kiosk was gone.

Think maybe the person you are taking to went once during F&W, then went back another time and thought the FW booths were there every day?

Too much money to lose for Disney to shut down the outside drinking. Never. And someday, maybe not in my lifetime, it'll come to the Magic Kingdom too.

How much of a tragedy would it be for you if WDW were to remove those outdoor drinking kiosks?
If there were no outdoor drinking kiosks, where would I get my beer and/or wine?
From a local liquor store, and then you'd enter Epcot and enjoy the day there without drinking anything alcoholic, right?

From a local liquor store, and then you'd enter Epcot and enjoy the day there without drinking anything alcoholic, right?

You mean...pre game? :scratchin

Seriously, I'm not even much of a drinker, but it's really nice to be able to get a margarita and stroll around World Showcase. Although, as long as I could still get a drink "to go" from La Cava, and a grapefruit beer in Germany, they can remove the rest of them as far as I'm concerned. :cool2:

Sorry, that ear piercing scream you may of just heard was me after the reading the thread title and first post.

Should have known better anyway, since EPCOT really stands for Enjoying Premium Cocktails Outside Today.

I think, if true, that would be a lot of revenue they would be missing out on. Those drinks are not cheap!

Too much money to lose for Disney to shut down the outside drinking. Never. And someday, maybe not in my lifetime, it'll come to the Magic Kingdom too.

I think if they ever do expand alcohol sales to the MK they are likely to keep it confined to the restaurants as the path ways are prety crowded as its and adding anything more to them isn't exactly easy.

If this were true, people on the boards ( me included) would be in an uproar. I love my vodka slushies and the tri-color margaritas. Epcot just wouldn't be the same!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter