Please compare Pop & PO-FQ food courts please.

snowman

DIS Veteran
We are heading to the World again for Christmas, 2008 - I know, Christmas week is horrible, but that is another story.

However, I need to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly about the food courts at POP and PO-FQ. Carl wants POP, I want PO-FQ. What he really wants is a good and varied food court. So who wins?

Blechhh, If I had to eat one more thing at the POP food court last trip I would have gagged LOL It's good but we pretty much stuck with the American Fare and so Hamburgers, Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches and Chicken Strips got old LOL

Still, it's not bad....wished they still had the Peanut Butter and Fluff sandwiches though :( I really really wanted one of those for our first night there and they didn't have them.

We've been to both.
POP has more variety than POFQ in my opinion. POFQ's food court is much smaller but also cleaner. POP has frozen cokes if that's something you like.
More dessert choices at POP.
POFQ has beignets which we never tried but some DISers love them.

POFQ's is quieter and rarely full because the resort is much smaller. POP's food court can be a madhouse in the morning.

I may be in the minority, but I think POP has the best food court in all of WDW. There is a large variety of food there. We stayed there for a week in 2006 (around T-giving), I never had the same thing twice and ate there daily. Frozen cokes/refillable mug.......had to ration it for DS (too much of a good thing)......but he loved it.

It does get hectic around peak meal times, but we tended to eat early B-fast and late lunches (never ate dinner there as it was always TS). It worked just fine for us.

I have not been to the food court at POFQ so cannot compare for you. My 2nd favorite CS is Captain Cooks at POLY (liked the sandwiches and flat breads).

Been to both, and I agree with previous poster about POP's food court. The only one that I've never been to is at CS's, but otherwise I liked POP's the best. Good variety of food that goes beyond the traditional fast food fare, great desserts, and as someone mentioned they have the frozen coke machine which is nice. This is not the place to be if you want peace and quiet, however, unless you go at off meal times. I'd say POFQ is good enough for food and great for atmosphere, while POP gets the nod for variety of choices.
One more thing, when we stayed at POP, the cast members did the hustle one night while we were eating dinner. I couldn't tell you if they do that everyday, and at what time, though.

One more thing, when we stayed at POP, the cast members did the hustle one night while we were eating dinner. I couldn't tell you if they do that everyday, and at what time, though.

:lmao: Yes, forgot about the dancing. I think they do "The Hustle" at night & "The Twist" during Breakfast/Lunch. Can't remember exactly. The CM's were actually pretty enthusiastic about the performance too.

Unlike the employees at the Chuck E Cheese B-day party we suffered thru last night. The employees looked like someone behind the stage was training a gun on them to force them to dance (w/ a big ugly non-disney rat no less). They looked like Zombies in uniform and performed the worst "Rat-a-rena" dance that has ever been danced anywhere.....

I miss Disney now........ :sad1:

POP food court is great (for a food court that is:rotfl2: ). Try the shrimp lomein, steak and cheese wraps, Mama's Night Out dinner (we had fried chicken, green beans and mashed pots and it was excellent), great cinnamon rolls, Mickey waffles, chocolate chip pancakes. Hot dogs and hamburgs were fair like most food courts.

We also like the food court at Pop Century. They have a nice variety - DH loved the hummus and chips! The little bowls of fruit in the frig case is pretty good for a healthy snack, as well as the "side" salads! DD liked getting the "cereal in a bowl", and she'd get a banana to go with it! Perfect breakfast for the room!

Two years ago, we did a split stay with Pop Century and POFQ. Although the food court at POFQ was good, there was definitely more variety at Pop! POFQ does have the beignets, and while not the same as New Orleans beignets, they are pretty good too!!!!

I think both food courts are fine but have more experience with POP. We generally only stay here for a night (to save weekend DVC points) but we have always found something fairly decent...and cheap here.

I agree the POP is better. I only ate once at the POFQ; and many many times at the POP.

Thanks for the replies. Since he'll be 15 when we go again, lots of tasty food cheap seems to be more important to him than quiet & clean dining. (He's a Boy Scout - his dishes probably aren't too clean on most of his camping trips).

Thanks again I knew I could get a variety of inputs here.

I've eaten at both many times. We always drive, so we don't always eat where we are staying. I like POFQ best, because I love their cheesesteak sandwiches. Pop only has wraps now. And as mentioned, POFQ is quieter. It's also close to POR for variety, and a boat ride from DTD.
Lori

If you are planning lots of meals at the Food Court I think you do better at Pop. We really like the food at PO-FQ but there aren't as many choices. It's great for breakfast and 1 or 2 regular meals but anything beyond that it gets hard for us to find varied things we like. The Values have way more selection in the food courts though in theory at PO-FQ you could also walk to Riverside Mill at POR and have a whole new variety of CS meals.....we never seem to find the energy ;)

Yvonne

Yvonne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter