• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

please comment on my PS schedule

firecracker

never been tagged, but that's OK...I'm secure abou
Hi! Leaving in just over a month, fourth trip w/the kids (2 dd 8 and 7) and first trip with the grandparents. Please review our food choices and give suggestions as necessary. Note that the EMH days are with the current schedule, not the new nighttime one.

Sat. 6/5 arrival day, no park
OHana for dinner
Monorail tour after dinner

Sun 6/6 MK EMH
bfast in room
Crystal Palace lunch @ 11:30
Dinner somewhere at Epcot

Mon AK EMH
bfast in room
Typhoon Lagoon (lunch @ TL?)
50 PT Cafe @ MGM
Fantasmic

Tues
bfast w/CINDY! @ 9 am
picture and autograph day for the dd's at MK
Whispering Canyon @ 6pm
Wishes and Spectro @ MK

Weds EPCOT EMH
bfast in room
Le Cellier lunch @ 11:50
Trail's End Buffeteria for supper
MK and Wishes

Thurs MK EMH
bfast in room
lunch?
gpas and kids to Chef Mickey's
me and dh to PI (where to eat? Bongos?)

Fri, Our last day, MK dawn til close!
Crystal Palace lunch?

Sorry so long! What do you think?

Carmen

I think it looks pretty good, those are many of the same places I would choose to eat! :teeth: Sorry I don't have a suggestion for Pleasure Island, but how about Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch on your last day? No characters for lunch, but if you want something different since you're planning on Crystal Palace earlier in the week, it's just a suggestion. Have fun! :sunny:

I'm like you. I've got PSes all over the place. But we need to lighten up. I think I schedule away the magic sometimes, and so I will cancel if the flow is leading elsewhere.

In life I think the very best times are unplanned and usually brought on by an interruption or a whim.

I figure that if I no show :eek: :eek: :eek: someone else will have a "magic moment" getting in at the last minute.

The only thing that bothers me is one park for lunch and a different one for dinner. Do you usually do all this park hopping? Almost every day you are at 2 parks or water park. Are the grandparents up to this?

Hi Carmen~ I think your schedule looks pretty good! We usually do two parks in one day as well.... Park in the morning, afternoon relaxing at the pool, and then back to a different park.... If you're looking for a restaurant in Epcot, Teppenyaki is great, and also entertaining for the kids.... Spoodles is always good over at the Boardwalk too.... And of course, starting off your vacation with O'Hana is perfect!

Have a wonderful vacation! ::MinnieMo

I think your ps looks great. We are eating at many of those places on our May/June trip.

I think your schedule looks great. We are going in July and I have chosen a lot of the same places you did. My itinerary looks very similar to yours. Have a great trip!!:wave:

Pam

Looks like fun to me!

We love to park hop, too.

I agree that LTT would be a good choice for one of your MK lunches. We also really enjoy Plaza restaurant...not Plaza Pavillion...as well as CRT for lunch. But since you already have CRT for breakfast, it's probably good to mix it up.:D

Have fun. I bet you'll make some wonderful memories with the GPs.

I think it looks great. The only thing I would comment on is the whispering canyon. I dont know when wishes and spectro start that night. But even if you get seated right away, our server was umm. slow but efficient and if your kids want to do the pony races etc, plus the boat ride, I would just watch your times carefully for that and also have a plan where you want to sit and watch the parade and fireworks. Some people might have already staked out their spots long before you get back to the mk. Or at least the sidewalk front row seating.

I think your schedule looks super- we are a park hopping bunch as well. We pulled it off when we went as a group (3 grandparents, us and 2 DS's). Have fun!:Pinkbounc

Looks good! We'll be there the same time and are planning to do Typhoon Lagoon on Monday and Epcot Wednesday. Hopefully Disney will decide to stick with the old morning-only EMH while we're there. I can see that you've plannned heavily for that; we did also.

Mon AK EMH
bfast in room
50 PT Cafe @ MGM
Fantasmic

What about Tusker House for lunch? It is counter service and you can use the QC vouchers or buy a AK voucher. I got grilled salmon with rice and vegtables when we were there and it was great! And reasonable with the vouchers!:teeth:

Looks great to me. I do the same as many. One park in the AM with lunch, a break and another park in PM with dinner.

I have never eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's, but I have eaten at Crystal Palace and Plaza "Resturant". I would recommend the Plaza Resturant. We had club sandwiches and they were very good. They also have nice ice cream stuff. I'm not sure but I think they also have dinner type things, but we were having lunch so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Can't recommend anything at PI, but I can recommend Artist Point for a nice "adult" dinner, and then you could go over to PI. House of Blues was on our list for July, but didn't make the cut!!!:teeth:

Well, I'll be the Devil's advocate and ask about the hopping and all the MK stops. ;) With bigger crowds and the GP's in tow wouldn't it be easier to stay in one location instead of planning to hop? Mind you I do hop myself but assess on the fly, so to speak, if it's reasonable.

Anyway, here are my suggestions/comments:

Sun 6/6 MK EMH
bfast in room
Crystal Palace lunch @ 11:30
Dinner somewhere at Epcot
- If you don't hop I'd suggest the Trails End or Kona for dinner this night.

Mon AK EMH
bfast in room
50 PT Cafe @ MGM
Fantasmic
- You are or aren't going to AK? As mentioned, Tusker House is good if you do go. Otherwise fine, MGM with a TL break.

Tues
bfast w/CINDY! @ 9 am
picture and autograph day for the dd's at MK
Whispering Canyon @ 6pm
Wishes and Spectro @ MK

Weds EPCOT EMH
bfast in room
Le Cellier lunch @ 11:50
Trail's End Buffeteria for supper
MK and Wishes
- A suggestion to switch to a dinner at either Epcot or the BW/Y&B area and then see Illuminations. Wishes was already in your schedule.

Thurs MK EMH
bfast in room
lunch?
gpas and kids to Chef Mickey's
me and dh to PI (where to eat? Bongos?)
- What about either a half day at Epcot with lunch there or an AK day. AK closes early, giving you all time to get ready for dinner plans. AK has Pizzafari and Flame Tree BBQ for quick stops.

Fri, Our last day, MK dawn til close!
Crystal Palace lunch?
- As suggested before, what about LTT, Tony's or the Plaza instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter