• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Choose a Resort For Us

Which Resort Option is the Best

• Poly Lagoon View

• BWV Studio

• WL Villas Studio

• AKL Savannah View w/ bunk beds

• WL woods view w/ bunk beds

Results are only viewable after voting.
As much as I love Boardwalk, I have to say I would do AKL, no question. There is no other experience like it!

Okay - here are my thoughts.

First off, you have quite a price spread there. The rooms are not in the same ballpark cost-wise. For example, Poly is much more expensive than WL. Does this matter?

Second - how many kids? You say "ranging from 4 to 10" this seems like you'll have at least 3. If you have 3 kids, you need to do a Deluxe because of the day bed, and WL may not have that. In the studios you can only sleep 4. Are you getting 2 beds, or just you and 3 kids?

Third - when in Nov? Early, Mid, Late? Mid and Late you will see the Christmas decorations, and if you like Christmas decorations there is NO place like WL or VWL. Also, in late Nov, you can go to MVMCP - and then it will be helpful to be on the monorail or boat... again leaning towards WL.

So - based on the assumptions of mid-late Nov, and 2 kids, - I would say WL because of (1) lower cost; (2) Christmas Decorations; (3) ease of travel to MK for Christmas Party.

If any of these assumptions are incorrect, I would say it would be a very difficult decision between Poly, AKL and BWV. First - downside to BWV - if you have 3 kids, it won't work with a studio (unless you were solo w/3 kids.) Still, the pullout sofa really only is a DOUBLE, and it is much smaller than the footage that you would have at either Poly or BWV. I absolutely love staying at BW, but the studios are very small with 4 folks.

Between Poly and AKL, you need to ask yourself about cost - I would still expect there would be around a $75 difference per night, even with Savannah. If it doesn't matter, you would be crazy not to do Poly. Save AKL for next time when the 4 year old is older. All in all, the tropical feel is neater, the restaurants are better, the pool is better - and if you want to see the animals, you can always get a breakfast seating at BOMA (our fave b'fast place) and check out the giraffes (and if applicable the Christmas tree) then.

Regarding renting points - there is a Yahoo Group (email group) for folks who are interested in renting out DVC points. Search for it, check it out - you may be surprised at how many people would be interested. Join this group and post your inquiry there. Going rate is anywhere from $9 - $11/point and you can look at The Timeshare Store website to see the point charts for rentals. If you go DVC, you can probably get a studio in OKW (fabulously huge) or Saratoga (love Saratoga.) There is an outside chance you could get in AKV (Animal Kingdom Villas) because they are starting to take reservations for this in Fall 2007.

I won't vote right now because there are too many "contingencies" on my advice... anyway, hope any of this helped. :)

How many kids do you have...big factor. We have 4 (ages 6-10) and accomodations are always a special challenge when choosong a resort. 2 rooms at value/mod vs. deluxe accomodations that will accomodate all 6 of us!

Isay AKL b/c its located next to my favorite park AK also b/c nowhere else can you see animals grazing outside your back balcony, besides the rooms are really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter