• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please calm my fears about flight leaving Orlando!

caribbeandreaming

Mouseketeer
I'm starting to panic about our flight after the cruise. We leave at 12:30 out of Orlando. With the crazy security lines, I feel like we need to be there by 10:30. We have private transportation courtesy of my wonderful in-laws who live near PC. Has anyone with a flight this early ever not made it?

Last year we had a flight out of Orlando at 1:10 and used Happy Limo for transportation. We had plenty of time and could have left at 12:30.

Straight from disney's site "Latest Orlando International Airport Flight Arrival on Embarkation Day — 1:45 p.m.
Earliest Flight Departure from the Orlando International Airport on Debarkation Day — 11:30 a.m" you should be fine

You should have not problem with a 12:30 flight.

However, keep in mind........it depends on the vessel arriving on time, your car doesn't have a breakdown, no traffic problems, and security is not backed up!

True it rarely causes people to miss a flight, but it has.

We usually set a flight for the evening and spend the afternoon at WDW.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

AKK

Ok, thanks everyone! I didn't realize Disney even specified a time, so that makes me feel better that our flight is an hour past their earliest recommended time.

Now off to go find something else to worry about :rolleyes2

We had an 11:10 am flight this Feb.and were fine. I think we got to the gate around 10ish. Just make sure to leave early from the ship. I think we had private transportation pick us up at 8:30am. I have heard that people have been stuck in lines as the morning moves on since it gets crowded.

They want everyone off the ship by 9 or so.

Say 30 minutes to find your bags and clear customs (should be quicker than that)

Hour bus ride to MCO.

There by 10:30, twiddling your thumbs wishing you had an earlier flight.

I live in Orlando and fly out of MCO often. Honestly, they have gotten things down to a science there, and it rarely takes me more than 15-20 min to go through security. Even with kids. Even if you left an hour for that, you will be fine. In my opinion. :)

You should have absolutely no issues. We have been able to catch flights between 11:00 and 11:30 with a ton of time to spare. Once I'm off the ship, I just want to get home, so that is the timeframe we have always booked.

we used Disney transportation and so our bags got checked through... we had a 2:30pm flight and we ate breakfast in the dining room at 6:45am and then promptly with no line, got off the boat. Got right on the transfer and got to the airport and even tried to find an earlier flight... but we were ready by 9:30am. So... it should be FINE.

We were on the Dream March 14. We ate breakfast at our assigned time of 6:45 am, took our time and were in our car on the highway at 8:01am.
Like others have said, as long as there are no weather delays getting into Port Canaveral or traffic problems on the roads between PC and Orlando, you should be fine.
We have taken a 1:30pm flight from MCO after disembarking NCL at PC and were fine...and their disembarkation was much slower than DCL!

We just flew out of Orlando a couple weeks ago and although it seemed long lines it ran quite quickly for the amount of people involved. I agree with n8nally how smooth it goes. Immigration was much slower than the last year and the questions were more extensive IMO.

This should make you feel better: We have a 10:30 am flight home! We'll skip breakfast, carry our own luggage, and try to be first off the ship. We have private transportation taking us to the airport. I figure we'll be off the boat by 7:45, to the airport by 8:45 and make it in plenty of time for our flight. Saying my prayers that all goes as planned. This was the only direct flight home that day. Our other option was to wait until later in the afternoon and take a connecting flight.

caribbeandreaming said:
I'm starting to panic about our flight after the cruise. We leave at 12:30 out of Orlando. With the crazy security lines, I feel like we need to be there by 10:30. We have private transportation courtesy of my wonderful in-laws who live near PC. Has anyone with a flight this early ever not made it?

You will be fine . We just cruised on the Fantasy March 2-9 th . Our flight was US air at 12:00 noon . We ate our breakfast at 8 am , finished at 8:30 , said goodbyes to our wonderful servers and was through customs by 8:40 on the DCL bus and leaving Port Canavaral at 8:50 & arrived at MCO at 9:40 am . We did not have any bags to check as we did the airline checkin with Disney and our bags were waiting for us at our final destination . This system is terrific and next time If I have a 12 noon flight I will not rush breakfast . If you leave yourself 3 hrs from the time you leave the ship you will be ok . I did ask at guest services first and they said all guests have to be off the ship by 9 am so it was plenty of time even though the information in my airline checkin said any flight before 1 pm must be off by 8 am . This was corrected & my mind put at ease . I did ask why it said those times & her reply was some guests never want to leave and feel they can dilly dally so it's a way to speed them up ... She told me not to fret , she was right !!! Enjoy your cruise .

Thanks again everyone!! I feel much better!! Last year (our first cruise) we left out of Melbourne around 1 so there were no issues there. We flew out of Orlando a couple of months ago when we went to visit my in-laws, and it took close to an hour to get through security. We made it to the gate right when they were doing final call. I'm a nervous flyer anyways, so when you add in the stress of being late, you can imagine my mental state is not good :crazy2:

We drive to the port and had early breakfast and then left the ship. As we drove past the airport exit it was 9:20 AM. You will be fine, barring any unforseen circumstances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter