Please Answer ME!

psumomluvswdw

Me & G are Disney Fanatics!!
I have put posts on the board before asking this question and others and I never get many responses :sad1: and I NEED HELP PLEASE! I have just booked a last minute trip :hyper: for my DM, DSister, DS & I on March 12, 2006. I did not know it was peak season and now I am really scared that it is going to be extremely busy, but we have to go that week! Can anyone give me an idea of how busy it is going to be?, am I going to regret this?! Any help you can give me is very much appreciated!!! Thanks!!! :worship:

Well yes, it is generally the spring break time of year, but Easter falls well into April this year, which may alleviate some of the crowds. Many schools plan their spring breaks closer to the Easter season. I think you might luck out and not have it be as crowded as it may be in years where Easter fall in March.

That's just my two-cents...

I was told recently, better to be at Disney when it's crowded then not go at all. I sort of agree with that!

::MinnieMo

Actually, it's not Premier season, it's Magic season which is the second busiest. We've been during each season and don't find Magic season unbearable. Obviously, it will take more planning and patience than, say, Value season (Janaury and February) and crowds will be pretty thick, but as long as you're away from Easter in the spring, which you are, it shouldn't be unbearable.

It is a busier time of year, but we'll be there then and were there over the same time last year. It's nothing like what I hear it can be like during Christmas break! You won't regret it.

Just know that you're either going to have to be very patient in order to do everything you want or you'll need to pick and chose and just enjoy being there. Take advantage of fast passes. Do the big things as early as possible. Take advantage of extra magic hours if you're staying on site.

It will be fine. And you'll have a great time!

Sometimes people don't reply becuase they don't want to guess what crowds might be like during your stay, but I did a search on your name and I see others have given you their best answer.

I'm not sure what else we can say. It's all 'educated guessing' until you arrive. It might be busy, but with the Easter holiday falling in mid-April, it might not be packed. I'm not sure how much more than that anyone can say. :)

Also, the title of one of your posts was Free Trip. Most people won't think that really asks the question of 'how busy are the parks'. You may want to be more specific for those who are willing to answer that specific question.

You can use this to compare against your last trip: http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

Try to take advantage of early or late hours (not necessarily EMH) and I think you'll be fine.

One thing I've found: be as specific about the subject of the post as you can in the title. Perhaps you have in the past, but in this case you have to read the post before you know if you can answer it.

I have been there a few times March/April time frame and we did fine. The crowds were there but manageable. We have been there in June :faint: crowds and heat :headache: --not sure if I would do that again.

That timeframe is when a lot of colleges have spring break (ours is that week) so that might be what some of the people consist of. It could be a lot of college-aged people and their families, just an fyi.

There are advantages to going during peak times. The parks open earlier and stay open later. There are additional showings of Fantasmic! and Spectro. The run more cars and "trains" on the roller coasters, open additional pods on the simulator rides and run the shows more frequently. There are fewer rehabs during busy times and areas that are closed at slower times (like CoP and Wonders of Life) are often opened to divert some of the crowds.

March is a great time to go and get away from it all. Don't panic. Just go with the flow. You'll do just fine.

cleo said:
You may want to be more specific for those who are willing to answer that specific question.

Putting a descriptive title helps more than anything. I seldom open a thread that says: "Help!" or "I have a question". The title just doesn't give me a hint to what the question is. I've opened too many posts that say: "Help!" only to find the help they wanted is "How many people have bottled water shipped to their room?" So unless the thread title is descriptive I seldom open a thread. I open threads where I think I might have an answer or ones where I am also looking for the same answer.

I'm sure I'm not alone in avoiding threads without a hint in the title. A title such as "How bad are crowds in March?" would probably get more responses from those who have been in March or those planning on going in March. Now since I have opened this thread and already typed a paragraph my only answer to your question is I don't have a clue.

phamton said:
Putting a descriptive title helps more than anything. I seldom open a thread that says: "Help!" or "I have a question". The title just doesn't give me a hint to what the question is. I've opened too many posts that say: "Help!" only to find the help they wanted is "How many people have bottled water shipped to their room?" So unless the thread title is descriptive I seldom open a thread. I open threads where I think I might have an answer or ones where I am also looking for the same answer.

I'm sure I'm not alone in avoiding threads without a hint in the title. A title such as "How bad are crowds in March?" would probably get more responses from those who have been in March or those planning on going in March. Now since I have opened this thread and already typed a paragraph my only answer to your question is I don't have a clue.

True, I agree with you. It is nice now how you can put your mouse over the title and read the first line or two to get a hint without having to open it.

I think you'll be fine as long as you have a good touring plan ! A lot of people here really like Tour Guide Mike, so maybe that could help you out :flower:

I think alot of it depends on your attitude. If you go into thinking it's going to be crowded and you're going to regret the trip, then you probably will. But if you go into it using the suggestions here about early entry, fastpass, etc. then you'll have a great time. Really, crowd levels are somewhat relative. If you've been at the end of January or maybe September, you might notice the higher attendance in March. But if you've been in the summer, Easter, or holiday season...well you may think it's "dead."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter