• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pleasantly surprised at the ADR's I could get for Dec

mom2aredhead

DIS Veteran
I didn't even try for any of the "Heavy hitters" like Le Cellier or CRT - I'm optimistic, not crazy.

We're going mid-December and we just booked the trip a few days ago, so I was worried about where we would be eating.

Surprisingly I was able to get

Tony's Town Square and CP were both available 5 pm for my MVMCP night - I picked TTS because...

We got a Crystal Palace 8:05am seating for breakfast on a non-EMH morning (I've never seen an almost empty Main Street can't wait!)

Concourse Steakhouse at 6:00 pm on a Saturday night

Brown Derby (special request from my husband) at 6:00
(No Fansasmic Packages available anywhere, btw, just regular dinner.)

Chef Mickey's breakfast at 10:00 am

Marakkesh at 6:30 pm

I asked about the new character breakfast at AK, the new Italian restaurant in Epcot, and Yak and Yeti - none available for ADR's yet, although she said they anticipate the Italian restaurant will be open by mid-Nov, so I should call back again.
I know some people are probably thinking "big deal", but I was seriously thinking we would be dining OOP and eating CS most of the week since we just decided to go in less than 90 days.

I just booked a Christmas trip last weekend was afraid to call for ADR's because I just knew I wouldn't be able to get any. I was pleasantly surprised, though. We are going 12/20-12/26 and I was able to get Crystal Palace for my birthday (12/23), Garden Grill for Christmas Eve, and Ohanas and Trail's End for Christmas Day. Christmas Day was the only one I had problems with. I wanted Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but all that was available was 7:05a.m.(too early!) Then I tried for 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, but they were completely booked. So, we will be having a Mele Kalikimaka with Lilo and Stitch!

I'm going in December too - 12/15 - 12/25. I've had pretty good luck. The key is to be persistent and flexible. When I tried to book the candlelight processional the first time I called I checked 5 different restaurants on 5 days and nothing was available. The next time I called (2 days later) my first choice restaurant was available on the day I wanted...so keep calling!

I called on Monday to make ADRs for our upcoming trip, Dec. 19-23...I was shocked at what I was able to get, as well. Le Cellier, O'Hana, Les Chefs, Chef Mickey's and Biergarten.

I just can't wait to go!

I couldn't get LeCellier for dinner for our trip Dec 15-22. Only one lunch space open, but I really wanted dinner. So no LeCellier for us. We are actually trying new places this time, only repeat is Japan. I actually think of it as new since they are completely remodeling the place.

So we are doing: Teppan Edo 4:30 (a little early,but okl), Rose and Crown 6:10, H & V Playhouse Disney breakfast 8:10 (sweet first ressie time), WCC 6:50, Chef Mickey's 7:10, Ohana Dinner 8:15 (a little late, but ok), and Spoodles 5:30

BTW: Not to sound dumb but what is CRT, the abbreviation is escaping me at the moment :(
Edit: Um durrr Cinderella's Royal Table

Just booked ADRs for our December Trip this week ... I too was worried but surprisingly got pretty much what we wanted ... the candlelight processional dinner package was the worst ... but "plan D" - which had the CM laughing - actually got us Coral Reef (our second choice) at 5:00PM (our preferred time) and the 8:15 show (also our first choice). So I guess persistence does pay off.

hahaha...you guys all give me hope! I haven't done any ressies for my Dec 13-23 trip yet!!!! :eek: I have certain things I want to do but won't be too busted if I dont get them. And we tend to eat late so I'm not too worried about those. Looks like I might have trouble with the CP package though.

So, we will be having a Mele Kalikimaka with Lilo and Stitch!

We are also having breakfast with Lilo & Stitch on Christmas morning!
DS9 insisted on this & I made it months ago.
That's great that you were able to get an ADR.

We're having Christmas dinner per his other request....Chef Mickey's!

We arrive late in the evening of December 7 so our ADRs begin December 8. We have 8:10 P.M. Coral Reef, Nothing booked yet for Dec. 9, Dec. 10, 8:25 Ohana, Dec. 11 Tony's, 4:35 (MVMCP tickets for this night), Dec. 12, 4:00 CRT, Dec 13, 5:20 Coral Reef with reserved seating for Candlelight, Dec 14, Teppan Edo with reserved seating again (in case bad weather on the 13th), nothing booked yet for the 15th.

Any ideas for Dec 9 and 15?

We fly home Dec. 16, 4:30 P.M. so we aren't planning anything for this day.

Also, has anyone ever done the Holiday Carriage Ride at Wilderness Lodge?

Glad it worked out for you, flexability is the key. We were able to get all our ADR's for New Years too, I was both surprised and pleased.

wanted to let everyone know that Tutto Italia is now taking reservations - there's a lunch menu and kids menu on allears

I was able to add that one this morning...lunch menu looked good, so if dinner is anything like lunch, we'll be happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter