Plaza was great!!!!

I just changed our Tony's lunch to The Plaza based on this thread and a few others here on The DIS. It seems like their are so many Tony's haters, but rarely do I read anything bad about The Plaza. I didn't book it at first because the menu sounds so plain, but I've been watching photos of that veggie sandwich, the french fries and and the ice cream desserts and finally we are sold!

To be fair we had a very good lunch at Tony's at our last trip.
I do have pics in my last siggie 2011 poly trip report for that one...

To be fair we had a very good lunch at Tony's at our last trip.
I do have pics in my last siggie 2011 poly trip report for that one...

Thank you for that input! :) I know there are many who love Tony's, but it seems that for every person who likes it, there are 2 or 3 who decidedly DON'T. I had booked it anyway, because I strongly believe in trying everything for ourselves, but we already have 2 Italian places booked for lunch (Mama Melrose and Via Napoli), so I was also thinking The Plaza might give us more variety. I imagine we will get to try Tony's one day, just maybe not this trip!

Glad to hear this! We have an ADR for the plaza. Although the menu is simple, they seem to have a reputation for good, fresh food. And my ds is a huge banana split fan so that had something to do with it too. ;)

My kids loved the cookies & milk, which were served in a mini coffee cup & saucer. We did not have lunch reservations (in June) and waited about 30 minutes for 2 tables of 4.

Ate there in Feb

Glad we had an ADR because they were not taking any walk ins. This was for dinner.

Food was amazing! We loved this place and have another ADR for our Sept trip.

We have reservations for dinner at 8pm on Saturday, Sept 29th. Will we be able to see the fireworks?

Ate there last year for the first time. We loved it! Definitetly a must the next time we go. The food portions we good and the food was yummy!

We have reservations for dinner at 8pm on Saturday, Sept 29th. Will we be able to see the fireworks?

don't count on it. You theoretically CAN see them, however, people stand on the wall outside the front windows and completely block your view (if there are big crowds.) So don't count on it.

we ate there last Sunday; 8:30 and had a window seat. I thought, oh AWESOME! All we saw were the back sides of people.

Not sure what the raves are here though. 7 of us ordered 7 different items and we all walked away thinking the food was just meh. I've had better sandwiches at home.

Shakes were great though!

For us what we love about it is that it is super convenient for us on a MK early entry day. By 11:30 we are ready for a nice sit down before we make our way back to our resort for a swim. For a sit down and less hassle of the QS at that time, it is reasonably priced. Also, that is all we want at that time is a sandwichy meal. It also accomodates all of my picky eaters there, so we all have something we like. I wish I made my turkey or club sandwiches at home like there's, but sadly, I just don't bother to have that crispier bread and all the fanfare when I whip one up at home, so for us, we like the sandwiches.
My only complaint is with the ice cream parlor they have next door--- did you know you cannot get sprinkles on your ice cream cone!!!!:sad1:

We ate there in July 2010 and my wife and son had the philly cheesesteak and thought is was awful. I am hoping to get them to go back there next summer b/c location, cost and TS are what I need.

Any chance Chef Ken started after July 2010?

had bad food or service at the Plaza. I try different things every time we go but my favorite is the club sandwich!

We also have eaten there many times and have never had anything less than a great meal!

One of our all-time favorites. We have an early ADR the night we do Wishes Dessert Party. Looking forward to both! I'm deciding between the strawberry salad and the veggie sandwich (without the bread) just to be sure I have room for the desserts;)

Back in the mid-80s, I remember The Plaza seemed to have a more extensive ice cream/sundae menu. We made it a tradition to eat lunch there at least once per vacation. And for lunch, we simply had a big sundae! So good, filling enough until dinner, and somewhat guilt-free since we hadn't stuffed ourselves with regular food first.

Since then, we've had the food as well as dessert, and it's very good.

I love The Plaza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter