• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plaza was great!!!!

Re: Tony's, read through the "they would have to pay me $ to eat at" thread...
Interestingly, I don't think Plaza was mentioned at all on that thread.

This is a good point. Can't say I can remember ever hearing anything negative about the Plaza.

I had the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with tomato soup as an appetizer.

:scratchin

Odd, the sample menu doesn't say anything about appetizers or soup and even though I have an ADR for a MNSSHP, i've been searching non-stop to replace it simply because it's not much bang for the DxDP credit. Can anyone tell any more?

:scratchin

Odd, the sample menu doesn't say anything about appetizers or soup and even though I have an ADR for a MNSSHP, i've been searching non-stop to replace it simply because it's not much bang for the DxDP credit. Can anyone tell any more?

It's at the very top of the menu -- under entrees, It says you can add a soup for 3.99 or a tossed salad for 5.49, right under where it says that all sandwiches come with choice of brocolli slaw, chips or fries.

OP, glad you had a nice meal. I like the Plaza and have enjoyed a few meals there. Once was not so great, (long story) but the manager made it right, so no major complaints! The latter incident just proves to me that Disney management is on top of things and cares about the guests. I'll gladly try the Plaza once again.

:) Have to agree that they have really good sandwiches and the BEST FRIES ON PROPERTY thus far and my MIL would second that--it is like they are double fried--awesome!!:goodvibes.....still have get a shake at 50's though....maybe DH will take me in Oct to get a shake. It is a great restaurant to enjoy before MNSSHP or MVMCP-great location for parades and such. Nice service. Love the club sandwich.

Has the BEST turkey club sandwich ever!!:thumbsup2

Our plan is always to do MK first day with of course a trip to Plaza for lunch. We love it. It is probably our most enjoyable meal in Disney. The girls love the options and of course the ice cream sundaes. Dh and I love the adult options. They don't rush you and you have a view of the castle. It is fabulous. I always pay oop bc it is not worth a TS credit. It is pretty cheap compared to other TS. I highly recommend.

Reading this makes me happy!!! :) I love that the prices are so fair for a TS meal. We have an October ADR booked!

i couldnt agree more!
We ate here for the first time in february. I enjoyed it so much I booked it for lunch again later in the week

next time we go, we are only there for 3 days so its going to be an eat as you go type trip, but i still made a lunch ADR for our MK day :rotfl:

How important is an ADR here? It sounds like walk-ins are readily available (especially as it's an "under-appreciated" restuarant).

How important is an ADR here? It sounds like walk-ins are readily available (especially as it's an "under-appreciated" restuarant).

Depends on when you are going. I tried to change my ADR time on a MNSSHP night and there was nothing available.

First week of May they were also turning walk ins away. Park and the Plaza itself weren't very busy either (several empty tables).

I'd managed to book an adr a week before for a last minute trip and was glad I did.

Almost every time we go to check in with our dinner ADR, they are turning people away. It is very small inside.

We ate at the Plaza Restaraunt yesterday at MK. It was awesome. My DD has a tree nut allergy and Chef Ken was amazing with her and the rest of us. We have had table service meals each day and he is the only chef that has came out to talk to us. Besides him, the food was really good either. Both of my DD's asked if we could eat there again for supper!! My DH and I agreed. We really enjoyed every aspect of Plaza. It will be a must for us the next time we go!!

Thanks so much for the information. We are going to try The Plaza for the first time on our upcoming trip. My DD also has a tree nut allergy among a few others.

Do you remember what her options were to eat? Also was she able to have any ice cream or dessert?

Where in WI are you from? We live near Milwaukee.

I have been there several times and while the food isn't the most, well, exciting, it's consistently good. Probably one of the best features about the Plaza is its opportunity for a respite from the daily heat. I think the service is also great and the prices, especially for where the restaurant is located, are competitive.

I just changed our Tony's lunch to The Plaza based on this thread and a few others here on The DIS. It seems like their are so many Tony's haters, but rarely do I read anything bad about The Plaza. I didn't book it at first because the menu sounds so plain, but I've been watching photos of that veggie sandwich, the french fries and and the ice cream desserts and finally we are sold!

Thanks so much for the information. We are going to try The Plaza for the first time on our upcoming trip. My DD also has a tree nut allergy among a few others.

Do you remember what her options were to eat? Also was she able to have any ice cream or dessert?

Where in WI are you from? We live near Milwaukee.

Chef Ken is great!! He will open a new carton of ice cream just for her and my other dd. He was very carefull about cross contamination. I believe she had chicken strips and fries. He made them a special fruit salad with extra fruit that was not suppose to be in it. He also made their meals and brought them out first. Another chef made my DH and my meals and they came out a few min. later. My girls are still talking about it. We even have a picture of them w/ Ken!!

We are from the LaCrosse area.

Has the BEST turkey club sandwich ever!!:thumbsup2

Had this and loved it....I thought I had pictures in one of my siggies, but after a quick look I do not.
We had the mayor come in once too

Love the plaza. Its so pretty inside. Classic MK :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter