Plaza Restaurant Observation

TwoCortWort

A Buckeye Disney Princess
We ate dinner today at the Plaza and realized they brought out our slices of lemon on a almost like paper plate, plastic more like it. It was a nice looking plate, but when the family next to us had their dessert we saw the usual plates you see at this place. We asked what was going on and was told the dish washer broke and that they were doing something in the back and hoping to have it fixed by March. I found it weird that they had like dessert plates like the old ones but not like the dinner plates. :confused3

Funny you should mention that because we had lunch there about 2 weeks ago and prior to that it's been quite a while since we were ther before that and I was surprised to see our sandwiches were served on plastic plates (black & gray marble) also. The drinks, shakes as well as the ice cream were served in regular glassware and they also had silverware, strange the dishwasher doesn't work on dishes??? And, after just checking on our photos, the ice cream glass was served on a regular dish. Wonder if they're really having issues with the dishwasher or this is something they're testing...:confused3 I can't believe they can't get the dishwasher fixed until March (this is Disney World, c'mon, really...:rolleyes2)...

With the Main St Bakery being closed for renovation ... I wonder if that has impacted the dishwasher situation. I would not be surprised if Plaza, ice cream shop and Main St Bakery share the same dish cleaning area. There may be separate dishwashers for glasses and cups than for dishes.

I noticed the non-china plates when we ate there but it wasn't an issue for us. Food was great.

Oh it didn't change the taste of the food, I love eating there. Actually brought smaller portion of fries for me, not complaining, didn't want to eat too much. ;) but they said that they were having to take the dishes up to the Tomorrowland terrace to use their dishwasher and found these easier, but I found the other part odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter