Plaza Inn Breakfast Timing!

princess_jamie

Mouseketeer
Help!

My sister and I are going for a short DLR trip in December and one of our must do's is a character breakfast at Plaza Inn.

We will be there Dec 3-7 with the 4, 5, and 6 being park days. I'm trying to decide what is the best day and time to go for breakfast. We plan on being at the parks at opening until closing so my thoughts are to either do it as early as possible on the 5th (Monday), or later in the morning on the Sunday (4th). We want to maximize our first thing in the morning time for some of the attractions, especially on Sunday morning. We also don't want to go first thing Tuesday morning because it's our Magic Morning, but I guess we could also go later Tuesday morning too.

What would you do?!

We went on a MM / EE in August and chose a later breakfast time of 10:30 so as not to miss out on the MM / EE advantage. It worked out well for our group. Since we had gotten to the park early we were more than ready to eat by 10:30. We still had lots of character interaction and didn't feel rushed.

We just did the later seating at10:30, and really loved it. We spent the morning riding rides with shorter lines, and getting hungry. I don't like to eat first thing in the morning. Also saved us time later as we didn't need to stop and eat again until after 7pm. We ate hearty, and stayed going all day. I loved the French toast. All the characters were there, we didn't miss anyone by being later. It was nice because the restaurant was not packed many came by more than once.

We also have done a later breakfast on an early morning. I ate a yogurt first thing to carry me through, and counted the later breakfast as "brunch". Worked great :)

Thanks all!! I have made a 10:40 reservation for the Sunday and a 8:40 reservation for Monday so I can debate between the two for the next mont and a bit. Although I've heard a lot of people between this forum and others suggest the more "brunch" option, so am leaning towards that!

I did a 7:10 last week and it was beyond awesome. We had the place to ourselves at first and the characters basically came over and played around with us. We got to see several characters twice. I often hear about people feeling like they are waiting for characters to come or feeling like characters skipped their area-well not at 7:10 when there are only like 5 people in the place!

I did a 7:10 last week and it was beyond awesome. We had the place to ourselves at first and the characters basically came over and played around with us. We got to see several characters twice. I often hear about people feeling like they are waiting for characters to come or feeling like characters skipped their area-well not at 7:10 when there are only like 5 people in the place!
What day was that and what were the park hours? Did you feel like you missed out on ride time that early?

We also did a 0710 this past Thursday (not sure if @Kindermouse was at that one too??? lol) and we always go first thing... I do feel like we have a lot more time and interaction with the characters than some other folks I have read about who felt like they had to chase down characters. We saw Minnie, Hook, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Tigger, Pinocchio, Max (? Goofy's nephew), Geppetto.... I think that was everyone. Sometimes the characters came back twice while we were eating. We were a large group (8) so we got the big table in the middle of the room with all the windows that faces the Astro Oribitor... our favorite spot to sit!

For me personally it was a bonus because my immediate group of 4 all have AP's and my sister's family does not.. so all of us AP holders actually got to go in BEFORE park opening that day even though we don't get a MM. For the younger kids who are all about the rides, that was helpful!

I was there last Tuesday and regular entry was 8:00 and mm was 7:00. I didnt have MM anyway so I know I didn't miss out on any park time. The thing with last week was the halloween party days-non MHP days were much more crowded in the morning/rope drop than days that did have a party. I got more done on the first 2 hours on a party day than I did in the first 4 hours on non party day. We did our character breakfast on a non-party day so the park was very crowded early any way and I sort of wish we had hung around at plaza Inn longer since it ended up being a rough and crowded park day anyway. Since you are going in December this won't affect you.

We also did a 0710 this past Thursday (not sure if @Kindermouse was at that one too??? lol) and we always go first thing... I do feel like we have a lot more time and interaction with the characters than some other folks I have read about who felt like they had to chase down characters. We saw Minnie, Hook, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Tigger, Pinocchio, Max (? Goofy's nephew), Geppetto.... I think that was everyone. Sometimes the characters came back twice while we were eating. We were a large group (8) so we got the big table in the middle of the room with all the windows that faces the Astro Oribitor... our favorite spot to sit!

For me personally it was a bonus because my immediate group of 4 all have AP's and my sister's family does not.. so all of us AP holders actually got to go in BEFORE park opening that day even though we don't get a MM. For the younger kids who are all about the rides, that was helpful!

we just missed each other-we did our 7:10 on Tuesday. We had Minnie, Chip, Dale, Tigger, Fairy Godmother, Hook, pooh, Eeyore, Rafiki, and Suzy the mouse (the girl mouse from cinderella).

We prefer going on a day that has MM and getting there first thing. We don't waste actual park time (because we didn't have a MM) and everything is fresh, including the characters :)

I think it depends on what your priority is. For me, I love taking my granddaughter to this breakfast because she loves the character interaction. We've always gone early, and we've always seen all of the characters, most of them multiple times. This last trip, we had a later reservation - 10:30. I was surprised to find out that you're only "guaranteed" to see Minnie. You can ask a host to send the other characters around to your table, but they won't promise anything. We missed two of the characters, even after waiting for over an hour. From now on, we'll stick to early character breakfasts.

We did 10:40 this past Sunday. We saw Minnie, Tigger, Eeyore, pooh, Chip, Dale, Max, capt Hook, Fairy Godmother and Rafiki at our breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter