Playing Buzz from home

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
I've read several places that you can play Buzz Lightyear from your home computer along with guests on the actual ride, but I can't seem to find the site online. Anybody?

Thanks.

Wow, that would be insanely cool. My sister would never leave the computer she loves those competitive game/rides :)

I think you can email your score to yourself, but I don't think you can play the actual game at home.

There was talk of turning the ride into a home game on Playstation/Xbox a couple years ago, but with Disney cutting most of their game development budget (with the exception of the studio doing the Epic Mickey games), I believe it got cancelled.

It's not the same version as in the ride, but yes, you can play at home. It teams you up with players in the ride and supposedly the targets in the ride light up when you hit something.

The link is somewhere on the disneyland.com site, but I can't access it from here.

I also got the Toy Story Mania game on the Wii for my wife because she loves Toy Story Mania.

That game is pretty fun!

So does it team you with actual players in the ride, or players in the "ride"? From what I understand it is a game that has simulated players?:confused3

It's not the same version as in the ride, but yes, you can play at home. It teams you up with players in the ride and supposedly the targets in the ride light up when you hit something.

The link is somewhere on the disneyland.com site, but I can't access it from here.

I haven't played it in about a year, but I still have it on my laptop. Upon reading this thread I tried it out. You can still play (practice) offline, but it will no longer connect with the riders at Disneyland.

I haven't played it in about a year, but I still have it on my laptop. Upon reading this thread I tried it out. You can still play (practice) offline, but it will no longer connect with the riders at Disneyland.

That probably explains why you can't find the download link at Disney website anymore.

I remember hearing about this a long time ago, I had thought they took down the online game, but I thought it was like a flash game you played in your browser. I didn't know it was something you downloaded on your computer and then used internet to connect with players on the actual ride. Too bad they got rid of that system, but it was probably really buggy and I imagine it would annoyingly affect ride operations :scratchin.

Caltex, do you think you could upload the old program install for us who just wanna play the practice stuff for funsies? :p

I used to play it quite a bit years ago. It was called Astro Blasters (of course lol) and you would team up with some other random player and play along with the people on the ride. It was a very fun game! Unfortunately it was not compatible with my lap top so I stopped playing it. Too bad it's no longer available for others to play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter