Playhouse Disney Soft-Opening Schedule

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
As reported on dlrpmagic

Soft openings for Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! will begin this weekend and gradually build to give double the performances expected. The capacity of the new venue has also been confirmed.

Heading to Disneyland Resort Paris with Playhouse Disney fans over the next three weeks? You could be in luck. Member (and Cast Member) guimik at Disney Central Plaza forum has posted the full “soft opening” show schedule, as published internally at the resort.

It goes as follows:

Saturday 21st, Sunday 22nd, Monday 23rd March 2009

French: 11:30, 13:00
English: 12:15
Spanish: 13:45

Tuesday 24th, Wednesday 25th March 2009

French: 11:15, 12:45
English: 12:00, 14:30
Spanish: 13:30, 15:15

Thursday 26th March 2009

French: 11:30, 13:00, 15:30
English: 12:15, 13:45, 17:00
Spanish: 14:45, 16:15

Saturday 28th, Sunday 29th March;
Wednesday 1st, Thursday 2nd April 2009

French: 10:30, 12:00, 13:30
English: 11:15
Spanish: 12:45

Friday, 3rd April 2009

French: 10:30, 12:00, 13:30, 15:15, 16:45
English: 11:15, 14:30, 17:30
Spanish: 12:45, 16:00

So, Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! certainly won’t be the five-performances-a-day attraction expected. If the final soft opening date, 3rd April, just a day before the official opening, is the most likely to show the final schedule, this means we’ll be seeing 10 shows per day on peak dates. Five of those French, three English and two Spanish.

The same source, guimik, also confirms another very interesting detail — the capacity of the new theatre/show room is 480 guests. Next door, the benches of the Stitch Live! theatre welcome 200 guests per performance.

So, even given that guests at Playhouse Disney will sit on the floor close to the puppets’ stage and mostly be quite small-bodied, this new show room in the former Disney Channel CyberSpace post-show area will be quite a bit bigger.

Note: “Soft Opening”, by the way, is a Disney term given to advance previews of a new attraction, when it opens to the public ahead of the advertised date in order to train the Cast Members, test satisfaction and simply make sure everything is ready for the big day. It should be noted that these dates and showtimes can therefore be subject to change or cancellation without notice.

OH MY GOD!!!

Were off this sunday for 3 days so fingers crossed we'll catch a show on monday or tuesdays show!! I was a bit disappointed thinking we'd miss this but im thrilled!!

Thanks for posting this!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Oh no, we get there on the 29th but won't be there until around 2pm so we'll just miss that day's showing and we leave on the Tuesday - the next showing not being until the Wednesday :sad1:

I wasn't thinking exactly the same...honest...I haven't checked the Eurostar website for trains...honest ;)

My Mother would kill me :lmao: But....you only live once ;)

I still regret not going on a day trip when Corbin Bleu visited DLRP.

Are they likely to do a 'soft opening' of the High School Musical Street Show?

We have friends going this weekend who are really disappointed that they will be missing the HSM show.

Are they likely to do a 'soft opening' of the High School Musical Street Show?

We have friends going this weekend who are really disappointed that they will be missing the HSM show.

I would say probably not. They tend to use 'soft openings' for rides, attractions or show's that haven't been at DLRP before. HSM was there last year so they know how it works etc so would have little to gain from a 'soft openining'. Tell them to cross their fingers though!!

This thread really brings it home how close we are to the new Disney season :banana: :banana: :banana:

I would say probably not. They tend to use 'soft openings' for rides, attractions or show's that haven't been at DLRP before. HSM was there last year so they know how it works etc so would have little to gain from a 'soft openining'. Tell them to cross their fingers though!!

Thanks. That is a shame. I will tell them to cross everything!

i wish i was going back soon. cant wait for ash to see playhouse disney live on stage she will love that

Should be fun for the little ones. Hope those of you going during the soft oepnings period get to see it. :goodvibes

Wow Spanish as third language. Some years back the third language was German. It seams as if their tactic to reduce the number of German guests is successful. And now with Spanish as third language the number of German guest will decrease even more. But I am very happy for all Spanish quests. :)

Wow Spanish as third language. Some years back the third language was German

My thoughts exactly! I was surprised to see a third language at all but it shows that DLRP do listen to complaints. I know that there are always a lot of complaints from Spanish guests that DLRP doesn't cater to them.

I can't wait to see this show!! I saw it in WDW last year and my then three year old danced, sang and threw her arms in the air at every given opportunity!!

I am absolutely over the moon they bought this here as the shows it's based on are really popular here now.

So here's to doing the HOTDOG again!!

My children have never seen this. What channel is it on (if that isn't a stupid question!)?

The channel is called playhouse disney it is 727 on virgin media and sky channel 611. :thumbsup2 It is the only channel my 3 year old watches.

As we dont have children yet and its just me and my oh going dont think this will bother us much. Everyone whos going with children, hope you enjoy yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter