• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Playgrounds in the Parks

magicwishes

Mouseketeer
Where are the best playgrounds in the parks? We will have some time to wait for the rest of our group while they are riding headliners our littlest ones are too short to ride. The kids have really enjoyed the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground and the little playground near the exit of Splash Mountain. They enjoyed the playhouse near Winnie the Pooh.

Where are there playground type places in the park?

At Epcot there's a cool play area at the end of Mission:Space (it's inside, but a climb-y thing). Also an inside place to play after the Imagination ride in Epcot. If you're going soon there are also playgrounds set up for Flower & Garden festival.

AK has the boneyard in dinoland.

MK has the waiting area for Dumbo, and Casey Jr splash thing in what used to be Toontown.

There's also a variety of fountains in epcot. One as you head straight towards the world showcase there is a fountain to play in on the bridge, there is a second similar fountain on the way to test track, finally the jumping fountain outside the imagination pavilion. Bring a set or three of dry clothes!

Please don't let your children play naked in the fountain. I don't want to say why, but just don't do it. Make sure you bring some dry cloths with you.

MK: The Laughing Place (at Splash MT), Tom Sawyer's Island, the indoor play area while waiting for Dumbo, Casey Jr Splash area.
EP: There are some indoor activities, but depending on your trip timing they are being restructured. Lots of interactive areas all around though, plus the fountains. Our kiddos love the space as you exit Figment. The outpost at WS has an interactive drum area. The Seas has a small indoor play area to one side.
HS: HISTK
AK: Boneyard - check out both parts (the playground and the dig area)

i think wdw needs way more of these playgrounds in the parks! they would be a lot cheaper than an elaborate ride and it is just what toddlers need, not just standing in lines all day! on emh at mk dd2 had the whole dumbo que play area to herself! they should put the play area in dhs like what they have on the cruise, with Andy's room play space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter