Playa Mia Grand Beach Park??? worth going to??

tina4_98

Mouseketeer
Has anyone does this Excursion in Cozumel?? Of so how was it? we are a family of 4 with two girls who will be 8 & 5 and love the beach.

any feed back or recommendations please!! :) :cool1:

My DH and I went there back in April. I do NOT think it is worth it. The beach is ok, but it is very crowded and there are lots of big rocks in the water that hurt our feet. Im not talking about small pebbles, I mean BIG rocks. The food was ok. We never were able to use the toys in the water because there were just too many people. Maybe other people have had a better experience, but personally I prefer Nachi Cocom better. :thumbsup2

Another option too, we went to Mr.Sancho's in Cozumel-wasn't crowded at all. We were NOT the only families there (our kids were 4 and 6)We booked it on our own through Cozumel Water Sports, which is basically a small deposit and then you pay the balance the day you go. We had fun, they did play some un edited music there though-but my kids were having enough fun that they didn't even hear the words. (I'm not too uptight about that kind of stuff though-my kids know what "bad" words are, and not to repeat them)We got an all inclusive package.

We went in Oct 2009 and it we enjoyed it. We had chairs very close to the beach and they brought me an umbrella and drinks. DD7 at the time loved the beach. I don't remember it being rocky as the PP indicated.

We thought the food was good and service on the beach was excellent. We used a few of the "toys" Paddle boat to go out to the Trampoline.

There were probably 2 other cruise ships there besides DCL, but they had different sections of the beach. It was busy, but not where you didn't have a chair or could find space to relax and swim or play on the beach.

We were there in November and it was a ghost town. We had borderline heatstroke from our tour earlier in the excursion so we weren't up for much, but we had a snack of ceviche and guacamole at the restaurant (both were delicious and not too expensive) and laid in some beach chairs for awhile before taking a walk around the property. There seemed to be a lot of options (and more employees than guests!) but not many people participating.

We did the Mexican Cuisine Workshop which is also at Playa Mia, and includes some free time to enjoy the resort.

We are not much for beaches, but it seemed nice enough. It was in October and the place was not crowded at all. I would say that the beach is pretty gravelly, but there seemed to be lots of chairs, umbrellas, and toys available. the food they had was OK (we didn't really have any because we were there to cook our own) and the free drinks were a nice bonus. All in all it was a pretty well run, clean, and friendly place.

I highly suggest the workshop for those without young children. The chef, Luis, and his assistant are comic and culinary geniuses and we all had a great time cooking yup some authentic Mexican cuisine. We then had a great time eating it with our fellow "cooks".

We did it back in 2009 and LOVED it! The beach was great and the water inflatables were a lot fun too! The buffet was very good! The only bad part was that since the drinking age is 18, there was a teen from a Carnival ship that had to be carried out of the pool because she was so drunk. I figure that could have happened anywhere though.

Has anyone does this Excursion in Cozumel?? Of so how was it? we are a family of 4 with two girls who will be 8 & 5 and love the beach.

any feed back or recommendations please!! :) :cool1:

I'd recommend Paradise Beach in Cozumel...

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

It's only 5 miles from the pier (a few bucks for a taxi)... They charge $2 per person to reserve a lounge chair (so there's no hunting for a seat) and $12 for the water toys wristband... Nice beach, full service menu (try the nachos)... They've added a tiki bar and a huge heated pool since the last time I was there... It was well worth every dime we spent there and still cheaper than any similar excursion offered on the ship...

Thank you all for your recommendations!!!

really enjoy reading what everyone has to say!! :santa:

hope everyone has a Happy Holidays!!!!!:santa:

I'd recommend Paradise Beach in Cozumel...

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

It's only 5 miles from the pier (a few bucks for a taxi)... They charge $2 per person to reserve a lounge chair (so there's no hunting for a seat) and $12 for the water toys wristband... Nice beach, full service menu (try the nachos)... They've added a tiki bar and a huge heated pool since the last time I was there... It was well worth every dime we spent there and still cheaper than any similar excursion offered on the ship...

I second the paradise beach, we dropped my mom, dad and DD off while we went and explored the island. My dd loved it so much that she didn't even eat lunch, thanks to Disney we had packed some snacks.

She spent the whole day in the water on the toys and even met a lot of other kids. It wasn't to overly crowded, it was very clean in the bathroom and changing room.

All in all my DD gave it TWO BIG THUMBS UP!!!

Paradise Beach is pretty nice and inexpensive for a family. We were there last March and the boys insist on it again when we cruise in Sept. They had a blast on the giant inflatables and trampoline in the water. They also had snorkeling and kayaks. Parasailing and massages are available for a fee. The food was good and not too expensive. They also have free wifi in the bar area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter