Play mini-golf and get a free golf ball ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Is it true ?
If you play a round of min-golf at WDW, Fantasia or Winter/Summer mini golf courses, when you finish the course, you get a free golf ball with a character on it ?

Does each group get 1 golf ball or each individual players get a golf ball ?

So if we are a family of 4 people playing mini-golf at WDW - Do we get 4 free golf balls or 1 free golf ball ?

We have never played mini-golf at WDW.
I thought it may be a fun thing to try while we are there.

Thanks!

Yep. There were six of us and all of up got a ball with Tinkerbell on it. If you have an annual pass, mini-golf is half price.

Played mini golf in June at Winter/Summerland; no free golf ball. We played last year and got a free ball.

We have played mini golf about 8 times in the past 4 years and have received one ball per player each time. They have also invited us to grab as many mini sharpies as we wanted. They weren't the most standard of colors. When I get home, I put the mini sharpies in my golf bag to mark my golf balls.

We played in June and when I asked about the free ball, they said they said they have discontinued giving them.

The play balls were standard colors, no characters on them.
No sharpies for scorecards, just regular mini pencils.

I think it's still a fun activitiy though, still worth it, look for a discount coupon!

We were at Fantasia this July, did not know about this & certainly were not offered a free ball. Had a great time though! Love the view of the back of the ToT :cool1:

I hope they didn't discontinue giving away the golf balls! I collect them from each trip. In the past each player has received a character golf ball at Fantasia and mini sharpies and mini candy canes at Winter Summerland.

We played Winter/Summerland in June and did not get a free ball. We still had a greT time though. Well worth it.

when they used to give them out, it was one for each paid game of golf, so if there were 2 in your group, you should have got 2... if there were 6, should have got 6 ;)

Like PP said, I think they've discontinued that though. When we went in January, DBF and I both got a Grumpy ball from Fantasia golf and a Tinkerbell ball from Winter/Summerland

Went again in March, no ball :(

Its one of our favorite "non-park" activities, and will probably make it to Winter/Summerland at least one night on this next trip :):banana:

My niece and I played Winterland side and each got a ball-I think Captain Hook was on it.

That's sad if they no longer give out the character golf balls.

I can confirm that they no longer have that promotion going on. We have a collection of them so we were disappointed. No mini sharpies either. Not a Disney thing, the manufacturer with the golf balls is supposedly doing it at another non-disney(downtown area) mini golf. Maybe the pirate one? That is what the CM's told us in May.

I hate that they discontinued the free golf ball, We got a captain hook one on our last trip, It was a nice surprise after a bad loss....lol

We played winter summerland on Aug 7th and everyone in our party got a golf ball. the one I have infront of me is of Donald. I didn't see what all the others ones have on them.

When we orginally talked about going I was nervous bc for 6 of us it was going to be expensive $70ish. I had a 15% off coupon that I left back at the resort. Dh paid for the golf and I know he showed our annual pass for a discount. Much later I looked at the receipt and was pleasantly surprised that we played for $34ish!! I didn't know it was 50% off for AP's. I do know if you returned w/in 24 hrs for another round it is 50 % off.

They also offer a raincheck for incliment weather. We got to hole 5 and the skies just opened up on us and poured!!! It was soo comical. We were soo wet. I dropped our score card so I tossed it. We just kept right on playing, figured we were already all wet why not! It was funny when we got on the bus at Blizzard beach and everyone was dry!! They must have thougth we went to blizzard beach in our clothes!

My older DSs wanted to go back during the week but we couldn't fit it in. Definitely putting summer on our plans for next year.

I just got back to my hotel room from Fantasia Gardens. Golf balls were given to each child in our group. They specifically asked how many children we had with us, so maybe they are just giving them out to kids now.

I just got back to my hotel room from Fantasia Gardens. Golf balls were given to each child in our group. They specifically asked how many children we had with us, so maybe they are just giving them out to kids now.

Really?! :woohoo: Yay! Were they the character golf balls? who's on them? :)

At Fantasia Gardens in May, we were asked who won and that person only got a ball with Mickey in his Sorcerer's costume on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter