Play kitchen for 3 yo DS. Is that weird?

I think it's great! Santa brought our son a kitchen play set when he was three. :thumbsup2 Both of my sons-now 10 and 19-love cooking and will eat just anything! And aren't most of the World's top chefs men?!

DD8 was the only girl in the neighborhood we used to live in. All the boys loved coming to play at our house because of her kitchen and dollhouse. She loved going to their houses because of the extensive number of cars and trucks. Kids don't care about whether something is a "girl" toy or a "boy" toy they just care that it's fun.

I think your family members need to get a little tap with the clue stick!:lmao:
Smacks of another "gee-whiz-if-he-plays-with-THAT-he-might-turn-gay" kinda thing...which is totally ignorant (sorry, no way to sugarcoat that one). Buy him the kitchen and ignore your family. My son has two. He is not gay (yes, I can tell--I think most mothers can if they're not in denial), but if he were it wouldn't be from having play kitchens. That's just stupid!:rolleyes1

Question for ya: what do they find objectionable about him playing with the kitchen if it's NOT a homophobia thing??? That he might grow up to cook meals???:rotfl: I'm just pointing out that it's TOTALLY a homophobia thing--nothing else it could be, really. And that's pretty sad.:sad2:

Strangely, I think my feminist-nut side would make me more reluctant to buy a kitchen for a girl than for a boy.

Not unless you think it's weird that my husband sometimes cooks dinner :thumbsup2 or that my dad cooks more than my mom at this point because he likes to and she doesn't. How can we raise boys that will be good men, involved fathers, and great husbands if we are afraid to let them to pretend to cook or parent? My son is 4, and he loves to play with our toy kitchen. He and his big sister cook all the time. He also enjoys helping me to cook real food. For his 4th birthday, he asked for his own Cabbage Patch Kid because he was tired of only getting to have baby daughters princess: . We bought him a little boy doll with crazy hair, and he was very excited. He also loves pirates, cars, motorcycles, and Star Wars. Buy your son the kitchen! He'll have a great time. When he's an adult, remind him to never cook for the relatives who thought he shouldn't have it :rotfl2: .

Why would it be weird for a boy to want a play kitchen? The top chefs in the world are men. My Dh cooks and actually he cooks better than me. I would actually want my DS to play kitchen rather than to play with guns and pretend to shoot people, but that is another topic for another day.
Forget the gender appropriate stuff, that was done and over with along time ago. Girls can be police officers, carpenters and astronauts and boys can be teachers, models and a stay at home dad. This is 2007, anything goes.

Why would it be weird for a boy to want a play kitchen? The top chefs in the world are men. My Dh cooks and actually he cooks better than me. I would actually want my DS to play kitchen rather than to play with guns and pretend to shoot people, but that is another topic for another day.
Forget the gender appropriate stuff, that was done and over with along time ago. Girls can be police officers, carpenters and astronauts and boys can be teachers, models and a stay at home dad. This is 2007, anything goes.
ITA. Name 5 famous Chef's. I bet most, if not all, are the names of men. Last Christmas my DS(then3) wanted a baby doll. I got him a AG Bitty Baby. I also bought him Sponge Bob clothes for his Bitty Baby. Only my FIL made a nasty comment but I stopped it rather quickly and it wasn't in front of my son.

I think it's weird to think it's weird, seeing how most of the world's top chefs are men as has been mentioned by previous posters. It's perfectly not-weird for boys to have their own kitchens! My DS loves "cooking"! He also loves his baby doll and stuffed animals, which I have gotten the "why does he have a doll" comments from a few people.

But, DH cooks for our family...he's better at it and he likes it, I am a terrible cook and don't enjoy it, so it makes sense for us. He is also a stay-at-home dad. I guess we're just "weird" in general.

I wish some people would stop imposing obsolete gender stereotypes on children!

I think you've gotten your answer already, but I'll pipe in too!

Nope - not weird at all! We have a kitchen and both DD(4) and DS(2) LOVE playing with it. DS also is into his sisters dollhouse right now. And our latest love :love: for both of them is a play McDonald's set that we just got DD for her Bday. I know, you all are thinking "ugh, McDonald's?!", but seriously they LOVE it! This toy was THE hit of the Bday party and the kids have a blast pretending that they work at McD's and we are their customers. I say whatever it takes to keep your kiddos imagination growing and thriving! Be it a doll, a kitchen, or (gulp! :eek: ) McDonald's!!

My son absolutely loved the kitchen that his sister got from Santa. I would say that he has probably played with it more than she has! I don't think that it's weird at all. Boys need to learn to do household chores, too! My husband was a little weirded out at first when my son got a doll (a boy!). He did come around to my way of thinking when he saw how gentle and caring he was towards it and when I explained that he might be a Daddy some day and that it's good practice!!!

Happy Halloween !

i hope it's not wierd because santa just ordered one for our son :)

he has more fun playing with his friend's princess tea set and cart than pretty much anything else... except, of course, his cars... he's a kid! what's fun is fun no matter what stereotyped gender association it has...

get it, he'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter