Platinum and boarding

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jezebella, Nov 20, 2012.

1. jezebella

jezebella MK fireworks in my backyard every night!

We just added a cruise for Dec. 15th and when I did my online registration, it said something to the effect that "since someone in your party is platinum or concierge, you don't have to have a boarding time, you can arrive at any time and board". Does this mean platinum boards with concierge before everyone else??

2. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Sometimes Concierge will board first, followed by Platinum. Sometimes both will board at the same time. Yes, before the "regular" boarding begins.

:cutie:

3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

No. Concierge guests board first, then platinum, then the general boarding process begins.

Platinum guests used to get a number 1 boarding pass; that has now changed to a number 2 with concierge getting number 1. However, for all practical purposes, nothing has changed.

If you are at PC, concierge will be boarded without any announcement or fafare thru a side door off the concierge waiting area, then they will announce the "Family of the day" and next the number 2 boarding cards (which are the platinum guests). Obviously, if you arrive at the terminal later, you can board as soon as you are checked in.

If you are at a port other than PC (where they don't usually have a separate concierge waiting area with door), they will board number 1s, and then move to number 2s, both with announcements. It doesn't change anything--you still get on very quickly.