Plastic luggage ID tags?

Celine

Mouseketeer
This is probably the wrong place for this post, but I wasn't sure where to put it..

BUT, when should I be expecting those cool plastic luggage ID tags? They DO still send those out, right? They sent them to us earlier than this on our last trip some four years ago.. we're three weeks away from leaving and I still haven't gotten them. I received the yellow tags almost three weeks ago.:confused3

We recieved our ME (yellow tags) about a month out and we received our other luggage tags with our welcome package (hotel vouchers, coupons etc) about 3.5 weeks out ... maybe you should call and verify, to see when it was sent. Just to be on the safe side ... better safe than sorry.

The luggage tags are especially cute this year :love:. Enjoy your trip!!

Oh yes, I totally booked a package!! Flights, resorts, park tickets and free dining plan! ;)

I'll call today and ask about them.. I know it must seem silly, but we loved having those little Disney ID Tags on our luggage! Like we were part of a special club or something! :)

Well, that was depressing.. I booked our whole vacation through Jetblue for the obvious reasons ($$$) and after calling Disney about the ID tags, was told that we won't get them because we didn't book through them directly. Then it got worse from there.. the man I spoke to, who said he was a supervisor (so I assume he knew what he was talking about) also said that because we booked through jetblue, they would not be able to discuss anything with us about our reservations.. nor can I make any upgrades to our package, if we chose to, after check-in. (which I was already told otherwise by another disney agent) I feel like we were black listed for going through a third party rather than through them directly.

Yeesh, it's not like this was a cheap vacation or anything! I went through jetblue because it allowed my plane tickets to be a couple of hundreds less between all five of us.

Oh well, whatever. :sad2:

Thats surprising. People who book through AAA still get those luggage tags, and they are a third party. You have to go through AAA to make any changes, rather than Disney directly, just as you are describing with JetBlue. As for your docs, my agent told me to expect them 2-3 weeks out. ME tags are mailed separately.

Well, that was depressing.. I booked our whole vacation through Jetblue for the obvious reasons ($$$) and after calling Disney about the ID tags, was told that we won't get them because we didn't book through them directly. Then it got worse from there.. the man I spoke to, who said he was a supervisor (so I assume he knew what he was talking about) also said that because we booked through jetblue, they would not be able to discuss anything with us about our reservations.. nor can I make any upgrades to our package, if we chose to, after check-in. (which I was already told otherwise by another disney agent) I feel like we were black listed for going through a third party rather than through them directly.

Yeesh, it's not like this was a cheap vacation or anything! I went through jetblue because it allowed my plane tickets to be a couple of hundreds less between all five of us.

Oh well, whatever. :sad2:

We booked through a travel agent and still got the luggage tags. I don't know if there was a recent change or not.

You'll definitely be able to upgrade your tickets after you check in. I can't think of anything else you would need to upgrade.

Supervisor or not, phone CMs are notorious for giving out bad information, so I certainly wouldn't take what he said as gospel. He was right, though, about not being able to make changes to your reservation directly through Disney. You will need to go through Jet Blue.

I agree that you should be able to upgrade (assuming you mean to a better room or hotel) if you wanted to after check-in. Why would Disney deny you paying them more money :confused3

Im arriving Sept 10 and haven't recieved my docs yet either. I did get my ME tags about 3 weeks ago though. Perhaps I should call about mine.

I agree that you should be able to upgrade (assuming you mean to a better room or hotel) if you wanted to after check-in. Why would Disney deny you paying them more money :confused3

I know!! And I was told previously by another agent that I WOULD be able to make any upgrades I chose once we arrived at the hotel for check-in. This man said no. That any upgrades to our dining plan or hotel (view, more days, etc.) would have to be taken up with Jet blue. The only upgrade I could do, if I chose to, would be the tickets to the park, but that was it.

Weird, right? Teach me to not go through Disney directly, huh! :rolleyes:

I feel like we were black listed for going through a third party rather than through them directly.

Seriously....you're not being "black-listed." Anytime you book a trip, Disney or other, through a travel agent, which JetBlue is in this case, you have to make any and all changes through that travel agent. I'll assume that Disney has sent your package documents to JetBlue and they will have to forward them onto you. You should be calling them, not Disney.

You can also not make any Dining Plan changes to your package at check-in. All package changes, except for ticketing upgrades, must be made through your travel agent no later than 3 days prior to your arrival. This is standard for Disney. You can upgrade your tickets once you check-in and have your tickets (KTTW) card in hand.

This is probably the wrong place for this post, but I wasn't sure where to put it..

BUT, when should I be expecting those cool plastic luggage ID tags? They DO still send those out, right? They sent them to us earlier than this on our last trip some four years ago.. we're three weeks away from leaving and I still haven't gotten them. I received the yellow tags almost three weeks ago.:confused3

THere's something beyond the yellow Magic Express tags?

*I'll assume that Disney has sent your package documents to JetBlue and they will have to forward them onto you. You should be calling them, not Disney.*

Oh, I DID call Jetblue.. as Disney instructed. I'm not bashing Disney, just saying I feel so "left out on the front stoop" with the whole thing by not having gone through Disney. I miss that warm fuzzy feeling I used to get from Disney when I booked everything directly through them! LOL That's why I say this'll teach me not to do it again.. to save money or not! It's just not worth it! ;)

Jetblue says they do not get ANYTHING forwarded to them from Disney (as the disney agent suggested), and I asked her to please check with a manager to double check and she did.. came back with same answer. She tried to make me feel better by saying, "hey, but you saved money, right?" and I felt like that Geico commercial! :)

Oh, and I was told (apparently, wrongly) by a previous disney agent that once I checked-in at the hotel, I could make any changes I needed to. Upgrade wise. I was interested in upgrading our dining plan and that's what she was addressing, but the supervisor yesterday said that was not the case at all.

Oh well, no biggie. We'll have a blast regardless of luggage tags or anything else that may not go our way! :)

we are going on the the 9th and we just got ours in a few days ago. deffently call just to be safe

Oh, and I was told (apparently, wrongly) by a previous disney agent that once I checked-in at the hotel, I could make any changes I needed to. Upgrade wise. I was interested in upgrading our dining plan and that's what she was addressing, but the supervisor yesterday said that was not the case at all.

The first CM was incorrect. You cannot upgrade the dining plan at check in.

This is correct. Any upgrades before check in must be done through your travel agent.

BEFORE check-in, yes. But not after. I think the CM on the phone informed OP that they couldn't change anything once they arrived, even then it would have to be through JetBlue.

Oh yes, I totally booked a package!! Flights, resorts, park tickets and free dining plan! ;)

I'll call today and ask about them.. I know it must seem silly, but we loved having those little Disney ID Tags on our luggage! Like we were part of a special club or something! :)

Not silly at all! We look forward to getting ours too. It is just part of the whole Disney experience.

I would call though because our trip is 30 days out today :banana: and we got our luggage tags yesterday. They are soooo cute, a little complicated to split the center of the attachment, but doable.

Hope you get this resolved quickly!

Have fun!

Not silly at all! We look forward to getting ours too. It is just part of the whole Disney experience.

I would call though because our trip is 30 days out today :banana: and we got our luggage tags yesterday. They are soooo cute, a little complicated to split the center of the attachment, but doable.

Hope you get this resolved quickly!

Have fun!

Sorry, I hadn't finished reading other posts before responding. Just remember you are going to DISNEY!!! You will have the best time ever whether you have luggage tags or not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter