Plastic Disneyland Tickets

Here is what the tickets and fun card look like. There was also some kinda treasure hunt where you use a Nintendo DS at Disneyland..of no use to me. Also the coupons which I did not take a pic of. Sorry about the flash, a quick pic.

Jack

177359257-M.jpg

Just got back from DL and I had the plastic cards because I bought my passes at the Disney Store and that is what they sell. Ours had Peter Pan characters on them.

Well, let me tell you that Tuesday morning the computer was rejecting all the plastic cards as "expired"! It had the CM's at the gate scrambling. We had to stand and wait for one to issue us paper tickets. The group behind us had plastic Aladdin themed passes and had the same problem.

Did the lead CM give you a reason for this to happen? Was it another one of Disney's IT flukes. I wonder why the different pics on the cards. A number of others have had no problems.

Thanks,

Jack

We had the hard plastic tickets last Janurary. While we were waiting at the gate, a nice CM told us that we could use them for more than one early entry since they could not be punched to show you had used the early entry feature all ready. I don't know if that is still true, but it we went to two early entries in Jan.

I don't buy it. I don't think punching for EE is necessary anymore; everything is computerized now. Through the bar code, the computers know when you've entered the park, your first day of use (since PHs expire 13 days or so after the first day of use) and if and when you've used EE.

I just got my plastic PHs through my WDTC/AAA package today!

Did the lead CM give you a reason for this to happen? Was it another one of Disney's IT flukes. I wonder why the different pics on the cards. A number of others have had no problems.

Thanks,

Jack

I think it was an IT fluke. The cards have different pictures on them depending on how many days of hopping you bought. The peter pan theme were 4 days. I think the Aladdin ones were 3 day hoppers.

We were able to get in with no problem the first 3 days, it was our 4th day that we had problems. I think the other people were on day 2 of their 3 day pass.

Just got back from DL and I had the plastic cards because I bought my passes at the Disney Store and that is what they sell. Ours had Peter Pan characters on them.

Well, let me tell you that Tuesday morning the computer was rejecting all the plastic cards as "expired"! It had the CM's at the gate scrambling. We had to stand and wait for one to issue us paper tickets. The group behind us had plastic Aladdin themed passes and had the same problem.

So how do you prove that your ticket is still valid if this happens?

I guess we looked honest. And the problem was so widespread that the CM's knew something was up.

Being an IT person, I would think their computer system should be sophisticated enough that if needed, they could tell which days a ticket had been used.

I have a copy of the ticket purchase in my wallet just in case something goes wrong. We lost a PH two years ago and it only took a few minutes to get it replaced with the invoice.

Jack

I have vouchers I printed and I need to exchange them for tickets. I am staying at the Paradise pier. Is there a place at the hotel to exchange the vouchers for tickets? Or where do I exchange them at the theme park? Also if we want to use EE more then once because we are staying at PP, do we need to show our room key or something to get let in early a second day?

The voucher is taken to the gate and exchanged. You present them with your ticket and the "guest" slip that you are given at the hotel for the second day.

Jack

SunDD, did you take any precautions in transporting those flimsy pieces of paper from your printer that represented you *expensive* park tickets?

Or did you drive your own car...? I'm flying, just taking a carryon, and a bit worried that something will happen to my voucher (or whatever you call that thing that printed out) during the trip.:guilty:

We live in Phoenix and with 2 kids it was more economical to drive. Not a bad drive either. Anyways... my wife held the vouchers in her purse until we got to the gate. At which time all wax paper tickets were handed to me for FP marathon entries.

I would just keep the voucher you printed on you. Fold it up and tuck it into a pocket or purse. Or even slip it in your carry on. If you do put it in the carry on it might be a good idea to put them inside a ziplock bag in case a shampoo bottle or something decides to explode. If the vouchers do get lost or damaged I think you can always print another copy at the hotel.

Once you hit the gates a CM will exchange them for the paper card ticket. Then protect that with your life!

Those of you who printed the PDF versions of tickets (the full page ones) like I did....

I saved the PDF just in case I need to print another copy, as well as printing a nice color copy AND a couple of laser printer backups. Pack some in each bag! If you didn't save the PDF file, just photocopy your ticket sheets, as long as the barcode is crisp - no problem!

I keep copies of everything on a flash drive and if there are any problems, I can print the documentation at the hotel. Also a copy of the ticket or package invoice in my wallet..you never know when you may need that info.

Jack

Thank you for all this valuable info. I will save my tickets in a file to be printed off again if I need to. I will also be carrying all my tickets in a plastic zip lock bag in my carry on. I have 6 disney tickets, and a few other tickets printed off for different events. I never thought of how valuable all my printed off vouchers are, but I need to take good care of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter