Plantar Fasciitis...I just want to take off my shoes

I just got rid of my PF and miss being barefoot, but I'll do anything not to go through that pain again.

That being said, I did walk around barefoot quite a bit last week because we were on vacation at the beach. It didn't seem to do me any harm, thank goodness.

...just a vent...I want to walk around barefoot....:(

Dont do it! lol! I'm doing better now after a year. I love walking barefoot here at home. I bought some skecher tone ups flip flops and some sandle type slip on tone ups. I wear the slip on sandel type and its the closes to walking barefoot. Will we ever be normal-lol! I just know if i do walk barefoot my heels start to feel sore. Good luck

I do it all the time. Doctors differ on the barefoot thing. My orthopedist told me that he really did not think it mattered for me. (FWIW, I do not have fallen arches; in fact I have abnormally high arches, and that may make a difference.)

What really worked for me is ultrasound and PT, not special shoes. I need shoes with some arch support when I'm on my feet for long periods, true, but padding around the house barefoot is not an issue.

I do it all the time. Doctors differ on the barefoot thing. My orthopedist told me that he really did not think it mattered for me. (FWIW, I do not have fallen arches; in fact I have abnormally high arches, and that may make a difference.)

What really worked for me is ultrasound and PT, not special shoes. I need shoes with some arch support when I'm on my feet for long periods, true, but padding around the house barefoot is not an issue.

Oh no..barefoot kills me!! I also wore the wrong shoes the other day and my right foot is KILLING me

I'm in the midst of PT for this issue. My therapist told me as long as I continue to do my stretches that I should be able to return to normal once the pain is gone. This includes my heels and going barefoot. I'm hoping he's right.

I feel your pain! :hug: Well, actually, wearing shoes *all* of the time is what finally got my pain under control, so as much as you hate it, keep your shoes on!

I finally found that Fit Flops are the most comfortable shoes I can wear. Not barefoot but I definitely prefer the openness of a flip flop type of shoe.

I can't go barefoot anymore because of reconstructive surgery on my foot and ankle for a different problem, so I understand your pain. I also had planter poopyitis in my other foot and my surgeon told me to freeze a golf ball and then roll it under my foot. The golf ball is smaller than the typical tennis ball they have you roll so it is a better fit. Since it is frozen it helps reduce swelling in the area.

Plantar poopyitis is a pain in the foot and rear!

I had it about 20 years ago and once I got rid of it, I walk around barefoot all the time and never have an issue anymore. It took about 2 years to finally feel great again, but once I did, I have never had a problem since.

I had it once and it was really painful. I am very lucky that it never returned. I can't stand wearing shoes in the house. I understand the need but I'm lucky in that when it left, I could return to previous activity.

Dealing with PF as we speak. One of THE worst pains!!! I used to be a BIG TIME Crocs wearer. Seriously, everyday, all day. Then doctor told me to switch to a good sneaker and a arch support insert. That has helped a lot. I've had it since August of last year and when I'm wearing my sneakers now, my foot is only sore, not painful. But once I get to bed, my shoes come off and if I have to get up in the middle of the night for a bathroom break, I'm usually barefoot and I feel it the next day. :( So sometimes I keep a pair of Crocs next to me at night and I slip those on before heading to the bathroom. Seems to help. I just can't wait til I fully get rid of it.

PF is awful. I developed it last yr when I started running. I used to go barefoot indoors, but the PF pain is bad and comes back right away if I am not careful. In fact, when I go running, I have to make sure I roll out my arch before and after my run, or else it will hurt like crazy. Birkenstocks are my indoor shoe of choice for inside the house. We have HW floors, and even my DH, who doesn't have PF complains that they make his feet sore. If I know I am going to be on my feet all day while out, my asic nimbus 12's (they are now on 13) with custom insole are the only thing I can really wear to give me the support that I need.

I've been fighting off a flare up and I feel your pain. Barefoot is not a good idea.

I'm loving my Fit Flops, but I just ordered my 1st ever pair of Birks (under $60 with codes from Shoebuy!) and I hope they'll fit OK. I read somewhere here on the Dis that it may be a good idea to switch shoes now and then. It's on the Dis, so that must be true, right?! :) Anyway, maybe some new sandals that are PF-friendly will be good for your feet. Hope you feel better soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter