Plans for WL Cabins found

IMO just a GV addition to VWL. How they deal with the existing expiration date will be interesting. Adding all of the additional owners will really make booking a stay at VWL more difficult.

:earsboy: Bill

A quick comparison (via google) between the proposed VWL cabins and Kidani shows the furthest units proposed to be built at VWL to be almost exactly the same distance from the WL lobby as the end Kidani units are from the Kidani lobby... which is going to stink in the pouring rain. :D

Last edited:
If the cabins are placed closer together, reduced in size and built as duplexes, there should be room for at least 215 units. At 900 points a week, that will add at least 10,062,000 points to VWL. Now, this will be a truly unique offering that should command at least $185 per point, generating at least $1,861,470,000 in sales. Shortly after the member presale, we can increase the cost per point to generate over $2 billion dollars.

If the cabins are placed closer together, reduced in size and built as duplexes, there should be room for at least 215 units. At 900 points a week, that will add at least 10,062,000 points to VWL. Now, this will be a truly unique offering that should command at least $185 per point, generating at least $1,861,470,000 in sales. Shortly after the member presale, we can increase the cost per point to generate over $2 billion dollars.

The Mouse loves money and each DVC addition brings hundreds of millions of dollars in immediate income and additional millions over the next 50 years by a guaranteed customer.

You can see why selling DVC is a priority for Disney especially since DVC is self funded, there are zero costs to run the DVC and DVC resorts and Disney gets paid to manage the DVC.

So, what will this be called?

Will they just keep the current name?

http://i235.*************************************DVCLogos/VWL.png

Or perhaps come up with a new name?

http://i235.*************************************DVCLogos/WLVC.png

http://i235.*************************************DVCLogos/VCWL.png

I admit I don't know exactly how the proposed legislation may alter how developers will be able extend or terminate qualified timeshare properties. But I do know the existing laws already give developers some leeway in this area. For example, the VWL Master Declaration has this clause dealing with the merger of one condo association into another:

Section 19. Merger

This Declaration, the Association and the Common Elements of this Condominium described in this Declaration may be merged with the declaration of condominium, condominium association and common elements of another independent and separate condominium to form a single condominium with the consent of majority of the total number of voting interests and with the approval of all of the record owners of liens on the Units and Ownership Interests in the Units. If such consent and approval is obtained, a new or amended declaration of condominium, articles of incorporation and bylaws of the Association will be recorded and contain such provisions as are necessary to amend and modify the appurtenances to the Units and the percentages by which the Owners share the Common Expenses and own the Common Surplus and Common Elements in order to create a consolidated single condominium.

I am in no way saying that Disney could or would make any material changes to the existing VWL condo association. But I'm curious why a clause like this was inserted in a master declaration in the first place.

Get ready for the points per night to go up if combining two condo associations is possible!

I know, I know, some of you are saying "But they can't increase the total number of points for the resort overall. If they go up on some nightly points they have to go down somewhere else."

But that assumes the total number of points for the resort stays stagnant. Combine two condo associations and there's suddenly a whole lot more points to spread around.

Since VWL would now have considerably more points in total - reallocation could mean BLT, VGC, VGF and Poly type points for nightly stays.

Bring in the kind of points SpaceMountain77 is describing for the cabins, such that the initial points per night for them are so high that it tempers demand, and at some point they'll have to exercise their fiduciary responsibility to reallocate to mirror demand which could cause a reduction in cabin points and a significant increase in studio, 1BR & 2BR points!

I am hoping someone ( experts like Dean, wdrl, tjkraz, etc.) jump in here and tell us there's something to prevent this because I don't want to think what this could do to current point charts as they add units, or convert existing hotel rooms, to DVC at the deluxe resorts thereby giving a large infusion of points to existing resorts.

Looks like potential for construction chaos for up coming December trip. Wonder what parts they will start first. How did Poly play out. For example, did they do bungalows first?

So this is going to be the cabins added on only? No WL hotel rooms converted? Seems like it wouldn't be a whole lot of new points to sell, maybe a half million to a million depending.

Guess this officially means no Disneyland DVC additions for a while :(. I was hoping the moving of the dvc office was making room for a new Disneyland hotel tower

If this all happens and I think it will I wouldn,t be surprised if it raises resale prices for VWL after the completion.

So this is going to be the cabins added on only? No WL hotel rooms converted? Seems like it wouldn't be a whole lot of new points to sell, maybe a half million to a million depending.

A previous poster suggested the cabins could yield 10 million points. That seems way too high to me considering the Poly only has about 4 million total but I admit that I haven't sat down and done the math.

Tim on dvcnews.com has mentioned that several permits have been issued for WL of late leading to speculation that a fairly big project is at hand. It's difficult to know if those permits are all related to the cabin construction or room conversion as well as they are apparently fairly vague.

Disney wants to disclose as little as possible about this. The information that came out Friday regarding the cabins was disclosed in attempts to secure permits from the South Florida Water Management District which is all public record. The information disclosed only relates to modifications to the site or construction of new buildings that impact the soil and water. Nothing would need to be disclosed to SFWMD regarding the conversion of existing rooms since that won't impact SFWMD. That's why we see no info regarding any potential room conversions.

It has been surmised based on construction permits filed with Orange County for DPR Construction in late March and early May that are open until 2018 that there is lodge work going on also. Individuals with "inside info" have also supported this.

Although I strongly believe this is DVC related, it should also be noted that nothing in any of filings ever mentions DVC. The phrase "extension of the Wilderness Lodge Hotel" is however mentioned a few times.

Hmm, yes, I thought the cabins only would be too small of an addition. Looks like they're either converting some rooms, or, that "extension of the Wilderness Lodge Hotel" phrase could even mean another building on the monorail side of the resort, no? Fun to speculate.

Here is a look at the area to be developed.

http://i235.*************************************VWLPreOverlayDM.jpg

Here is the same with the plans overlaid.

http://i235.*************************************VWLOverlayDM.jpg

Hmm, that will provide some interesting choices for people looking to book a cabin. It looks like the cabins that will have the MK/fireworks view will be on the opposite side of the resort from all the amenities. But, those cabins look to have their own little parking lot, which could be extra convenient there. So would you choose a fireworks-view-and-seperate-parking cabin or a close-to-all-the-amenities cabin?

This would possibly be the worst change Dis could ever make to this property. I'm not sure what else they could do that would be worse from a theming perspective. Might as well just change the name if you're going to chop down all of the trees!

Could be a good reason to sell our contract and buy in to BC or BWV as we've been considering recently.

DVC Mike...those graphics are phenomenal! Thanks for taking the time to make them, as well as posting them on multiple threads on this topic. Nothing lays out the impact to the current resort as well as those graphics. :thumbsup2

I guess I can see Disney's perspective on maximizing returns on a particular property. And I do think that adding the bungalows (and the additional amenities) to WL/VWL will help elevate that resort to a similar status to other Deluxe resorts.

Makes me wonder if they'll put bungalows at AKV and get rid of the animals. After all, it seems that it's all about the bungalows these days. :confused:

DVC Mike...those graphics are phenomenal! Thanks for taking the time to make them, as well as posting them on multiple threads on this topic. Nothing lays out the impact to the current resort as well as those graphics. :thumbsup2

I guess I can see Disney's perspective on maximizing returns on a particular property. And I do think that adding the bungalows (and the additional amenities) to WL/VWL will help elevate that resort to a similar status to other Deluxe resorts.

Makes me wonder if they'll put bungalows at AKV and get rid of the animals. After all, it seems that it's all about the bungalows these days. :confused:

It seems to be about providing a product that the consumer will perceive as an elite experience, smaller than a GV but priced equal to or higher than a GV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter