Plans for the Muppet Studios

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by 101disneyfan, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

I wouldn't call it "news."

The MuppetVision CM does not know any more about this than park guests know. CMs read and discuss the same rumors that guests do.

Given the success of the enhancements to Disney California Adventure and the need to remain competitive with Universal, it's likely that DHS will get a major upgrade in the coming years. Imagineers have undoubtedly been asked to come up with various concepts.

Until Disney's top executives approve and fund something specific, what will be removed and what the project will include are just speculation.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2cinderella

mom2cinderella Shut up baby, I know it.

I would 10000 times rather have Muppet Land than Avatar whatever. *grumblegrumble*

4. Kristina4109

Kristina4109 Rocking my Disney side since 1976

The Muppets are so big right now that I can't imagine they'd take out Muppet*Vision completely. I don't know how ridiculously difficult it would be to move it to a new location, or rebuild it elsewhere. But it just doesn't make sense to bulldoze it with the success of the recent film and the next one coming out soon!

5. cel_disney

cel_disney DIS Veteran

I think that there may be some was to Marry up the muppets with Star Wars and create a new movie so that they can stay! My kids LOVE to watch muppet/star wars combos ....from season 4 of he muppet show all the way to muppet babies do Star Wars (Luke Skyhopper anyone?) - we would all like that in this house! !

6. Yellowstonetim

Yellowstonetim DIS Veteran

A new version of Pigs In Space with a Star Wars angle. Could be good.

A long time a go, in a pig sty far far away...

Wocka wocka!
    :darth: :yoda:

7. Merida DunBroch

Merida DunBroch I will fight, I will fly, taste the wind and touch

I'd be so sad if the Muppets went away. I've always loved my favorite marionette-puppets :(

8. rccllap

rccllap Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

Wouldn't it be lovely if someone's tone of voice could be indicated in type. That would prevent me from thinking that your name should be edited slightly, from horse collar, to horse's a**.

THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS BOARD IS SPECULATION. That's one of the fun parts!

And you don't actually know that the CM I spoke with wasn't a member of the design team, or the Imagineering team, or...heck it could have been Iger himself.

It wasn't.

But it could have been.

So your snotty little reply really doesn't fit the tone of imagination and fun that is the spirit of Disney and this board.

With that out of the way...It's been well known for some time that a major expansion is on the way for the Studios. They will complete the Avatar theming in AK and move to the next large scale project, which will be a wonderful new addition to the theme park experience. We can all just hope that our beloved Muppets aren't sacrificed to that eventual end.

9. jeffbear

jeffbear DIS Veteran

If Jim Henson hadn't dies so suddenly and early, I firmly believe that there would have been a LOT more Muppet presence at the parks. Sadly the remaining family and Disney took forever to get working agreements hammered out and took away all momentum the brand ever had.

Sad ... I love the Muppets deeply and would have absolutely adored a Muppets-themed restaurant where Pizza Planet is now, as go the old rumors.

10. Fantaluminishes

Fantaluminishes To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Bob Iger as a "Muppetvision CM". Now that would be news. LOL. Your defensive response to Horace was a bit out of line. You DID say you spoke to a "Muppetvision CM". I'm quite sure there aren't any designers, imagineers, or Disney executives working the queue at MV360 these days. It's been a LONG time since the attraction opened.

11. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

This is a discussion forum. When something is labeled as "news," the question of whether it's really news seems like a legitimate thing to discuss. Nothing I wrote is a personal attack. I'm not sure how my comments warrant the suggestion that I'm a "horse's a**."

I agree that speculation and discussion can be fun. That's why I took the time to discuss.

I actually felt bad that a MuppetVision CM broke someone's heart "into about a million pieces," despite the fact that the removal of MuppetVision is by no means a certainty. It's only a rumor, not news, at this point.

I'm genuinely sorry that my words came across as a "snotty little reply," rather than as normal discussion of a topic on a discussion forum.

12. oldtink

oldtink Mouseketeer

Ooookay, time for a breather here.
    I just wanted to point out that the muppets were never OUT of fashion. Generations of children have grown up with Sesame Street, and while they don't know the show characters as well, they are still a common entity.
    Do I want to see it updates? Sure
    Do I still go each time I see it? Sure, just like I watch reruns of the old show.

Do I like to watch verbal fighting on a site where we all love Disney? Not particularly. :(