Plans for finishing the 2nd part of Pop Century?

They are just waiting until 2050, the new sections will be the 0s 10's 20's 30's and 40's of this millenia.

Everything I've read suggest sales are going good. Does anyone think Disney will leave money on the table?

Are DSSR and the AKLV even sold out yet? If Disney still has 3 properties that aren't even sold out, they might want to hold off on building another one.

I'm pretty sure that SSR and AKV were sold out - prior to Kidani and THV opening as extensions. Not sure about AKV any more - SSR might have sold out again as it wasn't a lot of points being added compared to Kidani.

I'm sure as they see capacity levels for BLT and the DVC in general at WDW they will think where to build next at WDW and BLTII is what they are thinking. It makes sense since the building includes a lot of symetric shapes. However it won't have the same MK views but it does provide the same proximity to MK that guests enjoy.

However disney may not need more delx lodging for a while since the 4seasons is being built and somthing else which is on an island of property within WDW. I think it is a Waldorf Astoria branded hotel but can't remember. While these hotels won't have all the Disney touched for the prices they charge and the spending ability of the guests they won't need things like ME they can ride in limos everywhere.

Same thing with the Value resorts. They stopped buidling Pop because they had plenty of value lodging and couldn't add 50% more in one "pop".

They simply need to keep demand up before they can expand. With the deals they've been running for the last couple years it's clear they aren't happy with the numbers.

However disney may not need more delx lodging for a while since the 4seasons is being built and somthing else which is on an island of property within WDW. I think it is a Waldorf Astoria branded hotel but can't remember. While these hotels won't have all the Disney touched for the prices they charge and the spending ability of the guests they won't need things like ME they can ride in limos everywhere.

Yes, there is a Waldorf Astoria and at least one timeshare property (Wyndham? I think it changed names at one point) over on the Bonnet Creek property, which is landlocked within WDW but isn't Disney property. I even saw plans for yet another development down there.

I think W/A and 4S cater to a completely different crowd than even the Disney Deluxe resorts do.

I think with the Four Seasons and Waldorf on or near property we'll see the GF go (at least partially) DVC.

I think the 4Seasons and Waldorf do cater to the same customers as the Disney delux resorts. What choice have they had? Did any of them repeat their visits? The prices of a 4Seasons are quite inline with the delux resorts at WDW.

Symmetry. Contemporary had two wings. Contemporary needs two towers to regain the symmetry it used to have.

Everything I've read suggest sales are going good. Does anyone think Disney will leave money on the table?

I don't remember where I read the rumor but I thought it was a given. Parking might be an issue but I'm sure it can be solved. A valet lot can be moved to a variety of places.

This is the rumor board. If not a second Contemporary tower where would the next DVC go. GF? Poly?

Well, the Contemporary had symmetry until an abomination of architectural design Miami Beach condo tower replaced the north garden wings.

This is indeed the rumor board, and while we don't need much of a basis to constitute a 'rumor', it does need to be more than just some fanboy dreaming of what they would do as Disney CEO. There's a difference between rumors (which have some basis, however flimsy, for thinking they might be correct) and fanboy dreams (which is just someone thinking out loud or making stuff up). Speculation, based on sales and the unbeatable location, might be a basis for thinking a second tower is a real possibility, but that's not much to go on. Indeed, we actually have more basis for the "5th gate" theme park rumors than a new BLT.

The next DVC will be in Hawaii. We also know Disney has property near Washington D.C., presumably for a DVC and/or related development. It seems a safe assumption that there will be a new DVC in Walt Disney World in the next few years. The Contemporary (or anywhere, really) will always be a possibility, but I remember it being reported that Disney "has plans" for a Grand Floridian DVC. Whether that will ever happen or is even a true statement we don't know, but at least we have some rationale for calling it a 'rumor'.

Regarding the unfinished half of Pop Century, wasn't there something stated along the lines of "DVC didn't want to pay for the demolition"? No reason it would have to be a "value resrot DVC"; It is a prepared building site however, ready for something to be done with it.

Waldorf=Astoria and the Four Seasons don't cater to the same customers as DVC

No, they don't, but more importantly there was a thread around here recently that the Four Seasons didn't seem to be proceeding with development of the actual resort, or at least not much so far beyond the entrance and individua residences. Anyone know more? What's going on with the Four Seasons, or is it as stillborn as Flamingo Crossings (a project that hopefully stays dead)?

I'm not going to take the time to search but I read about the second DVC tower on the interet, I think on DIS. I don't remember the basis of the rumor. I thought it was a given that Disney had plans ready to go if they thought a second tower made sense. Maybe it was just speculation.

I'm not saying the Miami Beach condo tower was an improvement. I suspect it was better then building some kind of high rise at the GF or POLY.

The reality is many of rumors on DIS come from bus drivers. Speculation based on logic is at least as credible as bus driver rumors. I normally list something as speculation if it's something that sounds possible to me. I list something as a rumor if I read about it.

DVC at Hawaii and Washington DC won't take away from DVC sales at WDW. Do you think DVC will intentionally have nothing to sell at WDW and be happy with selling Hawaii and Washington? I don't know how long before Bay Lake Tower sells out. The faster is sells out the more likely a second one will go up. The longer it takes the greater the chance Disney looks somewhere else.

I don't know the status of the Four Seasons. I remember Disney did whatever they had to do to remove the land from Reedy Creek.

It would make some sense to delay construction.

Well, the Contemporary had symmetry until an abomination of architectural design Miami Beach condo tower replaced the north garden wings.

This is indeed the rumor board, and while we don't need much of a basis to constitute a 'rumor', it does need to be more than just some fanboy dreaming of what they would do as Disney CEO. There's a difference between rumors (which have some basis, however flimsy, for thinking they might be correct) and fanboy dreams (which is just someone thinking out loud or making stuff up). Speculation, based on sales and the unbeatable location, might be a basis for thinking a second tower is a real possibility, but that's not much to go on. Indeed, we actually have more basis for the "5th gate" theme park rumors than a new BLT.
No, they don't, but more importantly there was a thread around here recently that the Four Seasons didn't seem to be proceeding with development of the actual resort, or at least not much so far beyond the entrance and individua residences. Anyone know more? What's going on with the Four Seasons, or is it as stillborn as Flamingo Crossings (a project that hopefully stays dead)?

I was staying at the POP the week of 4/13-4/20 and they were for sure a lot of activity going on over at the unfinished section. My room was facing in that direction and I'd say a good portion of my stay there were trucks, workers, etc. :confused3

I started to think about how some poster have mentioned Moderate and Value DVC rooms. The CSR has 1 and two bedroom suites. And ASM has rooms that sleep 6.

CSR is more to the business focus since it has a convention facility. I think the rooms may even be called business suites.

I was staying at the POP the week of 4/13-4/20 and they were for sure a lot of activity going on over at the unfinished section. My room was facing in that direction and I'd say a good /portion of my stay there were trucks, workers, etc. :confused3

I was at pop 4/17-23 and I only saw work being done on the finished side where they were rehabbing rooms and had contracted power washers on site.

I did not see anything happening in the unfinished portion. However a food and beverage manager I know from Pleasure Island is now working at the Pop, basically there are now two people being paid for the same role--and he has been advised he will be there until 2012. He is happy since he is still employed after his job was eliminated, he told me he thinks he is being trained so he can open the other side of the Pop. He did say that the theming will probably be redone--since the decade has rolled while the building sat empty. I don't know if he was just blowing smoke, hoping and dreaming, or if he has had some higher level discussions.

He did also say they were looking at revisiting all the sugar/desserts on the dining plan and creating other options--since so many people take bags of treats home.

I was staying at the POP the week of 4/13-4/20 and they were for sure a lot of activity going on over at the unfinished section. My room was facing in that direction and I'd say a good portion of
my stay there were trucks, workers, etc. :confused3

They are using the LEGENDARY YEARS side as a staging ground for the room refurb on the "OPEN" side (CLASSIC YEARS) ... New furniture, carpet, TV's, mattresses etc.. All stored on the other side and brought over as needed.

That's what that was.

I was at pop 4/17-23 and I only saw work being done on the finished side where they were rehabbing rooms and had contracted power washers on site.

I did not see anything happening in the unfinished portion. However a food and beverage manager I know from Pleasure Island is now working at the Pop, basically there are now two people being paid for the same role--and he has been advised he will be there until 2012. He is happy since he is still employed after his job was eliminated, he told me he thinks he is being trained so he can open the other side of the Pop. He did say that the theming will probably be redone--since the decade has rolled while the building sat empty. I don't know if he was just blowing smoke, hoping and dreaming, or if he has had some higher level discussions.

He did also say they were looking at revisiting all the sugar/desserts on the dining plan and creating other options--since so many people take bags of treats home.

I'm told, if and when work over there does begin, a re-theming is virtually guaranteed.. Whether or not it follows Jim Hill's "Animation Inn & Suites" idea or something else entirely.. nobody really knows at this point.

I hope the powers at WDW monitor this site. Unless the new theme is Life After People or The Chernobyl Years or The 9th Ward, this is a real eyesore. Maybe instead it will be the Lost Disney Resort with the Discovery Island Wing, the Backlot Wing, the Crumbled Wand on the Side of the Road Wing and the River Country Wing where the pool would have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter