• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning to visit Canada……need help!

izeres

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I was planning a trip to Canada with my family. I don’t have much idea on that place and I am still preparing my plans to visit the country. I would like to know from the travelers as what are the places I should be visiting there and any suggestions and advices would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, I was planning a trip to Canada with my family. I don’t have much idea on that place and I am still preparing my plans to visit the country. I would like to know from the travelers as what are the places I should be visiting there and any suggestions and advices would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Canada is a big country - you did not say what part you were planning to visit.

Niagara on the Lake is 20 minutes away from Niagara Falls and is full of B&B's, wineries, restaurants and shopping.

Toronto is another 90 minutes from there and is a big beautiful city with a lot to do.

Montreal is 90 minutes from the Vermont border.

Vancouver is a vibrant beautiful city.

You would probably get more responses if you were more specific on what area you wanted to go and what kind of activities you are looking for.

Thanks in advance!

How do I ask this tactfully, is this post for real?

Your post makes it sound like we Canadians are from another planet or something - "...that place." We are attached to your country...just sayin'.:rolleyes1

We are one of the biggest countries in the world, so visiting "...that place" in one visit, is impossible.

As mentioned above, not enough info provided for anyone to help you. Not sure why it's on the DVC forum either?

Tiger :confused3

Please post details of your general plans. Are you looking to use RCI? I have traveled to several parts of Canada and absolutely loved them all. I will say that the people of Canada are just as wonderful as the sights.

Thanks in advance!

What country are you coming to Canada from and how are you planning to travel? Train, planes, cars, dogsled, bicycle, walking tours?

Also, what time of year?

How long do you plan to visit?

Are you interested in Scenery?

City life? Food and restaurants? Theater?

History or historical events?

Sports, fishing, hunting, whale watching?

Cultural activities?

What languages do you speak?

What do you know about Canada that you want to build a trip on?

Also - what is your budget for how many people and what ages?

What kind of accommodations are you looking for?

I have friends who were born in remote parts of the world and their relatives come and visit and say they want to see America. They talk about visiting NYC, SF, Chicago, Hollywood, DisneyWorld. When the country you live in can be crossed in less than 12 hours by car, you don't think about how big a country like the US or Canada really is!

Most countries could probably be dropped in the middle of Texas and no one would notice for a few weeks.

My husband and I once took a vacation to Vancouver and Vancouver Island. We loved it. We spent a few nights in the city of Vancouver, a few nights in Victoria and a few nights in Tofino, which is a small, isolated village in the temperate rainforest on Vancouver Island. There are other parts of Canada I would to see, but that is my only visit to date.

Canada is a great country and you could really enjoy yourself out there if you have got a well planned trip. Any trip needs to be well-planned if you want to enjoy it completely. The unspoiled beauty of Canada's wilderness has been the playground for adventurers and vacationers alike for generations. It's exactly the kind of natural majesty that continually has visitors returning north of the border. I would recommend a visit to Montreal from the cities there as that is quite a good one. One more thing that I would advice would be getting a good accommodation there prior to your visit, as you would not be in trouble later. You can check out Montreal Executive Suites accommodation needs.

There are many places to visit in our country - do you have a general idea of which part of the country you are planning to visit and how long you are planning to spend in Canada?

The person who started this only has 1 post. We either scared them away or they were only trying to post a question as a test. Hopefully they return when they have some Disney related questions. Also welcome to the other 1st time poster.

Well......I didn't start the post...but....I want to go to Canada! DH has been to Raymond in Alberta once with his Grandmother to visit the area where she grew up.

Wouldn't mind going to that area. We live in Wyoming -- so a drive North seems logical. Would like to see the Falls sometime. Also would like to see the Anne of Green Gables area sometime. I realize that realistically, I just described 3 separate trips, because after all, it's a BIG country! But, I live in Wyoming, so I understand BIG and wide open spaces.... and no would not be using RCI. Would use Marriott points if possible.

I do need to get passports for DH & DSes... do we need anything else to visit Canada? like travel visas?

Since we already have a forum for this very purpose, let's move this thread over to the Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board.

Well......I didn't start the post...but....I want to go to Canada! DH has been to Raymond in Alberta once with his Grandmother to visit the area where she grew up.

Wouldn't mind going to that area. We live in Wyoming -- so a drive North seems logical. Would like to see the Falls sometime. Also would like to see the Anne of Green Gables area sometime. I realize that realistically, I just described 3 separate trips, because after all, it's a BIG country! But, I live in Wyoming, so I understand BIG and wide open spaces.... and no would not be using RCI. Would use Marriott points if possible.

I do need to get passports for DH & DSes... do we need anything else to visit Canada? like travel visas?

Well it would depend on when you're going. For example, if you decide to visit Alberta in the summer it can be quite nice. But in the winter it's a bundle up time. Giant winter jackets, hats, gloves, boots, the whole shebang.

And I'm pretty sure you don't need a travel visa to get across the border. Especially if you're driving. I'd say that your passport's are enough to get in.

I'm not the OP- but we are going to Vancouver for our DCL cruise in May. We will have two days in Vancouver before the cruise.... I'd love some recommendations on eateries, hotels, and "must sees"....

There are some Canadian Dissers that will be able to give you some great ideas, but you will be visiting one beautiful city, and two days is not enough. The drive to Whistler is so beautiful, visiting Stanley Park, downtown area is so nice etc...... I am sure that someone here will give you the best course of action for you. Enjoy this gem of a city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter