Planning TDR trip Summer 2016

tdonald

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I'll be visting Tokyo Disney for the first time this summer. I've been to Disneyland is Anaheim twice and am a Walt Disney World veteran (I've been 150 or so times... I've really lost count). I've been doing a lot of research on the parks and reading blogs and these forums which are super helpful... but I would love some feedback (and critique) directly from all of you that know these parks better than I do!

My plan is to be there June 28, 29, 30 and July 1 (Tuesday through Friday). As of now, I'll be at Disney Sea (with someone) for the first day, probably also with them for the second day (at Disneyland), by myself for my third park day, and probably meeting them again in a park for my final evening (Friday night). (Side question: Space Mountain will be closed for refurb starting on Tuesday, so is it remotely worth it to try to also go Monday evening into Disneyland on a After 6 Passport to get a ride on it? I assume the line would be pretty long and no FPs.)

With four days in the parks, what are your "must dos" for attractions, meals, snacks, drinks, shopping, etc. that I might not know about or just are unique to the Tokyo parks? Thanks for all info!

Hi !
Great program. 4 days is perfect to do everything ! We stood 3 days 2 years ago and already had a good overview of the parks. Tokyo Disney Sea with the Ariel Area, Arabic Area, and volcano areas are just amazing, and really different from all the things you've seen in Anaheimi or Orlando. To me, it's the most beautiful of the disney parks.

When i visited, the longest lines where for Toy Story Mania and Monster Inc Ride and go Seek. About monster inc : we ran to the fastpass machines at the opening hour, and got a ticket for two hours later. One hour after the park was opened, there was no more fastpass available for the ride...

I wouldn't knock myself out just to do Space Moiuntain again.

Quick tips:

Ask for the front row on Journey to the Center of the Earth. Makes a difference. You can probably ask in English, but a simple phrase book should help you to ask in Japanese.
Ask for a map in English for the Fortress Exploration. You will not see it on your own, and it will take them a moment to even find one, but they have them. It makes a great free souvenir plus it's super helpful in exploring the place so you don't miss anything significant.

Do go see Mystic Rhythms.

check out any special summertime shows. I sw one that was a total blast, and we saved it for the end of the day because we got really, really wet during the show.

If they are doing the lottery for the Broadway show, go near the end of the day when the line has vanished. No point on standing on a long lin just for the chance of getting a ticket. This strategy has worked twice for me- just in case there is a higher chance of getting a ticket at the very end.

Eat lunch early, especially if you want to go to Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. This is the one place where Japanese efficiency takes a vacation. Even a few people totaly bog down the line.

Magellan is beautiful inside, but the food is not special and the service is very slow.

Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain have single rider. Ask for that. They will probably seat you togehter anyway.

Use FP all the time. As soon as you can get another one, do it. Make sure you go to Aquatopia early since there is no FP. IN TDS, I would do Journey first, then Aquatopia.

Thanks for all the responses! I really appreciate it.

We had to move up the schedule by a day (so now Monday-Thursday) and will be be going to Disneyland on Monday. We won't be there until at least the early afternoon... hoping there will still be FPs for Space Mountain but if not it won't be the end of the world. Hoping to be there by 2-3pm if all goes well. Any tips on a first-day late-arrival at Disneyland?

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter