Planning stay at BWV

natanya

Earning My Ears
We already have our points rented and reservations made. Now it is down to the nitty gritty. We have reserved a 2BR Deluxe(or preferred) view.
We plan to arrive Sunday and stay off site Sun night ( 7/30) so we can arrive bright and early Mon am. We are booked for BWV through 8/4.
First, would like to request a prime room location (although we may not get it can't hurt to ask). Any past BWV guests have room location suggestions and numbers? Although we have requested a pool view at this time, I am thinking the BW view may be better. But would also like to be close to the elevator.

Which brings us to the next question. How many floors are there? If we can get on the second floor, stairs wouldn't be bad. But if the views are better on the higher floor, we can walk.

I hope this isn't too all over the place. Thanks for any suggestions.

Be careful - we rented points 2x at BWV and ended up loving it so much, we joined DVC ;) ! The 2 BR villas are so convenient and roomy - and we love having the washer/dryer and kitchen. BW view is a separate 'category' when rented and is noted on your reservation. We once were upgraded from Std view to Pref view and had a nice view of the canal and Swan/Dolphin. If memory serves me right, I believe there are 5 floors (at least I know our room # was 5...(something) when we were on the top floor). I'm happy with Std or Pref for quick trips, but when the whole fam comes together in a 2br they are spoiled by the BW view. If you have kids, be sure and check out the community center by the quiet pool - ours have loved spending time there.
Hope you enjoy BWV as much as we do- there is always something to do/see there! :thumbsup2 :smooth:

natanya said:
We already have our points rented and reservations made. Now it is down to the nitty gritty. We have reserved a 2BR Deluxe(or preferred) view.
We plan to arrive Sunday and stay off site Sun night ( 7/30) so we can arrive bright and early Mon am. We are booked for BWV through 8/4.
First, would like to request a prime room location (although we may not get it can't hurt to ask). Any past BWV guests have room location suggestions and numbers? Although we have requested a pool view at this time, I am thinking the BW view may be better. But would also like to be close to the elevator.

Which brings us to the next question. How many floors are there? If we can get on the second floor, stairs wouldn't be bad. But if the views are better on the higher floor, we can walk.

I hope this isn't too all over the place. Thanks for any suggestions.
Assume you already know that you need to contact the member you rented your points from to add view requests to the reservation. The DVC resorts do not accept faxes and FWIW, since the BWV are so popular, they mostly preassign rooms there, so it's not likely you or the CM checking you in will have choices when you check in. It's not a good idea to request specific room numbers - especially if you are arriving on a Monday. (Most rooms turn over at the DVC resorts on Friday, Saturday & Sunday). If the room(s) you list are not vacant when you are scheduled to check in, the rooms assigner will have no idea why you wanted those particular rooms. I'm not sre MS will even take requests for a specific room. More than you wanted to know - sorry.

The rooms overlooking the Boardwalk are a special reservable category. If your confirmation does not say Boardwalk view, you won't get one. Members generally reserve those early in the booking period so my guess is that you have a Preferred View - Pool/Garden room.

If you don't want to use the stairs (or if you are traveling with strollers, wheelchairs, ECVS or anyone who can't easily use the stairs), ask to be close to the elevators. There are 4 or 5 floors at the BWV, depending on the wing. Some of the BWV rooms are a bit of a hike from the elevators. If you don't mind stairs, there are lots of stairways scattered throughout the resort that provide convenient "shortcuts" - to the Boardwalk area, the pools, the walkway to MGM, etc. We peronally like the higher floors as far from the elevators as we can get. The rooms farthest from the elevators are very quiet - no hallway noise!

Anyway, there are three main "view areas" for the PV-Pool/Garden. 1- overlooking Luna Park (feature pool with the clown slide), 2- overlooking the quiet pool & Community Hall and 3 - overlooking the new croquet lawn.

Almost all of the rooms (in all three areas) will also have a view of the canal/waterway leading to MGM and you will also see the Swan/Dolphin resorts, as well as some nice landscaping and flowers. IMHO, they are all very nice and they all have a balcony or patio.

We love the BWV - have a wonderful time!

Best wishes -

the new croquet lawn.
There's a croquet lawn at BWV now?

We reserved BoardWalk view for the first time, this year, after many years of staying in standard view rooms. I hate pool view rooms, so was very glad when the separated BoardWalk view from other preferred view rooms.

bicker said:
There's a croquet lawn at BWV now?

We reserved BoardWalk view for the first time, this year, after many years of staying in standard view rooms. I hate pool view rooms, so was very glad when the separated BoardWalk view from other preferred view rooms.

It's where the DVC offices used to be, they tore down the red building. It's along the canal, kind of behind Jellyrolls to the right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter