Planning stages for Discovery Cove in November...

mom2rose&john

DIS Veteran
Planning our first trip to Discovery Cove and would love some input and advice. Our tentative dates are Nov 10 – Nov 16 2016. We are staying at Marriot Cypress Harbour and renting a car. We are planning on Doing the dolphin swim and adding SW, Aquatica and Busch Gardens to the package. We plan on visiting BG’s once, SW twice and Aquatica once (possible twice). So here goes all my questions…TIA!!

Are there any special events that would prevent a park from being open on those dates?

Are there crowd calendars for SW, BG and Aquatica (similar to MDE)?

Is November too cold to do Aquatica in the mornings?

Should we do Discovery Cove first, last or middle?

How fun is Discovery Cove if it’s in the 60’s (keep in mind that we are from Buffalo NY and swim in Lake Erie when it’s in the 60’s and water temp is also in the high 60’s)?

Can you visit SW and Aquatica on the same day or is there a one park per day limit?

Should we use the free transportation or drive ourselves to Busch Gardens? Where can I get information on the shuttle to BG’S?

Busch Gardens is open from 10-6 during that time frame. Will that be enough time?

Should we purchase quick que for Busch Gardens if we are only going for one day?

"mom2rose&john

our first trip to Discovery Cove and would love some input and advice. Our tentative dates are Nov 10 – Nov 16 2016. We are staying at Marriot Cypress Harbour and renting a car. We are planning on Doing the dolphin swim and adding SW, Aquatica and Busch Gardens to the package. We plan on visiting BG’s once, SW twice and Aquatica once (possible twice). So here goes all my questions…TIA!!

Are there any special events that would prevent a park from being open on those dates?

could be wrong, but going from memory for seem to recall DC is closed 11/8 - 11/10, check out the their calendar to be sure.

Are there crowd calendars for SW, BG and Aquatica (similar to MDE)?

check out undercovertourist and touringplans, google might produce additional possibilities

Is November too cold to do Aquatica in the mornings?

depends on the weather haha. We've done it in October and early December. Wetsuits help to keep you warm, the sunshine will warm u up

Should we do Discovery Cove first, last or middle?

They don't often cancel a date due to weather, but i'd suggest booking early in the trip jik

How fun is Discovery Cove if it’s in the 60’s (keep in mind that we are from Buffalo NY and swim in Lake Erie when it’s in the 60’s and water temp is also in the high 60’s)?

my people, same thought process here, you will be fine. There is no wind off the lake with which to contend.

Can you visit SW and Aquatica on the same day or is there a one park per day limit?

no sure, would guess yes

Should we use the free transportation or drive ourselves to Busch Gardens? Where can I get information on the shuttle to BG’S?

i posted link here last week, check out the stickies at top of the page. You need to make a reservation thru Mears. We tend to drive, just because we like to be there close to park opening time.

Busch Gardens is open from 10-6 during that time frame. Will that be enough time?

hmmm, if park doesn't open until 10 am, the bus may work out well for you. They will give you pickup time when you book and should be able to provide when u need to be back @ the bus. Reports are typically at least an hour before park closure

Should we purchase quick que for Busch Gardens if we are only going for one day?

Other than Veteran's day, should be slow. Last year we went partial 1st & 2nd weeks to the parks (not BG). 1st was crowded - Jersey week, also a Disney race. Crowds dropped dramatically on the Tuesday afterwards.[/QUOTE]

I did Discovery Cove last year or my birthday in the first week of November and it was fantastic! The day wasn't too bad, slightly overcast in the morning but it got better as the day went on. I even wore the vest rather than the wetsuit and I wasn't too cold, although be prepared for the Grand Reef as the water is colder in there for the fish and it was a shock to the system the first time I went in! I'm Australian too and was living in Florida at the time so I'm not a natural cold water swimmer either - so you should be just fine.

I'll just add that Discovery Cove has a guest cap so it doesn't ever feel packed and overwhelming but that the day I went it wasn't at capacity and that was so fantastic. I never had to wait for anything, the longest line I was ever in was for my lunch and I waited all of about one minute to get served! I never had to fight for a beach chair or hammock when I wanted to chill out with a cocktail and I had no problem getting a shower at the end of the day. So going in November definitely has a lot of extra benefits there.

We were at Discovery Cove last week when it was a high of 71 and super windy. With a wetsuit everyone was fine. The water temp is 85 for freshwater and the seawater pools are significantly cooler but not bad. Being out of the water was chilly, but in the water was just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter