Planning session

Vane13

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I recently turned in my planning kit. We are meeting our wedding planner on May 31st. I was wondering what I should be doing to prepare for that session and what I should take with me that day. Any advice any of you could offer would be amazing!

Gather inspiration pictures, paint chips, fabric swatches anything that helps show your vision!

Have fun! Your planner will guide you through everything!

Also, bring all your questions! Your planner will be a wealth of knowledge and face to face conversation is so much better than email. Have pictures of your dress, flowers you want for bouquets and arrangements, your bridesmaids dresses, etc for the florist. Pictures really help the florists give you what you want. Oh, and have fun!

Also, bring all your questions! Your planner will be a wealth of knowledge and face to face conversation is so much better than email. Have pictures of your dress, flowers you want for bouquets and arrangements, your bridesmaids dresses, etc for the florist. Pictures really help the florists give you what you want. Oh, and have fun!

Than, you thinydancr!!! I have started a pinterest board o show my planner everything I like. =) I'm hoping there is wifi or else my plan is going to back fire hehehe

I wouldn't rely on just Pinterest. Print out pics so they have a reference later on in the process. Also, swatches of dress colors is very helpful.

I wouldn't rely on just Pinterest. Print out pics so they have a reference later on in the process. Also, swatches of dress colors is very helpful.

This is totally right. You will want to have copies of your pictures to leave with the florist and the planner. They will want them, I promise! I printed out a lot from my Pinterest so you can still use the this you've pinned :) there were a few that I even forgot to print out so I emailed them after the planning session. They work with hundreds of different weddings so you want them to have what you want on hand so they remember! :)

We just finished our Planning Session last Tuesday. Basically the planner will go down a checklist. They also go through the planning guide you sent back to them. We had our wedding binder, questions written down and blank paper to write on. We had pics of the centerpiece ideas and my fiancé bouquet for the floral planner as well. For the tastings take pics of each item so you can reference them. The planner will take notes on what you like and don't like at the tastings. Also a pic of your dress, swatch of your bridesmaid dresses and am idea of what the groomsmen will wear. They also offer toasting flutes and a cake knife and server for purchase if you want.

You guys are amazing!! Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I have a lot to get together then in the next two weeks. ::eeeekkkkkk::

Are you having a wishes wedding or reception? You may want to ask for a menu tasting.

Try to take at least two of all your samples, such as swatches, printouts, etc. That way, you can give one to your planner and one to the florist. Don't forget to bring a pad and paper for yourself so you can take notes. When your beo arrives, you'll want to compare what you've written down with what's on your beo to make sure it's what you wanted and that nothing is missing,

You're probably too late for a tasting because they take 2-4 weeks advance notice, last i heard. But if you're able to come down for another visit, you could ask your planner if that could be arranged for another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter