• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

planning session scheduled can't get resort reservations yet

cinder1

Mouseketeer
My daughter's planning session has been scheduled for March 9, 2016, yes right in the middle of spring break. We have tried 4 times now to make resort reservations through the Wedding Reservations line. At first we were told the 2016 resort availability would be released to the Wedding Reservations people in mid September but now we are being told they have no idea when the dates will become available.

We wouldn't be that concerned if it wasn't in the middle of spring break. We are not able to book a deluxe resort for the trip so it is important to get a value room while they are still available. Anyone have info on when they usually release this info to the wedding people? My daughter's assigned wedding coordinator is out of the office until the end of the week so she can't get her even by email.

She also asked for a site visit the day before the planning session or the morning of the planning session. The PS is at 9 am but the sites we want to look at are the WP and Narcoossee's. We have not seen Narcoossee's in person and we would like to before we plan any decor. We did not think this would be a big deal but her wedding coordinator told my daughter she was unavailable the day before but we could get dinner reservations at Narcoossee's if we wanted to see it. What?? We don't care who shows us around and since the sites are right there, I don't understand why someone can't meet us either the day before the PS or that morning. We are beginning to question the service we are getting which is weird considering we have been very laid back about everything so far, especially compared to what some people seem to ask for and get.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You should just book a room through the regular reservations line or website and transfer it over to the wedding discount later.

I would book my own room.im not sure if that's what you are saying that thru weddings you are trying to make a resort ressie or that dates are but out on Disney.com for spring 2016 (which seems very odd). Get a reservation and you can always cancel if something better comes up?

And typically when you can do a site visit, they are going to focus on venues you can't usually see on your own. Narcoosees is very doable on your own. I see more people talking about venue visits, which is totally helpful, but typically it hasn't been a priority or part of the more standard typical planning package so I don't think the staffing is there for that. We wanted the WH room and patio and we looked at the venue during our PS.

Site visits typically happen earlier in the process than the planning session. We can't do 2 separate trips but since what we want to see is at the Grand Floridian, we didn't think it would be a huge deal. I haven't read where anyone was unable to see the venues.

It could be that the venue is in use for a wedding when you want to do your site visit which is why they have said you can't visit.

My daughter's planning session has been scheduled for March 9, 2016, yes right in the middle of spring break. We have tried 4 times now to make resort reservations through the Wedding Reservations line. At first we were told the 2016 resort availability would be released to the Wedding Reservations people in mid September but now we are being told they have no idea when the dates will become available.

We wouldn't be that concerned if it wasn't in the middle of spring break. We are not able to book a deluxe resort for the trip so it is important to get a value room while they are still available. Anyone have info on when they usually release this info to the wedding people? My daughter's assigned wedding coordinator is out of the office until the end of the week so she can't get her even by email.

She also asked for a site visit the day before the planning session or the morning of the planning session. The PS is at 9 am but the sites we want to look at are the WP and Narcoossee's. We have not seen Narcoossee's in person and we would like to before we plan any decor. We did not think this would be a big deal but her wedding coordinator told my daughter she was unavailable the day before but we could get dinner reservations at Narcoossee's if we wanted to see it. What?? We don't care who shows us around and since the sites are right there, I don't understand why someone can't meet us either the day before the PS or that morning. We are beginning to question the service we are getting which is weird considering we have been very laid back about everything so far, especially compared to what some people seem to ask for and get.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure why you're waiting for the weddings department to receive inventory for rooms. The discount they offer is a max of 10% off, any discount offered to the general public would be better. Also, you're better off booking now if you have a specific need. You could book now and try to get any discounts offered applied to your room once they're available. At least you'll have the room you need booked. When we got married in 2012, we were provided the 2012 room rates for our room block planning in late October 2011, which was right after DFTW received them.

Secondly, are you already working with a planner? If they can't show you the spaces you can ask if anyone else is available to show you. I don't recall whether or not theyll take you to places that are publicly accessible on your own, as Narcoossee's is.

The best advice I could give is advocate for yourselves and don't worry about what other people may have gotten. A lot of what gets shared publicly misrepresents the story or leaves out important facts. Of the service isn't meeting your expectations, address it with the planner. If it doesn't improve, escalate it to your sales consultant. Its a business transaction, framed through an emoptional event. I will say, communication was more frequent and more informative after our planning session once details were more locked in. Our planner was focusing on other events that were happening prior to ours, however when our time came, she was fully engaged and knocked it out of the park. So it might be that it's early days yet. Either way, good luck!

Rent points through David dvc instead of booking through disney might be cheaper. I booked my stay for my planning session for may two monthes ago through dvc.

I would also recommend just booking through the regular Disney reservations. It will just be much easier it sounds.

As for the site visit, if they can't show you Narcoossee's, just go one day when the restaurant is open and ask if you can look around. If you explain to the what is going on I'm sure they would be more than happy to let you look around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter