Planning our next trip, is savannah view at AKL worth it?

poteat_3177

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if you actually see the animals everyday. Just trying to decide if we should stay all 7 nights in a savannah view room or maybe just 3 or 4 and then go to pop century (we loved it last time we were there). Thanks for any input!

We love AKL. It's our favorite hotel. We always get a savannah view. I love sitting on the balcony watching the animals. I'm so excited because we are taking my parent and sister and her kids next year. I would stay the whole time at AKL if you can afford it. But then again I'm not a big fan of values.

Switching resorts is fine, but i would do POP first, and then move to AKL. Otherwise, POP will be a let down.

I totally agree. I love POP..but if you are considering a split stay, definately stay at POP first then go to AKL.
We stayed at AKL in Sept 08. A savannah room wasn't in our budget so we booked a pool view. LOVED the location. We saw tons of animals at the various viewing stations. And our room was conviently located. We were a minute walk to the lobby, 10 minute to the bus stop, the Mara was about minutes away and of course we were steps away from the pool. When we stay at AKL again (and we will;)) I will definately be staying in a pool view.

The AKL is wonderful and the savannah view is definitely worth it! We requested (and got) a room on the Arusha Savannah (the main one) on the Zebra trail side of the lodge. The location could not have been better!

We have done Pop/AKL and AKV/BWV split stays. IMHO anything is a let down after AKL! The first one was better. We stayed at Pop for 6 days then AKL savannah view for 2 nights. It was such a magical trip. We love the savannah view, even last year when it was really cold we had a giraffe sleeping outside our window all night.

We're going to be booking a Standard Room at AKL this May.
I wish we could afford a Savannah View but we can't and
I'm not going to let that ruin my Vacation.
There are enough Viewing Stations to get my View Fix.
I'm just thankful we are able to stay at AKL, this will be our 1st
deluxe stay.

I love AKL (probably my favorite of all I've stayed at) including PR,GF,CR,BWV etc..
That said, it depends upon your family. You see the animlas and it is relaxing to my family, but its not a deal breaker.
We have just as much fun w/ a standard view room. And really, how much time are you going to spend in your room?
If money was not a factor, I do AKL exclusively, but I have found for most of us, it is.
I would split the stay, (as long as you don't mind packing up) and use the extra cabbage for other stuff.
And I agree with the others, save AKL for last.

Have fun.

If you can afford to stay in a savanna room for 7 nights, definitely do it. I'm never disappointed with the savanna view rooms when I stay at AKL or AKV. If it is raining, you can still see the animals from your room without having to go outside or if the weather is too hot or cold for your liking, stay in the room and watch the animals. I think that AKL is the best resort on Disney property since you can't see animals from your window anywhere else!

We stayed at the AKL last Oct and had a savanah view and it was amazing, we saw animals from 8am to dusk...

The only room I would stay at in the AKL is a savanah view

I really liked our AKL Savannah view(okay the first one was of the construction fence but they changed our room, and shortly after that they blocked those rooms off b/c of the poor view). I would do value first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter