Planning Our Happily Ever After - A Disneymoon PTR! (NEW 7/13 - TR Link!)

HALLOWEEN, A NEW VERA & TRIP PLANNING

Normally, I spend my weekends doing loads and loads of homework that I am too tired to do during the week. However, last weekend and this weekend I was lucky enough to have little to no homework, so I knew I needed to take advantage of the time!

Planning for the disneymoon has kind of taken a backseat to the trip coming up this month (it is so nice to say this month!), so when I realized our day to make ARD's would be less than a month after we return home from this trip I had a mini freak-out! Even though I've had another trip to distract me, I still want for this disneymoon to be the absolute best vacation we've ever been on, which of course means that it must be planned to the T!

I really wanted to have our meals figured out before we leave for our trip this month so I'll be good and prepared on the 21st of December to make ADR's! Of course, this meant that I needed to put an itinerary together! I can't wait to show you all the spreadsheet I've come up with, but that's another post for another time. ;)

Anyway, I basically worked on our disneymoon itinerary all weekend last weekend and it has got me really excited for the trip! I love how the plans are coming together; it seems like the perfect blend between park time and relaxation time, with lots of new stuff added in and of course some of those special things that I wanted to try. I decided to not look at it again throughout the week and take another look at it this weekend to see if I still liked all of the meals and plans. I only made a couple of changes so I think I am all set on my ADR's! I'll do a separate post on that once we get back from this trip, because I have lots to update about for this trip in the 2 weeks before we leave!

One of the planning things I did for this November trip was to make itinerary cards for each day of the trip.
6ec382e7.jpg

Each card has the park we are visiting that day and its hours, our breakfast, lunch and dinner plans, plans for the morning, afternoon and evening, and the times of any nighttime shows and parades. On the back I've got some notes like confirmation numbers for ADR's and the anticipated travel times from our resort to the parks/others resorts. I think I'll take them to Kinko's and get them laminated so I can just slip them in my bag each day.

And speaking of bags...I also had to take some time to think about my wardrobe for this trip. I decided to go with the same "plan my clothes around my purse" thing I've done for my past two vacations because it makes planning outfits so easy. Since both of my VB hipsters are summer styles, I decided I needed a new, fall/winter print. Here's what I got!
ba24b971.jpg

I think it's going to look so great with the clothes that I've bought for the trip. That will be an update soon too!

And last but not least, I need to share with you all our Halloween pictures! This obviously isn't trip related but I thought it would be fun to share. The weekend before last, Miguel and I went with my grandparents to the Haunted Nights of Lights, which is a light display that you drive through around a local lake resort. The resort normally does this for Christmas (which is the Magical Nights of Lights) and this year they just started a Halloween theme. It was a lot of fun!

There are 3 miles of lights and you just drive through at a slow pace and take it all in! Here's Miguel and I in the car. (Notice the cute ghost in the background?)
c7fe6911.jpg

A spider web.
367bc83e.jpg

Jack-o-lantern.
ffc34d68.jpg

Characters from the Wizzard of Oz.
b7fb72b0.jpg

When I saw this I thought of Epcot!
ce84d4ec.jpg

A skeleton.
1afaf207.jpg

After you've driven through the lights there is a gift shop that has lots of fun Halloween things, like hats!
1663a1b2.jpg

Outside there are amusement rides, and my favorite, a huge fire pit to roast marshmallows.
426ada60.jpg

d044749b.jpg

It doesn't look pretty, but it sure was tasty!
18dbe7c4.jpg

It was a fun night and we'll definitely be making it a tradition!
12db8149.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a PTR for my big family trip next November! I think I'll start it in a few months. The crazy-planner within me already starting to go crazy!

Loved your wrapup of the Italy trip. I understand your feelings of being ready to be home. Last time I traveled to Europe for just over a week but I had seen and done so much in that time that it felt like I was gone for a month! I think time moves so much slower over there! :)

Vatican City was one of my favorite things I saw in Rome. It was beautiful. Glad you had a great time!!

You should definitely do a PTR! I love seeing how people plan trips with so many people!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Italy TR! Vatican City was definitely my favorite thing we did in Rome, too. :goodvibes

The Halloween display is too cute. We do something similar here at Christmas. A lot of local organizations set up displays and we drive through one of the big city parks. It is a lot of fun!

I love the new Vera. That is a cute pattern. I'm thinking it might be time for me to get a new Vera. It has been a while!

It is so exciting to think you have a trip this month. I'm awfully jealous :)

I can't wait to hear about your honeymoon plans/ADR's! I love that your itinerary cards for this month's trip are Christmas colors! Too cute-- I like to that when you wrote your plans you wrote "DHS play" or "AK play." That's exactly how I word it on our planning spreadsheet, lol.
Love the new Vera! The colors are perfect for fall/winter. I think I might get a Baroque hipster for the winter-- the colors really compliment my winter wardrobe. Can't wait to see your November outfits and how they play off your Vera!

Love love LOVE your new Vera!! I have the same Hipster but in Very Berry Paisley and I just love the new style of the Hipster! :goodvibes

WOW!! The Halloween light display looks incredible and sooo much fun! And I really like your Halloween shirt--too cute!!

Love the idea of having the note cards laminated to take with you each day. makes things less stressful!
And how cool- that light display looks like it was fun! I love blackened/burned marshmallows too! they are the best way to eat them :)

ps my TR is up and started!

The Halloween display is too cute. We do something similar here at Christmas. A lot of local organizations set up displays and we drive through one of the big city parks. It is a lot of fun!

I love the new Vera. That is a cute pattern. I'm thinking it might be time for me to get a new Vera. It has been a while!

It is so exciting to think you have a trip this month. I'm awfully jealous :)

I love the drive-through light displays. I can't wait to go to the Christmas one here. I've been going for years and it's always a great way to get into the holiday spirit. :santa:

I vote for getting a new Vera. There's some cute patterns out now! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about your honeymoon plans/ADR's! I love that your itinerary cards for this month's trip are Christmas colors! Too cute-- I like to that when you wrote your plans you wrote "DHS play" or "AK play." That's exactly how I word it on our planning spreadsheet, lol.
Love the new Vera! The colors are perfect for fall/winter. I think I might get a Baroque hipster for the winter-- the colors really compliment my winter wardrobe. Can't wait to see your November outfits and how they play off your Vera!

I spent so much time thinking about the colors for those cards! I finally decided I might as well do Christmas colors! :lmao:

I like the Baroque print too! There are a lot of patterns out right now that I like. :thumbsup2

Love love LOVE your new Vera!! I have the same Hipster but in Very Berry Paisley and I just love the new style of the Hipster! :goodvibes

WOW!! The Halloween light display looks incredible and sooo much fun! And I really like your Halloween shirt--too cute!!

Thanks! :goodvibes As soon as I saw the slate blooms in the fall catalog I knew I had to have a hipster in that pattern! I think it's such a pretty color combo for this time of year. :cloud9: I'm glad to hear you like the new hipster style. I didn't even know they had changed it until I went in the store. I'm a little sad about the flap being gone, because I loved that feature, but it looks like the bag is a little bigger now, so that's a plus. :goodvibes

Love the idea of having the note cards laminated to take with you each day. makes things less stressful!
And how cool- that light display looks like it was fun! I love blackened/burned marshmallows too! they are the best way to eat them :)

ps my TR is up and started!

Burned marshmallows are the best. :thumbsup2 It's fun the catch them on fire too. :laughing:

Yay! I'm off to check out your TR now! :goodvibes

What a super fun place to go for Halloween. I would love something like that!!!

Great new Vera (although is there such a thing as a bad new Vera???)

Sorry I haven't been able to post but I am working on my trip review as well as alot of other plans, including a Halloween party!!
I love the Halloween pics! They are too wonderful!! I love Halloween! And those pictures are wonderful! Can't wait to get all caught up with what has been going on with your PTR!
Leeanne

What a super fun place to go for Halloween. I would love something like that!!!

Great new Vera (although is there such a thing as a bad new Vera???)

It was a lot of fun! I can't wait for the Christmas lights there, because they're even better. :santa:

Sorry I haven't been able to post but I am working on my trip review as well as alot of other plans, including a Halloween party!!
I love the Halloween pics! They are too wonderful!! I love Halloween! And those pictures are wonderful! Can't wait to get all caught up with what has been going on with your PTR!
Leeanne

Hey Leeanne! I've been wondering how you were and if you enjoyed your trip! Let me know when you get your TR started! :goodvibes

NOVEMBER PLANS – DAYS 1 & 2

A few weeks ago I showed my itinerary for our November trip. Now that our vacation is getting closer, I thought it would be a good idea to go a little more in depth and share with you just how we’ll be spending our park (and non-park) hours while at Disney!

Our “day 1” which is our travel day won’t be too eventful, so I’ll be posting day 2 today as well. Here we go!

DAY ONE (TRAVEL DAY) THURSDAY NOVEMBER 25, 2010
This day will start off with last minute packing, I’m sure! Since I will still be in school that week, and of course working, I will most likely put off most of our packing to the night before. I will hopefully get off of work a few hours early that Wednesday, so I can spend my evening preparing for the trip!

Since we won’t be rushing to leave that morning, we can focus on getting the car packed up and all of those last-minute trip necessities. Around noon, we’ll walk over to my grandparent’s house (they live next door!) where my family will be coming over for Thanksgiving lunch.
a03eca80.jpg

Our plan is to hit the road no later than 2:00 pm. I’m hoping with that ETD, we can make it to Orlando by 9:00. On the way, we’ll probably stop around Gainesville for gas. It’s about a seven hour drive from Atlanta to Orlando, depending on traffic and such, and since we don’t make a lot of stops, I think it’s doable.
1213ccdf.jpg

Around 9, we’ll arrive at POR and get checked in! I think since it will be late I’ll do on-line check in (is it weird that I don’t like doing on-line check in normally?) Hopefully we’ll get a room in the mansions section!
b2efced5.jpg

After we get out KTTW, we’ll go directly to the food court to get our dinner for the night, and then we’ll drive around to our room.

We’ll eat, do some light unpacking and hit the hay!

DAY TWO (MAGIC KINGDOM) FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2010

Today the alarm will most likely be set for 7:00 am (or maybe a little earlier). I will get up first, shower, and get ready for the day before I finally convience Miguel to get up and get ready as well. While he’s getting dressed, I might take a stroll down to the food court and get myself something small for breakfast. Miguel is not a big breakfast eater (unless we have an ADR somewhere) so he’ll most likely decline anything from the food court.
2dafa779.jpg

The plan will be to head out to MK by 8:00. We’ll be driving, and we’re hoping to make it to rope drop! If we succeed, it will be our first ever rope drop!
350da158.png

As soon as the park opens, we’ll most likely head to Tomorrowland – that’s always our first stop! I might can convience Miguel to just get some FP’s and come back to SM later.

Since this is a small trip, we’ll be focusing on getting our favorites in, and not necessarily hitting up a lot of other stuff (that’s what the disneymoon is for)! Hopefully in the three hours before lunch we can knock out BTMRR, HM, POTC, SM and Philharmagic. I’d like to also grab a FP for Splash Mountain to use later in the day if the weather is ok.

A little before 12, we’ll head back to the front of the park for our lunch ADR at Crystal Palace!

After lunch, we’ll finish up what we didn’t accomplish that morning, which I’m sure will include a stop at the shooting arcade – Miguel’s favorite!
206665b0.jpg

I’d like to use the Splash FP right before we leave the park – we’ll see if I’m brave enough to try it for the first time!

Around 3:00, I’d like for us to head back to POR for some relaxing. We can either lounge in the room, or check out the Old Man River pool!
d90f2993.jpg

At 6:00, we’ll head back to MK where we’ll find a CS place for dinner. Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbor House are two possibilities!

After dinner, we’ll have a little time for some more attractions – hopefully we can fit in at least two before it’s time to stake out our spot for the MSEP!

At 9:00, the MSEP is scheduled to start! I am sure I have seen this one before, but it will be a first for Miguel!
04ac0f81.jpg

We’ll finish off the night watching Wishes…
1befb9cf.jpg

And then we’ll head back to POR to fall into the bed!

I love the new Vera! Brandon was trying to talk me into getting that pattern when I was trying to decide what to get for my mini hipster! :thumbsup2

I like the itinerary cards, cute idea! :)

And your Day 1 and 2 plans look great!! I can't wait to see MK rope drop for the first time either! And I hope you decide to go on Splash, it's SO much fun! :cool1:

Your plans look GREAT!! I sooo hope you get to see the opening show at MK!! It is AMAZING and always brings tears to my eyes!! And I love eating at Crystal Palace--great choice!! :thumbsup2

your plans for days 1 and 2 sounds great so far!!! It was mine and DS's first time seeing MSEP when we went this year and it was great :) i didn't know they had different versions of them! haha!!!!
So exciting that your trip is right around the corner :) YAY!!!!
And I know with limited time it's wise to stick with important stuff- even with having a child, we didnt get to everything, but everything that we DID get to was wonderful :) Just remember to enjoy yourselves above all else :)

Day 1 and 2 plans look perfect to me. I wouldn't be able to wake up at 7 after driving that long but when you only have a couple of days to do what you have to do...you do what you have to do ;)

Definitely try to make MK rope drop!! It's so emotional/wonderful!! I hope the weather is warm enough for your to brave Splash!

I have missed a couple of updates, but was able to catch up on all of them.
1. I loved your Mini Trip Repot. I had so much fun looking at all the pictures and places you visited.
2. The wedding dress you picked out is just so beautiful. I love the one shoulder style. The bridesmaids and Mothers dresses are also very lovely and fitting. I love the cut of those dresses.
3. The binder is a great idea. I think I may throw a hand in it when we go on our next Disney Vacation.
4. I love the Vera Bradley Purse you picked out considering I bought the same one. I just love the print and the colors go with so much. It is such a fall pattern with the navys, browns and yellows.
5 last, but not least the holloween lights looked like a lot of fun. We have something near us in St. Augustine every year with Christmas lights where you take a trolley tour and they serve hot chocolate and cookies while you look at all the lights. I think it would be really neat if they did a halloween themed tour since St. Augustine is considered to be one of the most haunted cities in America.

I love the new Vera! Brandon was trying to talk me into getting that pattern when I was trying to decide what to get for my mini hipster! :thumbsup2

I like the itinerary cards, cute idea! :)

And your Day 1 and 2 plans look great!! I can't wait to see MK rope drop for the first time either! And I hope you decide to go on Splash, it's SO much fun! :cool1:

Thanks! As soon as I saw the pattern in the new catalog I knew I had to get it for the trip! :goodvibes

I so hope we make rope drop! I really want to see the show, and I'm a little worried about crowds. ;)

Your plans look GREAT!! I sooo hope you get to see the opening show at MK!! It is AMAZING and always brings tears to my eyes!! And I love eating at Crystal Palace--great choice!! :thumbsup2

The last time we ate at CP was back in 2009 and I am so excited to get back! It's definitely one of our favorites! :goodvibes

Your plans look great so far! :thumbsup2 And I LOVE your new Vera hipster! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

your plans for days 1 and 2 sounds great so far!!! It was mine and DS's first time seeing MSEP when we went this year and it was great :) i didn't know they had different versions of them! haha!!!!
So exciting that your trip is right around the corner :) YAY!!!!
And I know with limited time it's wise to stick with important stuff- even with having a child, we didnt get to everything, but everything that we DID get to was wonderful :) Just remember to enjoy yourselves above all else :)

I'm glad to hear you liked the MSEP! I'm a little sad that we'll miss Spectro because we absolutely loved it on our trip back in January. I know the MSEP is a favorite for a lot of people, though!

The plan is definitely to focus on our favorites right now. Luckily we've got the disneymoon to look forward to so we don't have to worry about missing out on stuff. :thumbsup2

Day 1 and 2 plans look perfect to me. I wouldn't be able to wake up at 7 after driving that long but when you only have a couple of days to do what you have to do...you do what you have to do ;)

:laughing: We're pretty used to the drive, so hopefully it won't be a problem. The drive I am worried about is the one down for the honeymoon the day after the wedding! :lmao:

Definitely try to make MK rope drop!! It's so emotional/wonderful!! I hope the weather is warm enough for your to brave Splash!

I really hope we get to do Splash - I think I've gotten myself ready for it and I'll be disappointed it I don't get to try it out!

I'm still working on preparing myself for RnRC - still not sure about that one! :lmao:

I have missed a couple of updates, but was able to catch up on all of them.
1. I loved your Mini Trip Repot. I had so much fun looking at all the pictures and places you visited.
2. The wedding dress you picked out is just so beautiful. I love the one shoulder style. The bridesmaids and Mothers dresses are also very lovely and fitting. I love the cut of those dresses.
3. The binder is a great idea. I think I may throw a hand in it when we go on our next Disney Vacation.
4. I love the Vera Bradley Purse you picked out considering I bought the same one. I just love the print and the colors go with so much. It is such a fall pattern with the navys, browns and yellows.
5 last, but not least the holloween lights looked like a lot of fun. We have something near us in St. Augustine every year with Christmas lights where you take a trolley tour and they serve hot chocolate and cookies while you look at all the lights. I think it would be really neat if they did a halloween themed tour since St. Augustine is considered to be one of the most haunted cities in America.

I'm glad you're all caught up! Thanks for the sweet comments about the dresses. I was so excited to get my dress ordered and knock that off my list since it's such a big part of the wedding!

I definitely recommend the binder. It's nice having everything about the trip in one place and well organized so when you need to reference something it's easy to find. Plus they're fun to make, too! :goodvibes

Your Christmas lights sound like a lot of fun! I agree that St. Augustine would be a perfect place for a Halloween light display!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter