Planning our first trip to WDW

I agree. You should also make a list of "MUST SEE" attractions at each park so you can make sure to make the most of your visit. Once the MUST SEES are done, you can concentrate on other attractions. Also, many of the popular attractions should be seen very early in the day or at least obtain FASTPASSES. Otherwise, depending on the crowds, you may have to wait longer than necessary or perhaps not get on your ride at all.

We always made a point to be at each park during rope drop to take full advanatge of the high volume rides. If you mosey into the park 2-3 hours after opening, you could expect long waits or FASTPASSES for 4-5 hours later in the day.

One strategy I've heard is to avoid the park with extra magic hours in the morning as the majority of resort guests will flock there first - creating overcrowding early in the day.....but then again, it depends on the time of year you decide to go as to wether or not it will be crowded.

we are actually not planning on doing any big rides, my boys are only 7
and 4, so my yougest is probably too small for any "popular" rides? It just gives us an excuse to go back again when they are older so we can do all the others rides we missed out on !!! But I will do my research and see what rides we can ALL do together:goodvibes

we are actually not planning on doing any big rides, my boys are only 7
and 4, so my yougest is probably too small for any "popular" rides? It just gives us an excuse to go back again when they are older so we can do all the others rides we missed out on !!! But I will do my research and see what rides we can ALL do together:goodvibes

You'd be surprised at how many rides your youngest can go on. Most are just based on a height restriction so he may be able to ride more than you think.

It's very easy to do the booking yourself. Unless, you don't like planning. I think you said about looking at late August/early September. During that period there is the possibility of thunderstorms and they close done any ride that is outside at that time and will have you exit all water parks / pools.

Maybe, check mouseplanet.com for their weekly updates - they seem to stay on top of promotions / refurbishments quite well - they are usually posted on Mondays. Mousesavers that a pp mentioned is good as well.

We haven't stayed at POP (stayed at Caribbean Beach and Wilderness Lodge) so cann't help you out there. The transportation systems work quite well - if you need to be at a certain place for a reservation make sure to allow for transportation time.

is the transportation free if you stay on site at any resorts?
thanks for the mouseplanet link too!!!

You'd be surprised at how many rides your youngest can go on. Most are just based on a height restriction so he may be able to ride more than you think.

oh good.....I was afraid that we would only be doing "kiddy" rides for the week!!!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter