Planning next year and I haven't even gone this year!

BBG-BLT

Bunch of Booth-Genthe's
Yep. Me and my DD#1 started to plan next year's trip.:cool1: We bought into DVC in Feb and then just added on another 50 points last week. With the extra 50 (and the fact that we got 50 2009 points) we'll have 400 points so we're going Thanksgiving week 2010.:banana:

I'm so excited. We've gone around October the past um-teen times (actually we've hit about 6 of the last 8 MNSSHP parties). Last year (2008) was the only year we didn't go and that's because we have always been off site and DD#3 was born and I couldn't get myself to think about carting them all into and out of the park. But now with staying at BLT - I have hope. I hear being on site is just so different... like we might even be able to get back to the resort for an afternoon break!

Anyway - I'm just excited and wanted to share. I believe we'll be able to see some of the Christmas lights that week. We've never been to WDW past October so don't know how it looks at Thanksgiving but I hear its beautiful.

All the Christmas decorations at the resorts and parks are really beautiful, and I like the weather. You'll have a great time!

oh have fun.

We are going for Thanksgiving and are planning 2 or 3 trips for 2010. One will be in August and the other at Christmas we think. Our families tend to annoy us around the holidays so we are thinking of instilling our own tradition of going to Disney

Thanksgiving is my favorite time to go to WDW. We are going in April, but I'm thinking that I would also love to go Thanksgiving 2010. The decorations are beautiful and the weather is usually comfortable.

"Planning next year and I haven't even gone this year!"

Now you're a true DVC member, always planning ahead... ;)

Happy planning! We're usually Halloween time too so this will be our first year seeing the X-mas decorations at WDW. :santa:

I know what you mean...we're already planning for next Nov/Dec too!

For me, part of the fun is the planning and prep.

sounds absolutely fabulous - staying on site gives you so much freedom. Afternoon swims, naps and breaks recharges you for an evening of fun!!

Multitasking! Being a DVC member often required you to be juggling more than one trip planning at a time. I have a trip next month and am currently working on my ADRs for December and just finished booking my room reservations for January, March, and May. It's what keeps me going each day.

You are not alone - there are many here on the boards who do exactly that!

We are going Nov 25 - Dec3, 2009; May ?? 2010; and Oct 31 - Nov 5, 2010. Somehow there is some comfort in that:lmao:

Enjoy your trips and the planning! May you have many Disney Days to come.

We are also headed to WDW for our first trip home in October, only one month and 19 days to go! We have another planned for next year already too! It's so exciting !!!! :thumbsup2

This is too funny!! A couple of things happen to many of us once we become DVC members...we have an addiction to planning vacations & adding on more points (aka addonitis). The good and bad to it is that there is not a cure for either one of these conditions!!!! :lmao:

So it looks like you are fitting in right with the rest of us....:thumbsup2

Yep, right there with you... went in June and already reserved April 2010. Working on ADR's for that trip. Planning October 2010 trip and already thinking about anniversary trip in 2011. It REALLY is an illness!!!!

I have a notebook where I have planned out various scenarios of trips for the next three years! :rotfl:

Oh, I am SOOOO glad that I am not the only one!! I have a special Disney notebook for trip planning!

Me too. :blush: If I am not planning at least 2 years ahead, there is something wrong. Currently I am planning Oct 2010 (see pre-trip report link in siggy), Dec. 2011, and just starting to look at Disneyland GCV for June 2012 or WDW June 2012. :banana:

I have REAL problems. I have all my points planned out through 2014.

Oct 2009 AKV Kidani 2BR Savana 7 nights - Me, DFi, Freind1, Freind2, Their DS2 & DD4.
October 2010 AKV Kidani 2BR Savana 3 nights / BLT 2BR LV 3 nights - Me, DFi, Mom, MIL & Sister.
November 2011 GCV Studio 3 nights / Vegas 3 nights - Me & DFi.
May 2012 BWV Studio 7 nights - Me & DFi.
December 2012 VWL 2 BR 6 nights - Me, DFi, Mom, MIL & Sister.
Summer 2013 THV 6 nights - Me, DFi, Friend3, Friend4 & Their DS9.
Summer 2014 BLT LV 6 nights - Me, DFi, Friend1, Friend2, Their DS7 & DD9.

Oct 2009 AKV Kidani 2BR Savana 7 nights - Me, DFi, Freind1, Freind2, Their DS2 & DD4.
October 2010 AKV Kidani 2BR Savana 3 nights / BLT 2BR LV 3 nights - Me, DFi, Mom, MIL & Sister.

:lmao: Now that's a problem I would like to have. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:Oh my gosh!!! I feel so much better about myself right now. I know I have it bad, but at least not that bad!! :eek:Wait a minute... that means I am behind.... gotta' go get my notebook!!!!

LOL - I was starting to feel a bit crazy till I read this! I just bought into DVC on the weekend and already have my next 3 trips planned - although I have many scenarios that may happen - my DFi knows me well and said yesterday "you know honey, these plans will change on a day to day basis until we actually book it...".

My DFi and I are getting married at Disney next year, and will likely be doing the following:

Sept 2010
1 week in a 1 bdrm at BW with his parents for the week of the wedding.
4 day cruise (booked with cash on the rebooking discount)
3 days at BLT in a studio upon return from the cruise

May 2011
the 2 of us will be taking his son (who will be 6 at the time of the trip) and my mom to a 1 bdrm at AKL

I have been a member less than a week and am already planning on adding on points next year :)

So glad I read this post and am not alone in my planning - I should get a notebook as all of the various scenarios are currently on post-its and random note paper all over my apartment...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter