• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

planning MAW vacation!

Lisarh

Earning My Ears
hello everyone!

I am very excited to have found this forum! We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip with the MAW foundation for our daughter Kali. She is almost 3yrs old and such a beautiful little girl.

I am off to do a little bit of research on this forum about our trip!

Thank you!

Lisa:yay:

Welcome to the DISboards!!

I am excited to hear about your trip!

I will put a link to this pre-trippie on the Wish Trippers Unite thread. Feel free to post and tell us all about your family. I am excited for you guys! :)

Hello!

I am glad to have finally figured this forum out! What a wonderful place, so full of information ;)

I am Lisa (34) my husband Calvin (33). We have 2 children together and I have 2 children from a previous marriage. Jordan (12) Deven (10)- the 2 greatest kids ever! They are my kiddos from marriage #1
Kali ( Wish child! 3 in June) and Emma Claire (11 months). My husband and I have been married a short 4 years and it has been a very rough 4 years.
I had my tubes tied after my 2nd son was born, never thinking I would want more children. Fast forward a few years and I meet Calvin, he had no children of his own and desperately wanted his own children, so I opted to have my tubal reversed. We married in May 2005 and I had my surgery September 2005 and I was pregnant with Kali by October 2005!:)
Kali was born June 22 2006. a healthy 9lbs 10oz (2 weeks early!!)

When Kali was 4 1/2 months old she had her 1st seizure. It was November 6th 2006. She stopped smiling immediately, lost all head control and continued to have sz's constantly. After I begged the Dr's to do an EEG (2 weeks of begging) they finally gave us the heart breaking news. Kali had infantile spasms. It is the most catastrophic form of epilepsy.
Kali has been on over 21 sz meds, the keto diet & we have seen over 11 neuro dr's and 2 neuro surgeons. Developmentally she is 5 months old. She can sit on her own, but no communication. She cant walk/talk. She has a g-tube and can't eat table foods.
Kali has had 3 status sz's-one lasting 13hrs. She is a fighter though.. she amazes me everyday.
They question if genetics play a role?:confused3
Right now, her current diagnosis is intractable epilepsy and dravet.

Kali's website is kalielizabeth . com ;)
I must give meds now! be back soon!!

I am so sorry that your daughter has been through so much. She deninatly sounds like a strong little girl. I can't wait to see some pictures.

So tell us a little about your trip. When are you going? Are you staying at GKTW? I can't wait to hear more. I am sure that everyone will have a great time.

My family is going sometime in September (we hope) feel free to click on Liam's Pretrip report in my signature. Feel free to post as many times as you like to get your post number's to 10.:rotfl:

to be honest, I am not sure when we are going?? I am still waiting to hear from our MAW volunteers. There was a mix up with the paperwork, but I think it has been settled and everything should be close to being finalized? Or at least I hope.:confused3

We are aiming for the week of June 14th, my husband already had time off work, plus Kali cant be in real hot weather (it can cause seizures)

Does anyone know if the GKTW is already filled? We were told that we should be fine, but I dont know?

thanks!

Lisa

Hard to say whether it's filled or not. Let's wait and see what your wish organization comes up with. It will already be pretty hot in June, but there's lots of air conditioning.

You will probably find out about GKTW when you get your confirmation with MaW. I am in the same boat you are in, waiting for them to tell me when we could go. We are hoping for some time in September.

Keep us updated.:)

HOLA!!! i am so happy for ya'll!!! and in june!! wooo hooo!!

we are leaving on SATURDAY for our MAW trip!! you little girl sounds like such a FIGHTER!!! my son also was diagnosed with infantile spasms but after 4 epi of them they never developed....

i can't wait to hear more about your family and your trip!! take car and GOD BLESS!

how is your son now? I will have to read your pre-trip report! Have fun and enjoy every second of it!

Lisa

Now I am extreamly jealous.:rotfl:

Congrats on the dates, now you can really start planning.:banana:

I stayed on top of them though! I blame the OCD/ADD in me though!:lmao:

so.. apparently we do not have to bring any money?? That is what the volunteer told me!

What do I need to do now? What do I plan? HELP !!! :rotfl:

Lisa

Lisa - maw will give you a check for all your expenses. We get ours on Friday along with our entire packet.

Good to know! Thanks!

Lisa

They said something about planning our "party" I suggested Chuck E Cheese. Where have you guys had your party at?

I've been calling our wish volenteer almost weekly to see what was going on. She is probably dreading my name showing up on her cell phone.:lmao:

From my understanding MaW trys to take care of everything including spending money. You won't know how much you are going to get till right before the trip so I am going to budget in some of my own money for unexpected things. There is also a Walmart just down the street from GKTW so you can buy things you forgot or things you just didn't want to deal with when packing. (I am going to buy diapers there. Who wants to pack those.:confused3)

I would definatly start planning on what parks to see and on what days. If you need help send Maroo on the wish trip united thread a message, she seems to be good at that. She can also cheak out what the crowds might be like on certain days to help here. I have also started looking on youtube and buying books to get a better idea on rides. I wouldn't micromanage your day, but definatly get an idea of what you want to do, what you would like to do if you have time, and what you could miss. You might also want to get an idea of where to eat so you are not looking around when everyone get hungry and seatteling.:scared1:

From my understanding MaW and GKTW buttons get you in through the back of lines and the fast pass lane but the CM needs to see them so if they don't see you make a point to see them. Plus I have also learned that if not everyone can go on the ride because of hieght they will let somestay with the child while the rest of the party goes on the ride. As soon as they return from their ride the person is able to ride without having to wait in any line.:yay:

OK, I hoped this helped a little bit. Can't to hear more and can't wait to see some pics now that you are past 10 posts.:woohoo::woohoo:

They said something about planning our "party" I suggested Chuck E Cheese. Where have you guys had your party at?

We are not to that stage yet so I can't tell you where we had the party. Chucky E. Cheeses sounds great though. Liam had his 3 birthday there and loved it. I just might have to steal that from you.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter