• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning is half the fun

T-rox

Mouseketeer
I absolutely LOVE planning my trips to WDW. I think it is half the fun.Figuring out how to maximize my time. I cant stand to wait for a table, because of the downtime. I like to arrive and have it waiting for me. I like to plan how to travel to parks and dinner shows the most efficient way, as to not waste time. I love planning outifts for the different things I will do. For instance, boots, jeans and white eyelet and red bandanas for Hoop De doop. Matching pj's for the Christmas party. Pirate league makeover before the pirates and pals fireworks voyage. Now planning complimentary costumes for MNSSHP for a krewe of 9. I like to have a gameplan for my way around the parks. That way I am not zigzaggin back and forth wasting time and energy. Anyone else with this insatiable desire?

Hello!? Are we related? :laughing:
I am EXACTLY the same way! And I start planning waaaaaaaaaaay earlier than I need to. For example, I leave for my next trip May 27th, and I am already wondering about what to pack. :lmao:

I am the same way. I research everything from accommodations to socks and shoes! We are 13 months away and I cant wait. We used the UG's touring plans and had excellent results during our past two spring break trips. Parks were packed, but on both trips we did not wait in a line longer than 20 minutes.

This far out, I have not even figured out where we are going to stay next time, but I am having fun reading about other resorts. I love reading about WDW! We have been watching all the WDW stuff we have saved on our DVR lately which makes me want to read more stuff.

When my husband announced last week that we were spending our 10th anniversary at WDW (in August), I told him that he had just given me an early EVERYTHING present---just by letting me have a trip to plan!

WOW - siblings from another mother LOL

we're planning a last minute trip (ok last minute to us) we're going in July.

Usually we're planning for a year or more but this time we just decided to tack on a week at the end of something else we're doing.

had to be quick to get some reservations - went back the next day to change cinderella's breakfast but couldn't

now we just have to get a park plan together.

we're going to take advantage of the early morning hours so we need to figure out which rides we're going to go to first at each park to take advantage of it.

How come I can't meet people like you guys? My people can't understand me and my ways and why it is so important and fun to plan. :hug:

How come I can't meet people like you guys? My people can't understand me and my ways and why it is so important and fun to plan. :hug:

Me too! My friends all think I am on crack!! They totally do not get me planning so far in advance. We are going in November and I have already spent tons of time planning it out!

Read your post title and instantly thought of my wife, she might actually like the planning more then the vacationing :lmao:

I completely agree! I am going in September with my best friend and our husbands (who aren't coming with us) think we're absolutely crazy because we have everything planned so far in advance. I had about 3 or 4 spreadsheets going while we were planning hotels/food, etc. I had a blast planning, in fact I'm kind of sad that everything is planned already.

Now I can't wait until September gets here!princess:

I'm planning for our first trip at the end of Aug and already have started to think about things that I can't forget to take along with us, ha-ha. I'm really getting excited to plan this trip and in the past have never liked to plan anything at all.

I guess I planned our first trip TOO well. My wife appreciates the effort I put into planning everything, however she has full faith in my planning and kind of misses out on what I experience in the planning process.

I am planning for our late Nov-into Dec trip and everyone thinks I am nuts with my spreadsheets and information gathering.

Glad to know I am not alone! :goodvibes

I completely agree! I am going in September with my best friend and our husbands (who aren't coming with us) think we're absolutely crazy because we have everything planned so far in advance. I had about 3 or 4 spreadsheets going while we were planning hotels/food, etc. I had a blast planning, in fact I'm kind of sad that everything is planned already.

Now I can't wait until September gets here!princess:

I absolutely LOVE planning my trips to WDW. I think it is half the fun.Figuring out how to maximize my time. I cant stand to wait for a table, because of the downtime. I like to arrive and have it waiting for me. I like to plan how to travel to parks and dinner shows the most efficient way, as to not waste time. I love planning outifts for the different things I will do. For instance, boots, jeans and white eyelet and red bandanas for Hoop De doop. Matching pj's for the Christmas party. Pirate league makeover before the pirates and pals fireworks voyage. Now planning complimentary costumes for MNSSHP for a krewe of 9. I like to have a gameplan for my way around the parks. That way I am not zigzaggin back and forth wasting time and energy. Anyone else with this insatiable desire?

Count me in !! Except for the matching outfits. We go in December every year, so the best & most comfortable & easily layerable clothes for us are the Adidas/Nike wind suits. They are waterproof, warm, & easy to layer & they do not weigh a lot when carrying them in your daily bag throught the parks.

I love the planning & the anticipation that goes into it !!!
We go every December, so I feel like a pro now, but it is so cool when you come across a special tip that you had missed, LOVE it !!! Have fun in your planning.

I just put my $200 deposit down for my 9 day/8 night vacation at Wilderness Lodge TODAY, so I am in a real DIS
obsession & planning mode today !!! I am off work today with my son & we are completely in Disney planning mode today !! Woo Hoo !!!!

Have fun in your planning, I am off to try & find some new tips !!!

Here are our desserts from Whispering Canyon cafe in Dec 2009..

Vacation2009019.jpg

Here are the desserts from the Magic Kingdom Bakery, I LOVE the Christmas tree cupcake, it is huge !!!

Vacation2009129.jpg

:santa::santa::santa:

I am right there with you guys. Even though I get frustrated at times, my DH is always telling me that I live for planning our WDW trips (which of course he is right about). We will be down there in 8 days, have another one in the planning stages in September, and we are taking very good friends of ours in May of 2011. I am so bad, that I already know where we are going to eat for our next may trip, all I am waiting to do is get the park hours. Since this will be our friends first and probably only Disney vacation, we want to make it as special as we can for them.

I am right there with you guys. Even though I get frustrated at times, my DH is always telling me that I live for planning our WDW trips (which of course he is right about). We will be down there in 8 days, have another one in the planning stages in September, and we are taking very good friends of ours in May of 2011. I am so bad, that I already know where we are going to eat for our next may trip, all I am waiting to do is get the park hours. Since this will be our friends first and probably only Disney vacation, we want to make it as special as we can for them.

LoL! I am right there with ya! My best friend Kelly and I went to Disney in December 2009 and had so much fun, that we've decided to go again in December 2010 and invite our other best friend Lacy who has never been! Kelly and I are already trying to plan where we want to eat because we want this trip to be so awesome for her! :laughing:

Pretty much could have written your post :lmao: ...much to the dismay of my SO. I love to plan! I don't get terribly upset if something changes because that's life, but it is incredibly enjoyable for me to plan. Outfits for the parks, for the restaurants, which park to go to when, reservations...most of all LISTS. I'm quite the list freak. Don't know where I'd be without my lists!

well count me in the 'crazy planner' club! We planned our most recent trip (dec 10-20th) for almost 2 years in advance. Heck, we had big plastic storage containers for a year that we were putting stuff in to 'pack' for it!

My sister and I even did a family newsletter each month (like 8 pages each time) with park highlights, restaurant info (on the ones we booked) etc. It was a big hit, but crazy, yes.

I already have our itinerary (first draft) ready for our Dec 2010 trip, including meals, which parks in the am and pm etc. :lmao::thumbsup2

Planning the parks, yeah, that's fun.

Planning on paying, not so much... :headache:

Count me in a an obsessive planner. I've even been packed for about a month now. We're going to WDW next month and I'm already planning our next trip in Nov./Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter