Planning Honeymoon Trip - One More Question/Advice Needed!

jstaples1

Earning My Ears
Hi again all,
Thank you to everyone who responded to my last message about opinions/comments about the suites at the Grand Floridian.

I have one more question I'm hoping to get any advice or opinions on from everyone.

Once again, my fiance and I want to go to Disney World on our honeymoon in late October of next year. We're thinking about staying in one of the suites at the Grand Floridian.

But I've come across some previously undiscovered reviews and pictures of the Garden Suites at the Boardwalk Inn and they look very very nice.

So my question now is.... does anyone have any advice or opinions on the Boardwalk Inn Garden Suites? Worse, better, or on par with the suites at the Grand Floridian? They seem bigger than the Floridian suites and better laid out.

I know you miss out on the concierge service, but other than that anyone have any advice or opinions?

Thank you very much in advance! (I'm going to need the honeymoon after trying to plan all of this... whew!)

Are you sure the Garden Suites don't get concierge services? I don't know why but. I thought they did. I guess part of your choice should include some thought on which parks you want to spend more time in. I prefer the Epcot area so we usually choose one of those hotels.
No matter which you choose you will have greast accommodations.
Have a wonderful wedding!

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the Boardwalk Inn. We honeymooned in July at the Polynesian. Our choice was based on the importance to us of being at a resort on the monorail. So, consider that at the GF you will be on the monorail, if that is important to you.

My fiancee and I recently stayed at the BWI Garden Suites in Feb '02 (when we got engaged). The garden suites were wonderful, very spacious (2 stories), very large spa tub, sofa bed, 2 bathrooms, TV in master bathroom, king bed, refrigerator, vcr, etc. and they are concierge rooms. We actually got upgraded because they had no king waterview rooms available and the front desk person "made some magic" and upgraded us to concierge Garden Suite. It was perfect, b/c my fiance was surprising me with an engagement ring, so he couldn't of planned it better. Everyone at the Innkeepers Club was so helpful and very friendly, although we didn't spend much time there b/c we were enjoying the great weather and the parks. The food was very good.
The suites are right in front of the quiet pool and it was always very sweet coming back to our room at night , going into the gate and sitting in front of our garden. Each garden suite has a lovely garden in the front with a picket fence surrounding it.
When we checked in the bell men actually thought we were on our honeymoon.
I have never stayed at the GF before (I will June 2003), so I can't really compare, but this is definitly bigger than a suite at the GF, b/c this is 2 floors and the service was perfect. I had not one complaint.

Hope this information helped! :)

My husband and I stayed in the Garden Suites for our ann. They were very romantic. The location was great also you are within walking distance to Epcot and just a short boat ride to MGM. I also love the Bordwalk there is a lot to do there also. You do get concierge services at the Garden suites.

Not to confuse you more but...we went on our honeymoon to Disney in Nov 2000 and stayed at a 1 bedroom suite at the Yacht Club (room 309) which actually turned out to be a 2 bedroom suite. We were trying to decide between the GF and the YC and we were very happy with our decision. The resort was wonderful, and was so close to Epcot (we walked there almost every day) and we also spent a lot of time at the Boardwalk. The room and service were great too - especially the concierge. You may want to check on the Yacht Club too. :D Have fun!

I'll second Minnie's vote for the YC. My wife and I stayed there on our honeymoon in November of 98. Spoiled the heck out of me. The view onto Crescent Lake looking over to the Boardwalk was terrific!!

One thing I will advise you to do is every chance you get make certain to mention it is your honeymoon, especially when you are patronizing any restaurants. We received free champagne at the Yachtsman and quite the dessert and appetizers at ESPN Club.

They really try to go out of their way when they see honeymooners.

I would definitely choose the garden suites over the GF. The suites look so romantic and private. Perfect for a honeymoon. Also a short walk to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter