• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning help (DHS, AK, NYE)

kikik

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone :)

We just finalized the details for our trip later this year! Arriving on December 29th, and leaving on the second week of January. We'll be staying at POP. We've been to WDW a few times, but the last time was in January 2009. I've got MK and Epcot down, but for some reason DHS and AK have me stumped. We'll probably be able to go to the parks a second time if they're too crowded on the first, but assuming we only have a day:

DHS - Suffered from my naïve planning last time. We arrived for rope drop (always do), and then made our way to RnR and ToT, because I figured their lines would be bigger than TSM. We ended up seeing Beauty and the Beast on our way to TSM, so by the time we got there the lines were gigantic. Thankfully that is one attraction I thought was worth the one hour line, but I'd much rather not go through that again. ;) So the plan is to go straight to TSM with the mob, get a FP and ride it once, and then head to RnR and ToT. My problem is how do you go from there? Usually we skipped Star Tours, but now I'd like to ride it too... So how would you plan the rest of day - taking into consideration: not the little kid stuff, we could take American Idol/Prince Caspian/Magic of Disney Animation/the parade or leave them, have never seen Lights, Motors, Action. And we're little kids at heart/huge Toy Story fans and always have lunch at Pizza Planet. ;)

AK - last time we were incredibly spoiled by the (lack of) crowds. We arrived for rope drop and rode EE a bunch of times in a row. I think we left after the sixth because I was starting to get sick. That day we only did EE, the safari, Dinosaur/Primeval Whirl, FOTL, Nemo and It's tough to be a bug. Left right after lunch. I'd like to spend the whole day at AK and finally see the parade and Flights of Wonder. Apart from starting at EE, I'm not sure which way to go! I still get a bit lost at AK unfortunately.

NYE - The plan is to do MK on the 30th and Epcot on the 31st. We've only ever been in January/February, so we can't even imagine how crowded the parks will be. Can you guys give me a general idea? Will we be able to get anything done? Were we crazy to book the trip for these days (be gentle ;))? We're hoping to have ADRs for at least dinner on both parks.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter