Planning for first visit

ben9090

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I booked last week for 4 days with wife and 4 year old boy and daughter nearly 2.

I think I know what to expect on the hotel and food front just need some advice on crowds, queues and what/where is not to miss.

We are there 13th to 16th December, close to xmas but all kids are still at school. What do you think I can expect from crowds/queues? when are queues best/worse?

Also from the ages of the kids what are your top 5 things we shouln't miss? She likes Mickey and he likes Cars, Toy Story, Lilo and Stitch and Tangled best at the moment.

There are so many conflicting reviews on tripadvisor I would really appreciate any advice from the experts!

Thanks in advance

You should be fine as far as crowds and queues go. Like you say, it is before the school holidays, so it's not normally too bad.

Crush's coaster will be 60 minutes wait (it always is), but everything else will probably be between the 5-20minute bracket.

Hope that you have a great time. I'm there the following week in silly season, so I'm expecting queues of at least 1 hour for most things!

As for things not to miss. I have a 6 year old daughter (she was 4 at the time) and she can't wait to see Animagique again in the studio's. Its big, bright and colourful and (as a 29 year old male) I loved it as well! That is one thing definitely not too miss!!

My DS is 4. Here are his favourite things to do at Disney

Disneyland park:
Star tours
Buzz lightyear ride
Big thunder mountain - new most favourite ride
Phantom manor
Peter pan ride
Small world
Story book and casey jnr
Pirates of the caribean
Pocahontas play park

Studios:
Stitch live
Cars ride
Parachutes
Slinky dog ride
Animagique
Cars stunt show
Tram tour
Playhouse Disney live

He loves to Rainforrest cafe in the village as well for dinner, he has a real thing about it, more the place than the food.

As I said we were there that time last year and never found anything too busy, in fact later on after dark there was practically no queues in fantasyland.

DS enjoyed the Christmas parades, the snow on main street and the tree lighting. He didn't want to meet Santa last year but is talking about seeing Santa this year although he doesn't know we are going yet.

Just make sure the kids and you are wrapped up warm, the first morning I took Joe out for emh without his snow suit and he was miserable, he wore it constantly for the rest of the trip and never complained again.

Have a great time, we love it!:love:

it really depends on your kids. For example my DS (who was 5 at the moment) was too scared of BTM, Haunted house and armagedon, so we even didn't try crush coaster. But he loved Buzz lighyear laser blast, Star wars, Peter Pan - all the easy and slow rides.
Don't forget meet'n'greets - best way to meet Mickey.

I think your children are too young for Crush.

When we were last there my 4yo (daughter) was most enthralled with the characters and collecting their autographs, in terms of rides, she loved:

- Small World
- Buzz Light Year
- BTM
- Dumbo
- Carousel
- Peter Pan
- Tea Cups
- Casey junior
- Disney PlayHouse (really loved this) - she watches the TV shows
- Stitch Live
- Aladdin Flying Carpets
- Animagique

She was actually a bit scared of pirates and really didn't like the haunted mansion.

Wrap up warm as it will be cold.

As far as Crush goes, it depends on each child. The height restriction is lower than identical rides here in the UK, so my 4 year old was tall enough to ride it! She LOVED it!

I've just returned with my 4 year old and our first trip!

We did emh on the first day and was riding the rides twice each, no ques! Once 10 am came, it became busy and had to wait 15 mins max! I struggled to explain to my 4 year old, why we could ride twice to start with!

He didn't like mountain train, didn't do crush coaster or tower of terror or anything above his height! Just over 1 meter!

We spent a full day in the studio, trying to figure out each show time etc to be able to watch everything! Which we did, apart from missing scully and was gutted!

Playhouse Disney, don't sit near front, we was too close to see!

It's very tiring! I was in bed by 9pm each night, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter